Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Cheltenham pre-season

And if you're reading this Louis, I hope those words cut you deep while you're banging away at your beautiful yet vapid girlfriend or driving round in your nice motor or sitting on the bench at Accrington on a Tuesday night in November - and think of me sitting here in my dead-end job getting a lorryload of paragraphs from Thracian about how you are the best striker this club has never had.

RicFlair's set him a notional target of 10 goals for his first season ... I'll definitely have some of that, barring serious injury. :)

If he's as good a finisher as has been said, and he actually gets a fair amount of games 30-40, surely theres no reason he can't get 15-20 goals?

If he's as good a finisher as has been said, and he actually gets a fair amount of games 30-40, surely theres no reason he can't get 15-20 goals?

Sure, but I'm anticipating a programme of, say, 30 appearances in his first season at a new club.

Anything over 10 at Leicester would warrant a prize Mars Bar and a mayoral reception so let's not expect too much, too soon, but seeing Ric put the figure forward I'm happy to back Doddsy to get there.

With the birth of his first child (put your money on a son) due around September, 10 goals in his first season should be a nice way to celebrate.

City: Nielsen, Maybury, Sheehan, Hellings, Magunda, Kenton, Newton, Hughes, Sappleton, Fryatt, Porter.

Subs: Campbell, Logan, Gradel, McKay, Beswick, Chambers, Odhiambo, Rowe-Turner.

Weak team, only one outfield player in that eleven has a chance of playing the first game, a tiny chance at that.

City: Nielsen, Maybury, Sheehan, Hellings, Magunda, Kenton, Newton, Hughes, Sappleton, Fryatt, Porter.

Subs: Campbell, Logan, Gradel, McKay, Beswick, Chambers, Odhiambo, Rowe-Turner.

They're certainly pushing Nielsen's case!.

A few proper attackers on the bench too I see. In fact an old style five-man forward line in Gradel, McKay, Odhiambo, Chambers and Beswick.

Between them they represented approximately 63 goals in 89 Academy games last season (plus odds in the reserves) with the first three mentioned claiming around 56.

I can't see a goalless draw.

Weak team, only one outfield player in that eleven has a chance of playing the first game, a tiny chance at that.

Broadly, but with the odd exception, that looks like the shadow side right now.

But I'd say there were 10 outfielders who might feature in the first team at some time or another...Sheehan, Newton, Fryatt, Porter, Campbell, Gradel, McKay, Beswick, Ashley Chambers and Odhiambo.

Of those the first five could feature fairly regularly as the squad stands now and assuming of course that they remain at the club.

I can't believe Andy King is left out and Hughes is playing. (I'm docking 0.5 in total firstly because that's totally negative and backwards looking and because of the game being behind closed doors when a decision should have been taken days ago (total +16).

Archived