Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brookfox

Darren Byfield

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=68997

Leicester City are the latest club to be linked with Millwall's Darren Byfield.

Rumours are suggesting that Leicester City are keen to talk to Millwall striker Darren Byfield, who moved to The Den from Gillingham last summer.

City join Oldham and Walsall as clubs vying for the strikers services, with most Lion's fans keen to see the ex-Aston Villa man remain at The Den.

Byfield's agent Steve Davies said back in January: 'He is desperate to go back up north, but while he is at Millwall he will remain professional and keep scoring goals.

'At the moment, he is a Millwall player and while he is at the club, he is paid to score goals and that's what he will do.

'But he has made no secret of his desire to go back up north.'

Rumours are suggesting that Leicester City are keen to talk to Millwall striker Darren Byfield, who moved to The Den from Gillingham last summer.

City join Oldham and Walsall as clubs vying for the strikers services, with most Lion's fans keen to see the ex-Aston Villa man remain at The Den.

Byfield's agent Steve Davies said back in January: 'He is desperate to go back up north, but while he is at Millwall he will remain professional and keep scoring goals.

'At the moment, he is a Millwall player and while he is at the club, he is paid to score goals and that's what he will do.

Byfield ?? He can b*llocks !! God can we please start signing somebody that costs a transfer fee of some description???

Dunno much bout im at the min really. but there are better people out there i no dat 4 a fact.

Sounds like an agent trying to attract attention to his client... Byfield was a player who at one time i thought had some promise but there would be no reason what so ever for us to target him and he certainly wouldnt fit the bill of our signings thus far, also he's another striker and i would expect that should we bring in a third striker they will be a bigger name and somone we're likley to invest a not insignificant fee into.

Oh dear i really hope this is being whipped up by his agent.

Do we really want a League 1 player at which the highest level he has ever played at is the CCC, when people are talking about promotion?

He's about 30 aswel ffs!

Maybe as serious backup, and i think he can play as a wideman aswel as a striker so hes a bit versatile, but thats the only reason i can think of why i would want him here.

reminds me of Carl Asaba in a way and we gave him a trial! Thank God this is just a rumour and I dont want to read too much into it, if he did come however it would show a complete lack of ambition by the club and continue the trend of embarrasing football players at this club in recent years

It's a laughable rumour,don't think he'll be joining you but you would have to question the clubs ambition if he does!I would hate it if he joined my club which just about says it all I think.Reckon he will go to the Cobblers or back to Gillingham myself.

Archived