Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Cheltenham pre-season

Link

Robins: Foxes friendly still on

Cheltenham insist that their pre-season friendly against Leicester is still set to go ahead despite the recent floods in Gloucestershire.

However, it remains to be seen whether the game will be staged at Whaddon Road.

The Robins, who had to switch their home game against Wolves to nearby Kidderminster at the weekend, are awaiting news from the local authorities about when the water supply at Whaddon Road will be turned back on.

A club spokesman said: "We are awaiting further information but as things stand the game will definitely be going ahead. Whether that will be at Whaddon Road, it remains to be seen because without fresh running water we are not allowed to stage games.

"But we do have contingency plans should the water not be put back on and we are confident that the game will still happen."

Local media reports in Leicester had suggested that game would be switched to the Walkers Stadium but the Foxes have dismissed those claims.

"That was never an option and it has not even been discussed. It is just not viable from the point of view of the policing situation when the stadium will be all but empty," said a Leicester spokesman.

Cheltenham Game Off

Posted on: Mon 30 Jul 2007

Leicester City's pre-season friendly against Cheltenham Town at Whaddon Road on Tuesday, July 31 has been postponed.

The game will now be played at the Walkers Stadium on the same evening - behind closed doors.

Water supplies have been returning to some parts of Cheltenham today (Monday) but by late afternoon Whaddon Road had no water and Severn Trent were unable to guarantee a supply in time for the match.

Due to the late notice, we regret that the general public will not be able to gain access to the stadium to watch the game.

Article continues

Advertisement

The match will kick off at 7pm. A full report will be available here on lcfc.com at 9pm.

Absolutely amazing how trolls will spout off without having a clue. Most of the people that were flooded out were nowhere near flood planes try reading a real paper and see the scope of what happened.

It's a flood plain. It's a geographical term, I believe.

A flood plane is something entirely different, so different I don't believe one has been invented yet.

As for calling people trolls, there's a phrase about glass houses springs to mind. One can get good, comprehensive insurance cover for one of those, highly recommended.

Cheltenham Game Off

Leicester City's pre-season friendly against Cheltenham Town at Whaddon Road on Tuesday, July 31 has been postponed.

The game will now be played at the Walkers Stadium on the same evening - behind closed doors.

Water supplies have been returning to some parts of Cheltenham today (Monday) but by late afternoon Whaddon Road had no water and Severn Trent were unable to guarantee a supply in time for the match.

Due to the late notice, we regret that the general public will not be able to gain access to the stadium to watch the game.

Article continues

Advertisement

The match will kick off at 7pm. A full report will be available here on lcfc.com at 9pm.

Bugga! :angry:

Cheltenham Game Off

Article continues

Advertisement

For the best. :thumbup:

Bit pissed off with this, wish a decision had been made sooner and the game re-arranged properly for the fans. This is the pre-season game I've been looking forward to the most and probably the only one I would have gone to, having family and friends who are Cheltenham fans.

As for calling people trolls, there's a phrase about glass houses springs to mind. One can get good, comprehensive insurance cover for one of those, highly recommended.

Ha! See that Gloucester? Don't mess with me. I'm dead tough and everything. :angry:

*cracks knuckles*

*runs off to hide behind Lisa's skirt again*

...and that Blues Botherer person Leese, and him...he was talking at me dead nasty too. :cry:

I wonder how many days before a match you need to announce the venue to run things. The police probably come into it, as well as the staff obviously.

Yeah I understand the reasons, I just think they could have switched the game earlier. It was patently obvious that Whaddon Road wasn't going to be fit for the game and the contingency plan could have been agreed last week instead of waiting until after the weekend. As it is, me, my cousin and my mate (both big CTFC fans) have missed out on the first chance we've ever had to see a game between the two teams.

I was considering turning up with my cousin, both of us decked out in full Cheltenham Town regalia and seeing if we could blag it, but I can't be arsed.

Still really disappointed with the two clubs over this one.

What a beast of a word you've wheeled out there. May I borrow that from time to time?

Archived