Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

MM the Pressure is on - List of mostly Available Managers

This thread reminds me of the crap compilation albums that you get at Xmas.

Loads of titles you've heard a million times before and a new one.

people are missing the point, its not a topic asking who do you want....its saying there are a lot of decent managers to choose from this time around, usually there are 1 or maybe 2 managers to choose from and we take what we are given, its very important MM gets it right.

I'd only take Jewell, Davies, Coleman and Newell as choices I'd be interested in and add Simon Grayson's name.

So, its from Davies, Newell, Grayson or Jewell to me.

Davies would do the job well for sure but would fall out with MM in no time. Newell and Grayson are the best attacking options but Grayson has no baggage and Jewell's proved he can do the job in the Championship .

From those four I really don't mind. Personally I like the attacking prospects of Grayson and Newell but Davies and Jewell are probably more certain to gain us promotion and seeing some fans don't seem to give a toss how we play so long as we win, those two are the safest choices.

Thank you for mentioning Simon Grayson who suddenly seems to have been forgotten about but for me is one one of, if not the right man for the job.

Grayson for me. :worship:

Pearce, Davies, Newell can all keep away.

people are missing the point, its not a topic asking who do you want....its saying there are a lot of decent managers to choose from this time around, usually there are 1 or maybe 2 managers to choose from and we take what we are given, its very important MM gets it right.

I disagree. there SHOULD always be 92 possiblities (then short-listed) + the odd decent manager who is out of work. What you probably mean is that the press and bookies come up with the same names which are usually those recently sacked by previous clubs. In this instance Coleman.

Every manager is approachable. Look at when we have had decent managers doing a good job......they get approached. So why shouldn't we be that club approaching a manager doing a decent job in his current post/along with some creditable history.

WHY was George Burley off your list? Yes he is in a post. But a "realistic" target. Seems that so many people look for the obvious choices that are put on a plate by the bookies.

Burley to get the best out of some promising youngsters we have and the experience of both championship and prem level. MM read this and appoint the BEST.

if we hired david o leary i would hang myself from the top of the walkers stadium :frusty: considering leicester city is pretty much all i have to live for at this moment in time!

most of the other managers originally mentioned are sh@t :frusty:

i would be happy :D with Mike Newell (ex luton), Billy Davies (derby), Simon Grayson (blackpool), Dicky Dosh (walsall), Martin Allen (mk dons), Paul Simpson (preston) or Brian Laws (sheffield wednesday) All top managers & i would like to bring in Jim Smith or Ron Atkinson as an assistant because all the managers i want are very talented 40 somethings (i think) & to add an old head to the mix would work swimmingly methinks! as you may tell when i think about something important i go quite deep so any feedback is much welcomed :thumbup:

Paul Jewell

Stuart Pearce

Billy Davies

Paul Ince

Chris Coleman

Mike Newell

Roy McFarland ??? lol

Glenn Hoddle

David O'Leary

Nigel Worthington

George Graham

Kevin Keegan

Neil Warnock

Bryan Robson

A few weeks ago we were scarping the barrel and now a few half-decent ones are appearing.

I disagree. there SHOULD always be 92 possiblities (then short-listed) + the odd decent manager who is out of work. What you probably mean is that the press and bookies come up with the same names which are usually those recently sacked by previous clubs. In this instance Coleman.

Every manager is approachable. Look at when we have had decent managers doing a good job......they get approached. So why shouldn't we be that club approaching a manager doing a decent job in his current post/along with some creditable history.

WHY was George Burley off your list? Yes he is in a post. But a "realistic" target. Seems that so many people look for the obvious choices that are put on a plate by the bookies.

Burley to get the best out of some promising youngsters we have and the experience of both championship and prem level. MM read this and appoint the BEST.

I agree there should be 92 + forigen options. HOWEVER this is only the case for clubs that are willing to pay compensation...

do you think LCFC and MM are planning to compensate clubs for the services of their manager? what sort of compensation are we realistically going to pay? will that fee come out of the transfer kitty?

If we will pay compensation then does this not bring out a whole new list of possible managers?

Pearce would get loads of "jip" from the City faithful if he cam down, wudn't he? I certainly would any way

or how about the old stuart pearce is our friend he hates forest? i'd quite like to sing that but i dont want him as boss.

chris coleman for me.

dont want paul jewell cos he moans too much.

people seem to be forgetting about a certain manager who we hate who is about to resign from his relegated club this morning!!!

This is a man Milan was desperate to take down to Pompey the other season but just couldn't get his man, we all think he's a wan ker Milan thinks he's brilliant a certain Mr Warnock not saying I'm all for it just Milan is a BIG BIG fan and he is soon to be available!! I know there is another thread but I think he should be added to this list!!

people seem to be forgetting about a certain manager who we hate who is about to resign from his relegated club this morning!!!

This is a man Milan was desperate to take down to Pompey the other season but just couldn't get his man, we all think he's a wan ker Milan thinks he's brilliant a certain Mr Warnock not saying I'm all for it just Milan is a BIG BIG fan and he is soon to be available!! I know there is another thread but I think he should be added to this list!!

We'll see what they say at the press conference... but to be honest i dont see Warnock taking a new job any time soon and i dont think MM would want him for city, he may be a big fan but there will be lots of voices connected with the club cautioning against it... might still happen, but i would be surprised.

We aren't forgetting, there's a whole thread about it sir.

if we hired david o leary i would hang myself from the top of the walkers stadium :frusty: considering leicester city is pretty much all i have to live for at this moment in time!

most of the other managers originally mentioned are sh@t :frusty:

i would be happy :D with Mike Newell (ex luton), Billy Davies (derby), Simon Grayson (blackpool), Dicky Dosh (walsall), Martin Allen (mk dons), Paul Simpson (preston) or Brian Laws (sheffield wednesday) All top managers & i would like to bring in Jim Smith or Ron Atkinson as an assistant because all the managers i want are very talented 40 somethings (i think) & to add an old head to the mix would work swimmingly methinks! as you may tell when i think about something important i go quite deep so any feedback is much welcomed :thumbup:

just thought id point out that i was the first person to mention allen right here but knowone acknowledged him he will have my backing i wonder if milan reads my posts :laugh: if so bring izale mcleod with allen hes my bet for 1st signing i'll p!ss my pants with excitement if so hahahaha come on leicester :scarf:

Archived