Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

No signings this week

According to the Merc

Allen's arrival has been treated positively and the next thing the fans are keeping an eye on is new signings.

Allen already has several in mind but their arrival may have to wait until next week because the new boss is on a family holiday booked long before the move to City.

But he will be working hard right up until the beginning of July, when the players return to training, to give himself the best chance of success.

Boring!!! :angry:

...not to mention a little unnerving considering the range of players we're getting linked to, Hendrie, DeZeeuw, Eastwood etc... one moment the next the likes of Cort, Best get throw into the mix :unsure:

You'll get over it. :ph34r:

If he'd been with us since January, he'd still probably have gone on his holiday. It just wouldn't upset as many people, what with the season having ended and all that. It only grates because he's only been here a couple of days.

This was the ideal time to book - he hoped to get promoted, and planned for MK Dons to be in the play-off finals... his holiday was booked for two days after the play-off final.

Expect a repeat performance next season. ;):D

Exactly where is the commitment? :dunno: :dunno: :unsure::whistle:

Family comes before a big dedicated push. Don't be stupid. Seriously football has its proper place in life. Bet you won't hear him going on holiday in easter.

Do we wait for Martin Allen to come back and risk missing out on some players or do we just let Milan do the business

???

He'll probably tell Milan the players he wants and then get Milan to bid for them, then release press conferences when he gets back :dunno:

from what I understand alot of offers were on the table and many were waiting to see who the new manager was before they commited themselves so we still may see some movement this week

What are you all talking about? it says he booked it long before the move to city....and he wouldnt cancell it just now...andyway its only for a week or so!

Get real. As he said in his press conference about pressure, family commitments are so much more important than missing a week of pre-season. He is away for one week with his family................wow.......big deal!!!! :dunno:

What will be, will be. :thumbup:

He doesn't really need to be here anyway. He'll give the thumbs up or thumbs down to Milan who will be signing some decent players.

Either that or we'll sign a bunch of twats and I'll have pissed £350 up the wall.

yeah milan willprobably just ring him give him a name and allen will reply with yes or no :dunno:

I think the critical word is "may"... to be honest, if the likes of Hendrie, DeZeeuw, Eastwood etc... are in the offing, then all it takes is a pretty quick phone call and it'll get sorted... just because you're on holiday it shouldnt mean you cant give a "yes" or "no" to negotiations.

The key point will come when he's got a good idea concerning which players he wants rid of and which players he wants to keep and so where he really wants to strengthen or make up for deadwood being let loose.

According to the Merc

Allen's arrival has been treated positively and the next thing the fans are keeping an eye on is new signings.

Allen already has several in mind but their arrival may have to wait until next week because the new boss is on a family holiday booked long before the move to City.

But he will be working hard right up until the beginning of July, when the players return to training, to give himself the best chance of success.

I dont think its a problem he has gone on holiday. i reckon him and milan would of talked extensively about transfer targets before he went, he will of nominated who he wants and milan will do the chasing. Milan has always been involved in the transfer side of things at pompey. Half hour update on the phone each morning and MA gets on with his holiday. simple.

I hope.

Archived