Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Why Wortho could be the right man for the job...

What has Ince achieved? That's a classic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Ince

Macclesfield Town

On 23 October 2006, Ince was confirmed as the new player-manager of Macclesfield Town in succession to Brian Horton. However, he was ineligible to play for the Silkmen until January when the transfer window opened, as Swindon Town still held his registration.[2] He joined Macclesfield with the club bottom of League Two, 7 points off their nearest rivals. Now he has revived confidence and got them to equal points to their closest competition in the relegation battle. After a 3-0 win against Chester they have managed to climb off the bottom of the table. On 4 January 2007 Ince was named as League Division Two Manager of the Month for December.

Not that much then.

:D:clap: :clap:

What :D ?

The blokes been managing a League Two team for a few months, while he's done a fantastic job I don't have enough to make form an opinion, he's got the character for it, whether or not he has the temperament and tactical knowledge is yet to be seen.

I like that. Honest.

And just what I've been saying.

I doubt if any of Ince, Worthington, Coleman, Clarke et al could contrive to do a worse job than RK did though.

I doubt a team of drunk kangaroos could do a worse job than RK did.

And at least they'd provide more entertainment.

I doubt a team of drunk kangaroos could do a worse job than RK did.

And at least they'd provide more entertainment.

They'd actually do a better job. The reason being, they'd struggle to sign AJ, Yeates etc.

Also, we wouldn't have to pay them money - they'd accept payment in.... well, whatever kangaroos eat these days.

He also comunicated very well with humans.

People could often be heard saying:

"What's that Skip? Little Johno is stuck down the old well!" and so forth.

Therefore, basing the social habits of Kangaroos on the whole on Skippy's own personal traits may not be totally accurate?

Skippy was obviously special, like Stephen "the universe fills me with wonder" Hawkins, Albert Einstein, Sir Isaac Newton and Rob Kelly!

Come off the fence Thracian. Are you saying Neil Lennon wouldn't be a good player next season for Leicester?

I very much doubt it - and wouldn't dream of taking the risk either on our behalf or on his considering the esteeem in which he is held.

I very much doubt it - and wouldn't dream of taking the risk either on our behalf or on his considering the esteeem in which he is held.

I can see your point here, but i'm a risk taker. It would be worth it, mainly because I would like to see Neil Lennon back here in some capacity.

I still think he's got playing time left in him, plus he seems to have the sort of character that could be excellent as a coach and manager.

I don't want to see many 30-35 year olds down at Leicester, but if they are good enough then age is irrelevant in most cases.

One or two old heads are needed for next season, whether they are your cup of tea or not.

I can see your point here, but i'm a risk taker. It would be worth it, mainly because I would like to see Neil Lennon back here in some capacity.

I still think he's got playing time left in him, plus he seems to have the sort of character that could be excellent as a coach and manager.

I don't want to see many 30-35 year olds down at Leicester, but if they are good enough then age is irrelevant in most cases.

One or two old heads are needed for next season, whether they are your cup of tea or not.

mmmmmmm, horlicks!!!

All fair points, we need a sustainable squad, targets like Camp, Varney, Jarvis and players like Merida on loan should be the sort of thing we're exploring but at the same time some proven quality is a must, a player like Murphy is "stand-out" as far as I'm concerned but a tough, versatile defender (Moore, Stefanovic?) could really help if we're looking at the kind of "experiance" we're looking to bring in to complement the rawer, younger talent.

I would have this order out the 3 managers favourite first.

worthington

ince

coleman

Midfield I believe we will need a quality older player, we wont get promoted with inexperienced midfileders, take pompy and merson in midfield how old was he?

Whilst their is running around the pitch the boss of the midfield only needs to stay central a lot and coordinate things passes, set plays etc. the younger players can do the running for him.

Up front and at the back we need big players who can hold their own and win headers thats what its all about in this division. I would probably go for 25-32 year old centre backs, 18-25 year old wing backs, a 31-34 year old 'quality' boss of the midfield, 18-29 year old wingers, one experienced striker at least 27 and another at least 25 and at least 2 more to compliment them.

Archived