Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Moreton

One team, One dream

If he was thinking about adding 12,500 seats surely they will add another level all over the ground - not just at one end. Though if he did it at the South Stand it would be one hell of a Kop.

He would have to be pretty sure of what he was doing as I am not so sure we would fill a 45,000 seater stadium, and playing in an empty stadium would be a backwards move.

And that's why MM owns Leicester City. He doesn't even think in terms of failure. He makes thing happen. He is planning for promotion and has no intention of not building on that if it is achieved. Indeed, he assured fans last night that money would be there to cement our Premiership status is we do go up.

And that's why MM owns Leicester City. He doesn't even think in terms of failure. He makes thing happen. He is planning for promotion and has no intention of not building on that if it is achieved. Indeed, he assured fans last night that money would be there to cement our Premiership status is we do go up.

I dont doubt MM ambitions or positive approach to Leicester and I am very pleased he bought us. But I am a realist and I am aware how many takeovers there have been recently and no doubt more to come.

I think the likes of Man Utd, chelsea, liverpool and arsenal are always fairly safe. Big takeovers at Villa, Man city, West Ham, Newcastle and Portsmouth have given them big budgets to buy players. Spurs, Blackburn, everton and middlesborough and now fulham seem to have good financial backing.

So with all these fairly well established it will be hard to get in amongst these and stay there. I regret that MM is no billionaire like many who seem to be buying teams but if he believes can compete I will enjoy watch him trying to do it.

My fear is that the gap between to two leagues is getting bigger.

Well if they do double up the East, South & North stands let's hope they change the roof design and the acoustics so that the noise generated isn't directed solely towards the pitch but to the left and right as well. But it seems so far off and wth just 12500 ST :dunno: supposedly sold I can't imagine why we are talking about.

Well if they do double up the East, South & North stands let's hope they change the roof design and the acoustics so that the noise generated isn't directed solely towards the pitch but to the left and right as well. But it seems so far off and wth just 12500 ST :dunno: supposedly sold I can't imagine why we are talking about.

Fair point, this is one of the many finer details they would have to look at including - toilets, food, stewards ect ect. Nice problem to have though :thumbup:

Guest lcfc80

can't get over how impressed i was with martin allen last night. he really looked like he had the players wanting to play for him and enjoying themselves. he also said some very positive things in the Q&A session which was good to hear :worship:

Yeah it was a good night, Allen managed to make it interesting and fun for the crowd that were there. Some of his answers in the Q & A were great :D

As usual you got the expected dim-witted questions e.g. "How much will you give the manager to spend Milan in January if we're in the top 6". :frusty:

Agreed. I'm sure it would of made more sense to look through the questions first.

I dont doubt MM ambitions or positive approach to Leicester and I am very pleased he bought us. But I am a realist and I am aware how many takeovers there have been recently and no doubt more to come.

I think the likes of Man Utd, chelsea, liverpool and arsenal are always fairly safe. Big takeovers at Villa, Man city, West Ham, Newcastle and Portsmouth have given them big budgets to buy players. Spurs, Blackburn, everton and middlesborough and now fulham seem to have good financial backing.

So with all these fairly well established it will be hard to get in amongst these and stay there. I regret that MM is no billionaire like many who seem to be buying teams but if he believes can compete I will enjoy watch him trying to do it.

My fear is that the gap between to two leagues is getting bigger.

I've no doubt you're right but Leicester is a major English city with a fairly big and safe core fan base. Unlike many clubs the potential is there to grow and to become established among the best.

Money is important but it is not quite everything in football and I do believe MM and MA have something special to offer that cannot be quantified in cash.

Question is does MA care enough for Leicester and will he have the strength of character to resist other offers and become the first manager to take our club to a level beyond even that attained by Matt Gillies and MON.

It's an enormous challenge but, with the initial backing of MM, not necessarily impossible. Unlikely in truth, but not impossible.

Archived