Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Why Wortho could be the right man for the job...

I enjoyed the Brum post-match.

He said "we had a little chat at half time"

Later, a journo asked him "when you say you had a little chat, did you law down the law?"

Worthington sits there for a second, a bit of a grin develops on his face and he repeats "we had a little chat" :laugh:

It tickled me anyway. :|

Chris Coleman would be my pick. I know Nigel's doing well at the moment, but 5 games in charge, no matter what anyone says is not nearly enough to prove how good you are. In my opinion from reading Mandoric's comments in the Murcury, he seemed pretty respectful towards Coleman in general. I think Coleman actually quite likes LCFC too, his comments after knocking us out of the cup seemed pretty nice. He said we were a good club with spirit or something which I thought was really quite nice of him. I think he'd love to come manage us after the season if we're still in the league (Touch wood) and along with the cash to splash, I see him spending it really well and making us into a fighting team with a lot of spirit through each and every game.

I'm more and more impressed by the work Nige has done in the short space of time. We showed some promise in the first 45 against Norwich and the second against Brum. We played some decent stuff and started to look more of a threat. The level of professionalism behind the scenes seems to have improved from what I've heard too. He really has the players playing for him.

Nige deserves a great deal of praise for what he and the players achieved today. I'd be interested to see what those who went today say about the performance.

I'd go as far to say that if it hadn't been for Nigel Worthington we wouldn't have pulled this around.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO!

today is a great day - its only a great day because we could have/still may go down, and we won We had to win and did, they are climbing out of their own hole.

The manager has done well but lets face facts there was a lot to improve on. A lot of basic shortfalls under kelly have been unearthed. Any experienced manager would have got them doing the basics right. This is what worth has done - the basics right.

If we go or wortho im warning all in a season or two he will be gone. Kelly did well back end of last season he got the job - we are back to square 1 now.

We need a 3-5 season manager not a 1 season manager. we have had 8 managers in 7 years. we need a manager that can grow with leicester. A new era a new start

Worthington's last job was for five seasons, there or there abouts.

He managed a play-off place and promotion as champions in that time.

Should we really be so prepared to throw Worthington out when he's got a promotion (as Champions) from this league to his name? :dunno:

I don't think we should be so hasty.

Two games of 45 minutes...and today. I've seen enough to understand that Wortho has them operating in a totally different fashion to Kelly.

First and foremost - he isn't out on the pitch before the game fetching their ****ing balls for them while the squad warm up. He is being a manager.

Secondly - he barks orders from the touchline and makes decisions.

Thirdly - HE has just saved us from relegation. HE has turned this squad of misfits around.

I have no idea whether he is the best bloke for the job or not...but I am starting to think that with a history that included promotion and with what I am seeing week by week, I could understand Milan appointing him.

If Wortho doesn't stay over the summer he deserves the thanks from every Leicester fan.

Not quite.

Which?

We are not getting relegated now. If you doubt it then bet with me.

This is now a totally different team to the one I have watched all season. Worthington HAS made an impact on them. These are facts. Fact.

He's also got a relegation from the prem and nearly ruined 2 clubs to his name, where the fans of both clubs fought tooth and nail nearly having strokes trying to get him out. :rolleyes:

Find me a manager who's easily available, who's got a team promoted from this division and not relegated them from the top division. :thumbup:

I think you'll find that managers who promote teams and keep them in the top flight soon find another job in the top flight should they lose their job. :whistle:

Other popular names of late have included Adams - who relegated us from the Premiership... Dowie who relegated Palace... Keegan, who's staying out of football... Coleman who hasn't actually promoted someone yet (and will no doubt be credited with Fulham's relegation, should it happen) and Ince who hasn't done anything at all yet. Hoddle's got one promotion to his name but never kept that team in the Premiership either. He hardly bathed himself in glory in his second stint in this league with Wolves, either. Let's not even give Robson the time of day... :whistle:

Wortho has certainly made some improvments but Kelly's reign was a shambles and anyone would have changed things.

Even a numpty like Denise Wise would have improved on Kelly's tactics and shambolistic management.

I just hope Milan stays true to his ambitions because there is no way Wortho would have been the man he had in mind to lead this club back into the big time for good, when he first took over.

Dont get carried away and assume Wortho is the man just because he has got a shocking team at least starting to get the basics right.

Which?

We are not getting relegated now. If you doubt it then bet with me.

This is now a totally different team to the one I have watched all season. Worthington HAS made an impact on them. These are facts. Fact.

Im not that simple as to strike that bet, fact is we are not safe yet though and im not one to count my chickens, although i can taste the yolk, 'football is a funny old game'. As for Worthy, ive made my opinion know on him numberous times, granted he's got them working and he trying to land a full term deal, fair play im not disputing that, but would for example any other experienced manager had the same effect, we'll never know but imo they would have, the players needed that boot up the arse and some sort of stucture in place.

Ive been there, done that with Worthy, spent months protesting on the terraces with BFC, albeit its been 10yrs since, as did the Norwich fans i assume trying to get rid of the virus he spread, he really isn't are long term man imo and alot of fans are jumping on the Wortho in boat far to quickly for me (Not that you are of course), which they will regret when it all turns sour, which it will . I respect what you are saying though, and were all entilted to are own opinions. I will be the 1st to thank Nigel at the end of the season, but it will be a thanks with an envelope with a p45 in.

Two games of 45 minutes...and today. I've seen enough to understand that Wortho has them operating in a totally different fashion to Kelly.

First and foremost - he isn't out on the pitch before the game fetching their ****ing balls for them while the squad warm up. He is being a manager.

Secondly - he barks orders from the touchline and makes decisions.

Thirdly - HE has just saved us from relegation. HE has turned this squad of misfits around.

I have no idea whether he is the best bloke for the job or not...but I am starting to think that with a history that included promotion and with what I am seeing week by week, I could understand Milan appointing him.

If Wortho doesn't stay over the summer he deserves the thanks from every Leicester fan.

I agree with pretty much all of that, meaning Wortho would be a good choice.

Worthington's last job was for five seasons, there or there abouts.

He managed a play-off place and promotion as champions in that time.

Should we really be so prepared to throw Worthington out when he's got a promotion (as Champions) from this league to his name? :dunno:

I don't think we should be so hasty.

I agree...didn't at the start but despite this being only the first win...the change in the team is incredible..give him a chance is what I say!

I have to say that I think Worthington has done a really good job so far and he is growing on me... My problem is though is that I don't see him being a man to create an era with us. Though it would seem that Kelly didn't really keep the fitness levels up and had poor discipline over the players, Worthington has picked us up. Would Coleman do better, I'm not sure but he did a good job at Fulham and may do really well with a new fresh squad here at Leicester. Then again, Worthington is doing a good job so far...

I think that we can be fairly sure that we are safe now but whether or not we do choose to go with Worthington or Coleman is something left to be seen with the next two games in hand.

One thing is for sure though... I really don't think that Ince would be a good decision for manager.

I agree with pretty much all of that, meaning Wortho would be a good choice.

I'm not sure he would :dunno:

The only thing I do know is that the idiots stating this week that he'd made no difference because we'd lost two games can go suck it out their arse...it was obvious to anyone 'watching' the games that he was having an impact. And there we have it, three points. Boosh. :D

As I've said elsewhere, whatever the outcome over the summer...he deserves our thanks for doing a job that needed doing. :clap::thumbup:

I agree...didn't at the start but despite this being only the first win...the change in the team is incredible..give him a chance is what I say!

we gave rob kelly a chance. :frusty:

None of this "done well for us" bollox.

The right decision has to be made for the long term, and yes I think wortho has played a part in getting this result, but do I think he is the right man to get us back into the premier? No, no i don't.

picking worthington over a potential chris coleman IS MADNESS!

jam_300.jpg

I agree but you have to agree that if we didn't get Coleman then Worthington wouldn't be that bad, he's done a great job so far.

Taking a chance on Kelly was a big gamble - he had no managerial experience, apart from the few games he'd managed before taking the reigns officially.

Taking a chance on Worthington is a totally, totally different ball game - he's got bags of experience. 411 games or more.

Comparing the two events is massively unfair to Worthington. He wouldn't be taking over because "the boy done good" over the space of five games - he'd be coming in because he'd done well in five games, and has a history in this league. Are there any other D1/Championship champions from recent years readily available, at the minute? Can't think of any.

Coleman - who you'll be aware I rate as a manager - while reasonably experienced (4 years at Fulham, near enough) has no experience in this division. He walked into the Fulham job and kept Fulham in the Premiership when asked to. Fair dos. But could he take a Championship side and promote it?

Rob Kelly took over at Leicester, saved us from relegation - as he was asked to do - but could you see him take a League One club at the start of the season and promote it? Same theoretical question, different leagues. Neither manager has managed such a feat...

This is why, of many of the candidates being suggested, Worthington still has something of an edge - in my opinion. Yes his final few months at Norwich were rough - but Coleman's Fulham looked quite jaded towards the end. Rob Kelly's Leicester looked jaded and rather shite. Bryan Robson's West Brom looked poor for their final Premiership season, and weren't all that hot in the Championship either. Souness and Hoddle I'd also put forward as names who started well enough, only for their influence to wane.

There's not many managers these days that can keep pushing onwards and upwards - most managers seem to lose it eventually. So let's not rule out a manager just because his final season was poor - it doesn't erase the fact that he managed promotion before.

Archived