Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chairman of the Bored

Interesting comment about Chris Coleman

McCall misses out on Blades post

Stuart McCall is set to land the vacant manager's position at Bradford City after missing out to succeed Neil Warnock at Bramall Lane.

BBC Radio Sheffield says Blades' chairman Terry Robinson has also ruled out ex-Fulham boss Chris Coleman.

Robinson said: "We didn't feel Stuart met the criteria necessary to get the club back into the Premiership."

"Chris has experience of managing in the top flight but limited experience in the overall context of football."

from www.bbcnews.co.uk

The usual kind: back of your hand / neck / arm / possibly even those that grow from your head. But definitely not hares as they are rather lovely creatures that should be kept together in one piece.

So Coleman's extensive experience as a player in the lower leagues counts for nothing then?

Obviously the blunts have wasted no time in finding a resident fcukwit to fill W*****k's shoes!

So Coleman's extensive experience as a player in the lower leagues counts for nothing then?

Obviously the blunts have wasted no time in finding a resident fcukwit to fill W*****k's shoes!

No, because it was as a player and not a manager. :dunno:

lol You are a very angry person!

So keeping up Fulham and then getting sacked for sliding down the league is enough to show he has what it takes in this league. Cuckoo Cuckoo.

It suggests he could, given the fact that the premiership is a much stronger division than the Championship. Fulham are the equivalent of Hull City in the Premiership. Small-ish club with a bit of history that has a chairman that has cash but is being a little stingy with it these days.

Coleman took over from Tigana when Al Fayed decided he'd already pumped enough money in and almost lost interest in backing his manager. Coleman then led Fulham to their highest Premiership finish (9th) with hardly any money, but I suppose he did at least have some quality players that Tigana had signed previously.

If we are going to praise managers like Warnock, Worthington and Dowie for getting teams promoted. We should also praise managers for keeping teams in the Premiership, something neither Warnock, Dowie or Worthington have ever done.

Coleman did a decent-ish job at Fulham, he's worth considering for the job. If Milan thinks he's the main man then fair enough.

Well I can't see that many better alternatives that are available at the moment, i.e lots of experience, out of a job or in a job they would leave! They might give Wortho a shot! I could see Newell there actually! They can't be too ambitious, they are only Sheffield United afterall!!

It suggests he could, given the fact that the premiership is a much stronger division than the Championship. Fulham are the equivalent of Hull City in the Premiership. Small-ish club with a bit of history that has a chairman that has cash but is being a little stingy with it these days.

Coleman took over from Tigana when Al Fayed decided he'd already pumped enough money in and almost lost interest in backing his manager. Coleman then led Fulham to their highest Premiership finish (9th) with hardly any money, but I suppose he did at least have some quality players that Tigana had signed previously.

If we are going to praise managers like Warnock, Worthington and Dowie for getting teams promoted. We should also praise managers for keeping teams in the Premiership, something neither Warnock, Dowie or Worthington have ever done.

Coleman did a decent-ish job at Fulham, he's worth considering for the job. If Milan thinks he's the main man then fair enough.

I agree, I don't like ppl suggesting that staying in the Prem isn't an achievement. Al Fayed turned Fulham in to a selling club for the past few seasons and gave very little back! For any team to carry on improving, especially in the Prem, they need to keep their bestplayers and buy in more. Everton and more recently Blackburn are good examples of this! I think Coleman with more backing could have secured Fulham for many more seasons in the Prem. I know you can never say that for sure, but I always saw him as a very capable manager and someone I didn't expect to get the sack!

Coming to leicester will be a totally different kind of challenge, he will have to build his own team and compete in a division he hasn't managed in before BUT I think he would be more than capable and would give us a real shot at playing in the Prem again! It' all down to ppls opinions at the end of day, until MM appoints someone and we can judge them on results, no one can really know who will be successful! GOOD LUCK MILAN

It suggests he could

He did an ok job and is worth consideration, but what he did at that level has no bearing on how he will perform at this one. It's completely different from the prem and what works there might not work here. I'm not saying he wouldn't do ok, just there is no link.

He did an ok job and is worth consideration, but what he did at that level has no bearing on how he will perform at this one. It's completely different from the prem and what works there might not work here. I'm not saying he wouldn't do ok, just there is no link.

You're right there is no direct link. But if you survive for several seasons in the best league in England with a club that has stopped pumping money to the manager then it's a pretty good achievement to have on your CV. Ideally it would be good to have a manager with extensive experience in this league, but it's not as if Coleman has come from Outer Mongolia. He's been in and around English football all his life.

That is a weird comment from a chairman who obviously doesnt like younger managers and has already ruled out NW`s assistant Stuart McCall in favour for people like Bassett and Peter Reid lol

Coleman isnt the finished article as yet but must be seen as a realistic prospect for us because he knows the cheap end of the transfer market quite well and does well with players from all over the place and has been succesful in keeping an average club up despite continously selling his best players in a really difficult division.

Archived