Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OzFox

Paddy vs Iraq

Marks out of ten from the Sydney Morning Herald:

Patrick Kisnorbo

Lucky to hold on to his place ahead of Michael Beauchamp. He won't be so lucky for the game against Thailand. Looked nervous all night and was guilty of ball watching on Iraq's second goal. Substituted after 70 minutes.

5/10

Could be worse though..he could be Lucas Neill

Lucas Neill

Terrible error for Iraq's third goal. Looked jaded and nothing like the player he was at last year's world cup.

Stupid sending off summed up his evening. Looks like he doesn't want to be there.

3/10

Patrick Kisnorbo

Lucky to hold on to his place ahead of Michael Beauchamp. He won't be so lucky for the game against Thailand. Looked nervous all night and was guilty of ball watching on Iraq's second goal. Substituted after 70 minutes.

5/10

How do you pronounce that in Australia?

In Leicester there's a school, Beauchamp College, it's pronounced Bea cham.

Patrick Kisnorbo

5/10

Wont be so lucky against Thailand??? That makes me piss myself.....

I watched the whole game last night and thought none of them deserved better than 5/10. The second goal was caused by an unfortunate backpass by Emerton, I think it was, straight to an Iraqui player. The Australian defence was moving out and the ball was in the back of the net within seconds of that poor backpass.

I saw Kisnorbo make four quality headed clearances from his box and looked at times to be the only defender and therefore vulnerable. The ball on the back of the head incident was embarassing but fortunately didn't result in a goal.

The Australian commentators and cameramen were definitely looking for him to make a mistake and I was amazed how many times Patrick was centre of the camera frame, whether defending or up front for a set piece.

The midfield was dire and Mark Viduka looked dangerous only at times but without much support. Kewell was disposessed several times. Iraq defended well and their goalkeeper had little to do. Apart from the start of the second half Australian never looked a threat conversely Iraq looke consistently dangerous on the break.

What?

Tiatto has gone so now everyone has to turn on another Oz member of the squad to pillory?

****ing ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Obviously the bloke is going to be down on confidence after last season...but he was damn useful to us on more than one occasion.

Some of you seem to have forgotten that he used to be shite, but now he's alright - that's Kisnorbo. :thumbup:

God help Weso if Norbo leaves :whistle:

I watched the whole game last night and thought none of them deserved better than 5/10. The second goal was caused by an unfortunate backpass by Emerton, I think it was, straight to an Iraqui player. The Australian defence was moving out and the ball was in the back of the net within seconds of that poor backpass.

I saw Kisnorbo make four quality headed clearances from his box and looked at times to be the only defender and therefore vulnerable. The ball on the back of the head incident was embarassing but fortunately didn't result in a goal.

The Australian commentators and cameramen were definitely looking for him to make a mistake and I was amazed how many times Patrick was centre of the camera frame, whether defending or up front for a set piece.

The midfield was dire and Mark Viduka looked dangerous only at times but without much support. Kewell was disposessed several times. Iraq defended well and their goalkeeper had little to do. Apart from the start of the second half Australian never looked a threat conversely Iraq looke consistently dangerous on the break.

Couldn't agree more. I get the impression the Aussie media want him to fail, as he's not one of their "World Cup boys"

He's done alright in the last two games..certainly better than those around him. He was only a yard or so out of position for the goal, and was undone by a superb pass. Maybe we should be signing some Iraqis to go with our Iranian....

Bye bye Graham, you are clueless.

Bingo. Our players are quality but they sure as hell aren't playing like it. We were favourites to win the thing and now we're not gonna make the quarters.

Arnold is fkn thick and comes across as much with his shitty interviews.

Arnold out! :@

Archived