Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Why Wortho could be the right man for the job...

So when we get to the prem we will have a championship manager who knows how to get relegated !!!

The more I read simplistic statements like this the more I am inclined to support the idea of employing Wortho full-time just to piss people off on this forum.

:rolleyes:

I am confident Mandaric will make the right choice when it comes to picking the long term manager of Leicester City. I had my doubts about Worthington and i'm still not overly keen on him getting the job full time, but he does get the job done. He'll never settle for second best and he's a disciplinarian, something we need down at Leicester.

I'm still in the Coleman camp, but I fear he'll fancy staying in London should he get the chance.

I am confident Mandaric will make the right choice when it comes to picking the long term manager of Leicester City. I had my doubts about Worthington and i'm still not overly keen on him getting the job full time, but he does get the job done. He'll never settle for second best and he's a disciplinarian, something we need down at Leicester.

I'm still in the Coleman camp, but I fear he'll fancy staying in London should he get the chance.

I still don't want Worthington, we chucked the Norwhich game away and the fans had more to do with the second half improvement against Birmingham than he did.

It sounds like he got his tactics right at Deep Dale, but it's only one game.

I've been thinking about Coleman as well, never managed in this division, never managed without a considerable amount of talent in his squad. Just as much of a risk as anyone else really. Still my personal faviourate at this moment in time.

There has been no discipline at this club for YEARS.

MON wouldn't be pally with the players. He kept a bit of distance and gave our punishments where due.

Whoever the new manager is needs to be able to give the squad a bit of discipline.

Too right, I think it's the main reason Sunderland has done well this season. Facing Keano after you've put in a poor performance must be one of the most feared experiences in football.

There has been no discipline at this club for YEARS.

MON wouldn't be pally with the players. He kept a bit of distance and gave our punishments where due.

Whoever the new manager is needs to be able to give the squad a bit of discipline.

Worthy has done a good job, thus far....I will reserve judgement untill after the wolves game!!!

and GB developed a load of youngsters, along with getting the best out of the others. Look what happened to Marcus Stewart under Burley.

I would be quite happy with George Burley. He's a positive, experienced manager and was my first choice for replacing Levein before his move to Southampton. Better than Ince, Newell or Coleman? Impossible to tell. But if forced to choose he'd be my choice because I'd have no doubts or reservations about him and he seems prepared to develop young players too.

I would be quite happy with George Burley. He's a positive, experienced manager and was my first choice for replacing Levein before his move to Southampton. Better than Ince, Newell or Coleman? Impossible to tell. But if forced to choose he'd be my choice because I'd have no doubts or reservations about him and he seems prepared to develop young players too.

Thanks Thracian. As a newcomer to this site I was surprised Burley hasn't been mentioned. He is well within our grasp. I am sure he would consider it if he has more money available. Lets hope the Saints don't go up now!!

Jut waiting for DavieG to get the stats on Burley.....

Burleys overall record:- 44% win rate, 45% whilst at Ipswich.....

Southampton 23-12-2005 to present 75 31 26 18

Hearts 30-06-2005 21-10-2005 12 9 1 2

Derby 31-03-2003 07-06-2005 107 39 43 25

Ipswich 28-12-1994 11-10-2002 409 185 127 97

Colchester 01-06-1994 24-11-1994 20 8 7 5

and then his the important bit, experience with Ipswich "getting them in the Prem" and then keeping them in the prem....

1995-96 D1 46 19 12 15 79 69 69 7

1996-97 D1 46 20 14 12 68 50 74 4

1997-98 D1 46 23 14 9 77 43 83 5

1998-99 D1 46 26 8 12 69 32 86 3

1999-2000 D1 46 25 12 9 71 42 87 3 PROMOTED

2000-01 PR 38 20 6 12 57 42 66 5

2001-02 PR 38 9 9 20 41 64 36 18 RELEGATED

The last bit aside I guess.........the reason Reading don't want to qualify for Europe !!

Too right, I think it's the main reason Sunderland has done well this season. Facing Keano after you've put in a poor performance must be one of the most feared experiences in football.

I wouldnt head back to the changing room, jump into the stands and take your chances with the fans.

:D:D

thats why he's a fat lad ; he'll swallow anything

I saw on TV the other day that obese kids nowadays don’t eat enough fibre making them severely constipated. The kids who were living on just junk food were unable to pass waste for several weeks making them really ill where by they actually started to vomit faeces. It’s true! Sorry it’s unrelated buts it’s quite a horrible thought really.

I never knew until a saw the program that it was actually possible to do a crap out of your mouth.

Thanks Thracian. As a newcomer to this site I was surprised Burley hasn't been mentioned. He is well within our grasp. I am sure he would consider it if he has more money available. Lets hope the Saints don't go up now!!

Jut waiting for DavieG to get the stats on Burley.....

Give one good reason why George Burley would leave Southampton to come here.

WOke up on the wrong side of the sofa this morning Lemond!!! :unsure:

Nope - I'm just REALLY bored of reading trite statements justifying reasons for not employing Wortho full-time. The level of ignorance being displayed on this matter by so many people is awe-inspiringly huge...and I have had enough of trying to scale Mount Stupid.

He has evidently changed the attitude in the training room, the attitude on the pitch and has a history of the kind of medium term success we are looking for. He is playing youth, he has adopted an attacking formation and bench and he has distanced himself from the players as a boss should.

What more is there?

Ah, there's the wibbles of some supporters from two teams where he worked. Norwich is a Championship side; Wortho raised their expectations by installing a work ethic and gaining success - and rather than give him the opportunity and time to remould the team they forced him out. He should never have gone, it was ****ing stupid.

Madly, those members of this forum that argue for managerial continuity are opposed to his appointment, obviously preferring someone who is going to offer some kind of quick fix. I've said before, there's no guarantees with managers and I have no idea if Wortho is the best option but he's certainly looking like being a good candidate at the moment.

Nope - I'm just REALLY bored of reading trite statements justifying reasons for not employing Wortho full-time. The level of ignorance being displayed on this matter by so many people is awe-inspiringly huge...and I have had enough of trying to scale Mount Stupid.

He has evidently changed the attitude in the training room, the attitude on the pitch and has a history of the kind of medium term success we are looking for. He is playing youth, he has adopted an attacking formation and bench and he has distanced himself from the players as a boss should.

What more is there?

Ah, there's the wibbles of some supporters from two teams where he worked. Norwich is a Championship side; Wortho raised their expectations by installing a work ethic and gaining success - and rather than give him the opportunity and time to remould the team they forced him out. He should never have gone, it was ****ing stupid.

Madly, those members of this forum that argue for managerial continuity are opposed to his appointment, obviously preferring someone who is going to offer some kind of quick fix. I've said before, there's no guarantees with managers and I have no idea if Wortho is the best option but he's certainly looking like being a good candidate at the moment.

No one with a brain is expecting a quick fix, I'm looking at who I think will be best for LCFC long term and I don't think that person is Nigel Worthington, apart from one decent promotion season at Norwich he's been unspectacular and alot of his signings in recent years in paticular makes me worry what he would spend our transfere budget on.

Also we've seen a caretaker turn this club around before and look how that turned out.

What more is there?

You are right in what you say Disco/Daggers/Lemond/Le Mans 24 but we've had our fingers burnt several times before with managers who've got off to a decent start here.

That's why i'm reserving my judgement for a few more games, I also have faith in Milan to make the right decision and i'll back him should he chose to keep Wortho or replace him.

I just think we need to be careful and not jump the gun, we all know that managers are capable of getting a reaction from players now and again, it's the one's that can do this on a regular basis that succeed. And we need one of those!

I agree with Lemond.

Theres been alot of changes people have been crying for E.G players being dropped, Authority, Attacking football, fitness levels attempting to be raised and some youth being blooded.

Now the only reason people are on the Coleman bandwagon because he managed to keep fulham in the premiership and achieved a few mediocore finishes, though people seem to forget he has the same defence minded attitude as Kelly, Fulham are one of the most boring teams in the Premiership, they rarely win away etc.

So Worthy in, Coleman no thanks.

Archived