Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Moreton

One team, One dream

Where have you been Thracian - I was hoping for one of your reports.

Nice of you to say but I didn't hear anything I hadn't heard before and decided not to take notes but to to simply sit back and watch what was going on.

To be honest I don't know if the players were nervous but I was a bit concerned about the level of ball skills out there.

Goalkeepers excepted, cos both looked sharp and proficient, during the small-phase practices some of the finishing, particularly the volleying, was dire.

I reckon about one cross in four found its target.

Much of the heading was wayward with even simple close range efforts clearing the bar by yards.

And when, later, they worked keeping the ball up in pairs using feet only I was surprised how soon it all broke down.

Maybe priorities have changed with the speed of modern day football cos our team does close down fast.

But I was shocked by some of the sloppiness.

Not the effort. That was fine. But the sloppy techniques.

Perhaps I expect too much.

Some who watched will doubtless say I'm exaggerating and Finnegan will probably ask what the hell I know about it anyway?.

However it was fascinating to see who stood out in the various exercises...and later in the football finale where the team including Stearman, Wesolowski and rampant goalscorer Hume enjoyed a comfortable victory.

As ever, players found new energy for the football and some of that looked really slick - which came as something of a relief.

I enjoyed tonight's event. One major thing that stood out for me is how we now have serious competition for the central midfield slots. Wesolowski is looking very sharp and showed some glimpses of what he can do. He's a technically sound player and he works hard too. Not much more you could ask for. Clemence is a good few levels better than anything we had in the middle at any stage last season and Kishishev is similar to Weso but has a wealth of experience as well. I wouldn't like to have to pick two out of those three, unlike last season where we were struggling to find even one central midfielder who was up to the task.

Well... did Martin Allen impress then? Can we safely say we have someone who knows what they are doing or a know-nothing? And perhaps more importantly... did he make you feel we were capable of mounting a promotion bid?

Well... did Martin Allen impress then? Can we safely say we have someone who knows what they are doing or a know-nothing? And perhaps more importantly... did he make you feel we were capable of mounting a promotion bid?

I don't know why you asking me...i wasn't even there, i was at work...too many questions so early i've got a headache now and i've still got one hour left at work....go and ask someone else!!!! :thumbup:

One team one dream......

my dream came true a few minutes ago looking at bbc gossip column:

Former Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock claims he and his family were reduced to tears by a foul-mouthed tirade by actor Sean Bean. (The Sun)

Brilliant.

I hope it stung you miserable little man.

N.

Wesolowski is looking very sharp and showed some glimpses of what he can do. He's a technically sound player and he works hard too.

I'll tell you another thing about him that was evident, he doesn't like losing! Call it that Aussie competitiveness, but when his shots were saved he'd chase after the ball to have another shot. MA even had to tell him to calm down at one point! You can just see he's got that winning mentality that you just never felt from a Williams / Hughes / Johnson et al.

Some I can remember off the top of my head:
  • Are we going to get some more left sided players?:thumbdown:
  • Are we spending money if we go up?:thumbdown:
  • Will we spend more ££ if near top at Xmas? :thumbdown:
  • Are we getting 3 more players?:thumbdown:
  • Did we try for Fowler?
  • Can we, the fans, do anything (i.e. the 12th man)?
  • Are we leaving a couple of players up front when defending from set pieces this year?
  • Do you (MM & MA live in Leic)?
  • If you had £10m to spend on 1 player, who would it be?
  • What made you choose Leicester MM?

don'f forget that old dear who said theres to much fowling in football and Martin Allen was like ok then we will just let players wander on by, not tackle and quickly made a retreat!! :D

I thought it was a good night to be fair!!

I think Rodney will be sticking as a nick name!!

but the togetherness of the players was there to be seen could you ever imagine under the likes of Kelly and Levein that the players on the pitch in front of fans would launch into Happy Birthday for 41year old Kishishev, you could see they all respected Martin Allen and listened to what he said!!

I also liked the bit where Allen said he will never ever make a plea to fans to turn up t the stadium and make some noise and that it's infact the job of the players to make the people come and if they put on a good show the noise will come :thumbup: although I'm sure jon sanders wont like that as thats one of his 2 weekly articles ruined on the website

Gonna stick my neck out on this one...Yes :worship: , Yes & Yes.

Some I can remember off the top of my head:
  • Are we going to get some more left sided players?:thumbdown:
  • Are we spending money if we go up?:thumbdown:
  • Will we spend more ££ if near top at Xmas? :thumbdown:
  • Are we getting 3 more players?:thumbdown:
  • Did we try for Fowler?
  • Can we, the fans, do anything (i.e. the 12th man)?
  • Are we leaving a couple of players up front when defending from set pieces this year?
  • Do you (MM & MA live in Leic)?
  • If you had £10m to spend on 1 player, who would it be?
  • What made you choose Leicester MM?

Also MM intends to increase the stadium capacity beyond 40,000 (if it's not already been mentioned elswhere).

[*]Are we leaving a couple of players up front when defending from set pieces this year?

Just a note on defending set pieces.

We could struggle defending corners this season because the team isn't the biggest. Apart from the centre backs (Only 2 will play at a time) the only players over 6 foot are De Vries, Cort, Stearman and Hellings and I wouldn't expect any of them to be first choice.

And none of the keepers are comfortable with crosses :unsure:

Just a note on defending set pieces.

We could struggle defending corners this season because the team isn't the biggest. Apart from the centre backs (Only 2 will play at a time) the only players over 6 foot are De Vries, Cort, Stearman and Hellings and I wouldn't expect any of them to be first choice.

And none of the keepers are comfortable with crosses :unsure:

You might be surprised. DeVries looked well up for things in training last night and MA has suggested he rates Richard Stearman on more than one occasion. The thing about DeVries is that he gives us things DJ and Hume cannot give us...or the likes of Andy Cole if he were to arrive. There's no guarantee at this stage that Stearman (Rodney) and DeVries (Big Boy!), may not start. But they are right in contention.

You might be surprised. DeVries looked well up for things in training last night and MA has suggested he rates Richard Stearman on more than one occasion. The thing about DeVries is that he gives us things DJ and Hume cannot give us...or the likes of Andy Cole if he were to arrive. There's no guarantee at this stage that Stearman (Rodney) and DeVries (Big Boy!), may not start. But they are right in contention.

I don't see where Stearman will fit in unless Chambers plays left back which is hopefully not the case.

Thinking about it though, if Carl Cort is still not fit I wouldn't be suprised if De Vries started against Blackpool, MA likes a big man and De Vries looks like a new player. Depends who the new players coming in are.

I don't see where Stearman will fit in unless Chambers plays left back which is hopefully not the case.

Thinking about it though, if Carl Cort is still not fit I wouldn't be suprised if De Vries started against Blackpool, MA likes a big man and De Vries looks like a new player. Depends who the new players coming in are.

Stearman is in competition with Chambers at right back and McAuley/Kisnorbo at centre-back in my view.

I'm surprised he hasn't played more at centre-back in the friendlies.

He looked excellent with N'Gotty at Quorn but bigger games present a tougher challenge.

Stearman's strength is that he can bring the ball out of defence purposefully and supplement midfield, no trouble.

McAuley and Kisnorbo are out and out defenders, Mcauley being the better passer, but both can score goals from set pieces.

Kisnorbo is suspended for the first game anyway.

technically incorrect it was 45,000 and they way he was pointing it was towards the A+L kop end where powergens sheds are!

How is "beyond 40,000" incorrect compared with 45,000?. I wasn't attributing a direct quote anyway but thought he said "up to 45,000"?

technically incorrect it was 45,000 and they way he was pointing it was towards the A+L kop end where powergens sheds are!

If he was thinking about adding 12,500 seats surely they will add another level all over the ground - not just at one end. Though if he did it at the South Stand it would be one hell of a Kop.

He would have to be pretty sure of what he was doing as I am not so sure we would fill a 45,000 seater stadium, and playing in an empty stadium would be a backwards move.

If he was thinking about adding 12,500 seats surely they will add another level all over the ground - not just at one end. Though if he did it at the South Stand it would be one hell of a Kop.

He would have to be pretty sure of what he was doing as I am not so sure we would fill a 45,000 seater stadium, and playing in an empty stadium would be a backwards move.

I think sunderland had a identikit stadium where they increased it ..?? unsure thou.

Archived