Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Carl Cort (Signed) / John Hayes (Signed - July 4th)

I don't post often but I understand from a mother of another Reading Youth Team player that Johnny Hayes has already signed for Leicester. Supposedly a fast and tricky winger. He is an Eire youth international. Lets hope our previous track record on wingers (Glombard, Low, etc) can be improved on this occasion.

Yeah, like Paul Dickov, Brian Deane, Billy McKinlay and Nicky Summerbee.

Oh, wait.

As if we have the likes of

Walker

Sinclair

Taggart

Elliott

Izzet

Davidson

Impey (!)

Scowcroft(!!)

in the current squad to back them up...

The lad was on the verge of breaking through when they walked the league and then got promoted. His chances have been limited because they have done well and they haven't had any major injury crisis.

The MK Dons fans seemed more upset at losing him than they did McLeod.

Just been reading Peter Shilton's autobiography and his concerns about the difficulties of giving emerging players opportunities because virtually every game these days is of importance.

Hopefully this is an example of our gaining from that sort of situation - but Allen will still have to show the nerve to give him opportunities.

If you get Hayes you're bloody lucky. He's a winger or striker, runs at the defence and the way he wiggles himself out of being surrounded by four or five L2 bruisers is brilliant. He's a great little player but definitely better off the bench at the minute, you'll need to work on his fitness.

Ibe just been on the MK Dons forum - Moocamp, they seem to rate this Hayes guy. I'll post a few quotes.

- NOOOOOOOOO!!! Thats shocking news - how did we let that happen.

- As a league one we may have had a chance of getting him. But he's far too good for this division and I can't see he would have come here permanently even had Allen stayed.

- Yes there is a remote chance he will return but more likely he wont which will be a shame as he looked quality.

- Was praying he would return, he was bloody exciting to watch when he got he ball.....

- Heading for the Walkers maybe?

Whoever gets him will be pleased with that bit of business

- I hope we sign him, but what worries me is that with no manager, no decision will be made and we will lose in to another dam team.

Did he even play for them?

Did he even play for them?
Oh no, we just stared a thread for no reason :cool:

Seriously though Allen shaould have played him more - he is pretty quick and damn skillful - have seen him go round 6/7 players at a time before!!!

Gutted if you have got him - but 1st come 1st serve at the end of the day. Cracking player!

Hayes has signed for Leicester according to RN Fox on TB, he also says we may also be about to sign Saganowski!

"Looks like we may be about to sign Saganowski.

Jonathon Hayes - still waiting but has signed."

this is agony, a week ago we had Bruno and Bingo Jimmy by lunchtime Monday. We're now into Tuesday of the following week and nothing. Someone needs to pull the proverbial finger out and get me some damn signings A-SAP, mmkay?

Need'n your transfer fix? :whistle: ...how did we all manage last season with no money and only the likes of Josh Low and Darren Kenton to spice up a long hot summer! :blink:

Need'n your transfer fix? :whistle: ...how did we all manage last season with no money and only the likes of Josh Low and Darren Kenton to spice up a long hot summer! :blink:

I wasn't here then, I joined when it was obvious we were shit and the likes of Josh Low were sending us towards to trapdoor of the CCC

Guys, just seen this post, I work for Reading FC as a coach and we have heard rumblings that LCFC are on the verge of signing Johnny, if this is the case it will be a quality signing, he is one of the fastest players I have ever seen and has a great head on his shoulders, quality lad although was a bit partial to the drink in the last year (he is only 19!!), I know him pretty well and have been out on nights out with him and he was just being a normal teenage lad, but around Reading he built up a bit of a rep for it hence the reason he was shipped off.

Guys, just seen this post, I work for Reading FC as a coach and we have heard rumblings that LCFC are on the verge of signing Johnny, if this is the case it will be a quality signing, he is one of the fastest players I have ever seen and has a great head on his shoulders, quality lad although was a bit partial to the drink in the last year (he is only 19!!), I know him pretty well and have been out on nights out with him and he was just being a normal teenage lad, but around Reading he built up a bit of a rep for it hence the reason he was shipped off.

Give him a ring and ask him if he has signed for us.

Chears :thumbup:

...and god knows how you all coped, I have no idea what last summer was like for you in these hear parts

Twas... as i say a very long... hot... summer :cool:... then again as foxile points-out we didn’t have expectations then as we were all totally reconciled to the fact that we were utterly broke, although i did have hopes we might manage to nab a decent midfielder with the loss of Gudjohsen, but that was never likely…

…crickey! just thinking about reminds me how utterly cr*p it was! :frusty::@:cry:

Twas... as i say a very long... hot... summer :cool:... then again as foxile points-out we didn’t have expectations then as we were all totally reconciled to the fact that we were utterly broke, although i did have hopes we might manage to nab a decent midfielder with the loss of Gudjohsen, but that was never likely…

…crickey! just thinking about reminds me how utterly cr*p it was! :frusty::@:cry:

and thats what makes this summer so much more exciting. we actually have the money to compete!!!

He has received an offer from MK Dons but heard the rumours about our interest although he said we have not officially approached him but he is holding out for LCFC..... Strange, I thought it was apparently a done deal!?! Unless he is holding back from saying anything until it is official?

Archived