Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Retained List

New season, new hope and all that, but the CULL has to begin TODAY.

Milan would have seen with his own eyes what players are worth keeping and whose OUT.

With a handful of managers vying for the hotseat surely it would benefit everyone for MM to start the ball rolling NOW and start the MASS CULL.

Worthy isnt that worthy or smooth and I aint being bitter!, but 3 losses from 5 aint a good return. A new dawn is upon us and we should act NOW.

So now the curtain has finally fallen to the season for LCFC who is worth retaining and whose going?

TATTIO > Gone

NILS > Sad to see him go

HUGHES > I'm not convinced therefore I'd let him go, if he has a long term contract keep as a squad player only.

JARRETT > Blows hot and cold send him back

RAB > (or or or keep him as goalkeeping coach, he has a vast expereince and could be worth keeping there)

HORSE . sorry mate you did'nt live up to your billing...... there again we didnt feed the horse, bye! send him back

STEARMAN > Sad to say but has lost it

MAYBURY ... no love lost

HENDERSON . Not convinced, might be 50/50 on him

KENTON> Off the pace.

DE VRIES Pay him to go....please.

ELVIS .................................................................has left the building.....

7 +2 loanees ....busy season ahead then.

Get the manager in sooner rather than later..

Retain

Logie

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Stearman

Mattock

Weso

Porter

Hume

Fryatt, if fit

Caders... 50/50

Out

Douglas

Henderson

McCarthy

Maybury

Kenton

Nissa

Johnson

Jarret*

Hughes

Horsefield*

Hammond

De Vries

Out on Loan

Logan

Fryatt

League One sides will be interested in both

Retain

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Stearman

Mattock

Weso

Porter

Hume

Cada

This wont happen, no way could we afford to rebuild on such a scale... but it'd be nice.

Out

Douglas

Henderson

McCarthy

Maybury

Kenton

Nissa

Johnson

Jarret*

Hughes

Horsefield*

Hammond

De Vries

Out on Loan

Logan

Fryatt

League One sides will be interested in both

Retain

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Stearman

Mattock

Weso

Porter

Hume

This wont happen, no way could we afford to rebuild on such a scale... but it'd be nice.

I would be happy to see that but I would be reluctant to see Kenton or McCarthy go as they could be useful back-up.

To make it easy i'll say who I would like to stay.

Logan ( Near enough the same credentials as Henderson but with age on his side, an able Number 2 but a reliable number 1 must be purchased)

Mattock (Young, strong, good potential and has shown promise plus a left sided player)

Mcauley (Has shown good quality this season despite some setbacks (O.G's and the like) but good as cover)

Kisnorbo ( Has been the main man at the back this season on numerous occasions, all the credentials you'd want as a centre back, just needs a leader alongside him)

Mccarthy (With the right man coming in ( we pray) as manager I believe with a disciplined manager he will flourish, like Levein got out of him by not being a soft touch, reminds me a lot of walsh, an erratic defender but with the right tutoring could become a valued player for this club)

Stearman (Although poor for a lot of the season I feel with the right management behind him his career can be rescued but will probably play second fiddle to a new right back next season)

Wesolowski (Has shown the potential to be a quality midfielder and a good leader, just needs to stay fit, reminds me a lot of Callum Davidson when he was here playing in the middle)

Porter (Good left sided cover, nothing more)

Fryatt (Our best finisher, just needs a good pre season to re-create his form at Walsall and the back end of the season he came)

Hume - No reason needed.

People like Maybury, Hughes and Horsfield can piss off, others like Johansson will go of their own accord but will be easily replaced many like Hammond, Kenton, Jarrett just try but simply arn't good enough for where we want to be.

Thats my say anyway.

To make it easy i'll say who I would like to stay.

Logan ( Near enough the same credentials as Henderson but with age on his side, an able Number 2 but a reliable number 1 must be purchased)

Mattock (Young, strong, good potential and has shown promise plus a left sided player)

Mcauley (Has shown good quality this season despite some setbacks (O.G's and the like) but good as cover)

Kisnorbo ( Has been the main man at the back this season on numerous occasions, all the credentials you'd want as a centre back, just needs a leader alongside him)

Mccarthy (With the right man coming in ( we pray) as manager I believe with a disciplined manager he will flourish, like Levein got out of him by not being a soft touch, reminds me a lot of walsh, an erratic defender but with the right tutoring could become a valued player for this club)

Stearman (Although poor for a lot of the season I feel with the right management behind him his career can be rescued but will probably play second fiddle to a new right back next season)

Wesolowski (Has shown the potential to be a quality midfielder and a good leader, just needs to stay fit, reminds me a lot of Callum Davidson when he was here playing in the middle)

Porter (Good left sided cover, nothing more)

Fryatt (Our best finisher, just needs a good pre season to re-create his form at Walsall and the back end of the season he came)

Hume - No reason needed.

People like Maybury, Hughes and Horsfield can piss off, others like Johansson will go of their own accord but will be easily replaced many like Hammond, Kenton, Jarrett just try but simply arn't good enough for where we want to be.

Thats my say anyway.

I think your think roughly the same as Me, but jury is out on stearman...

TIME FOR THE CULL

IMO i'd like us to keep Kisnorbo (unless brum make a decent offer), Kenton, McCarthy, Hume, Fryatt, McAuley, Newton, Stearman, Wesolowski, Cada (if he's cheap), Logan (but send him onloan at a decent standard), Dodds, Levi, Gradel, Mattock, King and Odhiambo the rest can go

For me it's more a case of sell whoever we can replace. If good money comes in for anyone, let them go.

The utter deadwood/those who are definately gone are definately - Douglas, Horsfield, Johnson, Tiatto, Johansson, Hammond and Jarrett. As far as a "cull" goes, that's it for me. We need to do this sensibly and skilfully otherwise we're just gonna end up down shit creek.

That'll leave us;

Logan

Henderson

Maybury

Kisnorbo

Kenton

McCarthy

Hughes

Hume

Fryatt

McAuley

Newton

Stearman

Wesolowski

Sheehan

Cadamarteri

Porter

Mattock, Chambers and those of the youth team who got contracts

Now. I'd tie up a years deal for Newton if we can get him cheap, he's a fairly good player on his day. For me, Henderson and Sheehan aren't gonna get a look in and may as well be sold while they're still worth something. Chambers + the contracted youth players, as well as Porter, should be listed for loan, get them out there playing regular first team football if possible. That'd leave us with the following best squad:

GK. Logan

DR. Stearman

DL. Mattock

DC. McAuley

DC. Kisnorbo

MR. Newton

ML. Cadamarteri

MC. Wesolowski

MC. Hughes

FC. Hume

FC. Fryatt

Subs from: Maybury, Kenton, McCarthy and those transferred for loan who didn't go out on loan.

Out of that, I don't think the following are good enough for first choice - Logan, Stearman, Mattock, Cadamarteri, Hughes, Fryatt. So they should be squad members. That leaves us needing a GK, an RB, a LB, a LW, a MC and a FC. So those positions should be priorities in the transfer market.

After that, I'd look into signing a big imposing, and above all commanding, centre back. If we get that McCarthy can join the deadwood list.

After that, sell whoever we can replace, or whoever has a big offer come in for them. So, if someone comes in with a good offer for Player of the Year Hume, take it, run, and buy someone new. If a good rightback comes in, axe whoever is furthest down the pecking order (Maybury).

Douglas (out),

Logan (retain as cover if nothing else)

Henderson (out)

-----------------------------------

Stearman (Sell and replace. Simply too vulnerable when attacked at speed).

Maybury (Out. I've seen quite enough.)

Magunda (Retained. Promising prospect).

----------------------------------------------

McAuley (retain although his lack of speed makes him so vulnerable against footballing sides).

Kisnorbo (sell and replace)

McCarthy (sell and replace)

Nils (out and replace)

Kenton (out and replace)l

-------------------------------------------------

Mattock (retain)

Sheehan (retain as cover)

-----------------------------------------------

Newton (Out and replace. It was marginable but surely we can get better).

Gradel (retain to progress from the bench)

Hammond (retain as cover unlless there's an obvious replacement)

-------------------------------------------------

Wesolowski (Retain. Good prospect)

Hughes (out and replace)

Jarrett (send back and replace)

King (Retained. Good prospect)

----------------------------------------------------

Porter (Retain, various uses)

Beswick (Retained. Efficient prospect)

---------------------------------------------------

Hume (retain)

Fryatt (sell and replace)

Horsfield (return to his club)

Dodds (retain as cover and let's see what he can do)

Cadamarteri (retain on short contract)

McKay (retained. Lively and skillful prospect)

Odhiambo (as above)

DeFries (send out on loan again or out)

In car terms we need virtually a complete rebuild.

Compare that to the early 60's side when I was gutted to see any of them leave.

this is how i'd go formation wise next season

-----------------New Keeper

-------Stearman McAuley McCarthy

Newton-------------------------------Mattock

-----------King Wesolowski New CM

----------------Fryatt & Hume

thats unless we dont sell kisnorbo then replace stearman with him

keep:

logan

henderson

McAuley

kisnorbo

newton 1 year deal

weslowski

mattock

hume

fryatt

unsure:

cadamarteri

porter

team next season

henderson

new RB - kisnorbo - McAuley - new LB

newton - new CM - weslowski - new LM

hume - new ST

As much as I like your vision Thracian, I don't think MM will give us the money we need to fill the gaps your plan will leave. As for selling, I think that only Kisnorbo and Hume would attract real interest.

I agree as far as the "listed for sale" players are concerned. Perhaps I should have said "fire sale" in some cases! :D

In car terms we need virtually a complete rebuild.

Almost all of what you said I agree with - and I'm going to start taking medication.

I do find it hard to think about us in terms of needing a rebuild though - if we use a car analogy then this is us...

old%20car%20full%20view.jpg

Almost all of what you said I agree with - and I'm going to start taking medication.

I do find it hard to think about us in terms of needing a rebuild though - if we use a car analogy then this is us...

old%20car%20full%20view.jpg

:D :D :clap::thumbup:

Cut to the chase. Swap 'em all (apart from Mattock) for Kaka. He could win this League on his own. Mattock and Kaka. And when they've won the league they can set up a firm of solicitors.

I started a similar thread the other day.

We have shipped most of the donkeys out already this season like Cog, AJ and Low but we need to drop Maybury, Douglas, Hammond and Cadamateri for starters and maybe throw in Kenton for good measure although he is a versatile defender and may deserve a place within the squad. Of the loanees, Newton may deserve a deal but the rest have been nothing short of shocking so can fook off.

What is then left is alod of young players (i wouldnt give up on Fryatt and Stearman just yet), Kisnorbo, McAuley and Hume which is a good sound base to work around.

Its time to bring in the big premiership experienced players to take this club forward.

Archived