Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

I am still laughing at that McCarthy sale

agree,but at this moment the dosh is nice :thumbup::thumbup:

True the dosh is nice but can we now use it wisely and bring in some quality?

By my addition we have released 5, sold 1, place three on the transfer list (and I guess hope there are more to go) and sent back 3/4 loanees. That means at present we have about 10 players (outfield) that have any chance of making the first team. 13 players gone, 2 in (and a youth) there is still a lot more players to come in will the £650K go that far? Sure Milan has got money but he needs to do a lot of dealing to get a full squad in.

It werent so long back that you were all praising him and saying how he is the next 'Steve Walsh' or whatever. I have always thought he was crap and when we signed him I would have rather have kept Matt Heath!

It a great deal, theres no denying that.

He was a decent player for this level, but never a promotion winning defender. He hasnt the temperament. Some can get away with it because of their class - not Paddy.

650k is great news for the club and perhaps means a contribution towards a really good striker.

It werent so long back that you were all praising him and saying how he is the next 'Steve Walsh' or whatever. I have always thought he was crap and when we signed him I would have rather have kept Matt Heath!

:laugh:

I have never called him Steve Walsh, he was a unique player and the like of we will be lucky to see again!!! Shame cloning in illegal.

Against Crystal Palace at home, 2005/06, when Morrison and Johnson came and were kept quiet I was hopeful that McCarthy would go on and improve as a defender and mature as a person but neither has materialised. Old habits die hard and Pardew can work as much as he likes but channelling McCarthy's agression positively won't be easy for anyone imo. He's an angry character on the field and even captaincy didn't make him channel this effectively.

True the dosh is nice but can we now use it wisely and bring in some quality?

By my addition we have released 5, sold 1, place three on the transfer list (and I guess hope there are more to go) and sent back 3/4 loanees. That means at present we have about 10 players (outfield) that have any chance of making the first team. 13 players gone, 2 in (and a youth) there is still a lot more players to come in will the £650K go that far? Sure Milan has got money but he needs to do a lot of dealing to get a full squad in.

Can you say that again!

......................this time in English :blink::D:thumbup:

Only joking kid I think I get your point :unsure:

I don't mean any disrespect to Paddy. He did an ok job whilst at the club but that was it just ok!

He would have been a good bench player next season and it will be difficult to replace him in that respect but the money for him was far more then his worth based on last seasons performances. Anyway good luck to him and I hope he plays well, albeit not against us!

I've always said though that we shouldn't individually judge any of our players. We as a team have played awful football not just last season but for the past three seasons and getting that out of the system is vital for the start of next season. Offloading as many of them as possible is a must and Allen seems to understand that.

We had an awful team of players but as individual players I can see some of them leaving Leicester and being pretty successful.

Good deal but when he was a permanent fixture in the team you all seemed to keep quiet.
It werent so long back that you were all praising him and saying how he is the next 'Steve Walsh' or whatever.

What a load of tosh!

I've always said McCarthy had the potential, but his head was never in the right place. Panicky Paddy was a liability; whether it was through cards on the pitch or defensive lapses. We looked more solid and less nervous at the back without him.

Perhaps we can now find a defender who hasn't been to the Dabizas School of Defending With Your Chest, and preferably one who can beat a player without pulling the shirt of his back in the process.

Good deal but when he was a permanent fixture in the team you all seemed to keep quiet.

No offence mate but that's bollocks!

He's never been popular. Well, amongst those who know what they're talking about anyway.

Obviously there were some idiots who'd post 'MCARFY IZ GR8'

If Milan wasn't here, Charlton would probably have only offered 100K and we would have accepted. But now clubs know we have money and don't need to sell, they will be offering high for any of our players.

No offence mate but that's bollocks!

He's never been popular. Well, amongst those who know what they're talking about anyway.

Obviously there were some idiots who'd post 'MCARFY IZ GR8'

I have to agree, he didn't have a great season and looked awful at times, but he does have potential but at £650k, I suppose the risk\potential did not outway the funds!!

He's gone now, i'm more interested on seeing how this money is going to be spend!!!

With no McCarthy and Tiatto we don't even have a chance of finishing near the top of the poor discipine league, where we've been high fliers for some years now. Whose going to be winning us 10, 12 + plus yellow cards and a couple of reds per season now these consistent card merchants have gone.......

LMAO

£650,000 - He can't be worth that surely. What has Pardew seen in Paddy Mac? God knows

He isn't worth £65,000, let alone £650k.

Rad Douglas - Maybury - De Vries - Hughes etc etc....you'll never know - could get a 7 figure sum for them lot. :whistle:

he was a good drinker :dunno:

serious now he was a good tackler.

Listen sonny do yourself a favour, unplug your pc and throw it out the 15th floor window of the council flat you reside in as you are making yourself look like a right tube.

His tackling was one of his main faults you nugget.

LMAO

£650,000 - He can't be worth that surely. What has Pardew seen in Paddy Mac? God knows

He isn't worth £65,000, let alone £650k.

Rad Douglas - Maybury - De Vries - Hughes etc etc....you'll never know - could get a 7 figure sum for them lot. :whistle:

Make a wish and it might come true. :mrgreen:

I bet McCarthy will turn up to training on the first day at Charlton and Pardew will take a look and say "what the fook do you want you incompetent twat I meant the Aussie Patrick, now get out"!!

lol - That would be funny. Wouldn't he feel gay.

Archived