Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheBlinding

Logan and Gradel available

Missing out on Lee Camp for £300k this summer was poor imo. He was excellent in the two times I saw him against us both for Norwich at Carrow Road and for QPR at the Walkers. QPR have got a bargain in a young player who I thought should have been one of our first signings this season. If I have one worry about this season its the keeper situation.

Missing out on Lee Camp for £300k this summer was poor imo. He was excellent in the two times I saw him against us both for Norwich at Carrow Road and for QPR at the Walkers. QPR have got a bargain in a young player who I thought should have been one of our first signings this season. If I have one worry about this season its the keeper situation.

Seconded.

We've made our choice, now we've got to get behind Nielsen and hope he succeeds.

You might have made accepted MA's choice but I'm not convinced at all. I'm 100% hoping my view changes but, unless MA's planning another signing, everything I've seen so far suggests Logan's been shafted for convenience/diplomacy's sake and the team left in a vulnerable situation.

If six more games were to be played the rankings could be reversed but from the five close season matches I've seen, Logan's looked strongest in the main goalkeeper attributes - crosses, command of the area, safe handling.

None have had much shot stopping to worry about apart from Henderson although Logan looked fine when dealing with the three or four serious shots he's faced.

I seriously hope to apoligise for saying any of this in a month's time.

You might have made accepted MA's choice but I'm not convinced at all.

If he's not up to it then Allen will drop him. Let's give the bloke a few competitive games, give him some support and give him a chance to succeed.

People are already getting on his back over a few friendlies where he hasn't looked convincing and you can see a lot of people are just waiting for him to mess up just once so they can write him off completely.

That would be a good club for him to go to. Mandaric and Allen have obviously took their time to recommend him to them. Didn't Bond work with Mandaric at Pompey?

Sure did, he left and went to Newcastle for a short period. Left Newcastle because he became involved in the bungs enquiry from his time at Portsmouth.

If he's not up to it then Allen will drop him. Let's give the bloke a few competitive games, give him some support and give him a chance to succeed.

People are already getting on his back over a few friendlies where he hasn't looked convincing and you can see a lot of people are just waiting for him to mess up just once so they can write him off completely.

Why would anyone want him to mess up? Just to win an argument? I don't think so.

Just had a scout about on a Bournemouth message board and they were all very impressed with Gradel against Brizzle City last Saturday. None of them knew who he was, but now it's been confirmed as Gradel.

Let's hope he goes there and tears it up for 4-5 months and then comes back here in January to push for a first team place.

Just had a scout about on a Bournemouth message board and they were all very impressed with Gradel against Brizzle City last Saturday. None of them knew who he was, but now it's been confirmed as Gradel.

Let's hope he goes there and tears it up for 4-5 months and then comes back here in January to push for a first team place.

Quotes from fans..

Sign. Him. Up.
it was max gradel, he played down the right wing. however, there is no way he is 5ft11" more like 5ft!

he did ok but in a proper match i think he would be pushed off the ball an awful lot. he reminded me of that omiyimni guy we had on loan years ago.

He really was awesome, a bit like songo'o in that he went round players, ran at them but unlike songo'o had an end product and kept absolutely spanking the ball at the goal - on target and everything.

Forum

QUOTE(Michael The Work Geordie @ Aug 7 2007, 02:34 AM)

Instead, we sign some clown that looks like a poor Peter Schmeicel lookalike that works the children's party circuit and has a gambling problem.

That was stupid, but let it be a bygone. You wouldn't want people to ruin your future with taunts on past vices

Had

I can't believe we're letting him go to be honest.

Kaebi hasn't played a single pre season game yet, which leaves Newton as the only option out wide right. It's only going to mean we end up playing the likes of Weso out of position which doesn't work, simple as that.

This has been the case before with certain players, I've rated them no end but none of our past 3 managers have took the chance with him. But I firmly believe on this one Max is has the potential to be a class act, and right now, he's more than good enough to provide back up for Newton.

i do think with so many coming and going it will take them a while to settle in. Some will take longer than others.

I know this may seem like a silly comparison to some.... When i started my last job, i didnt fit into it straight away. i was a bit nervous, took me a while to be myself and to get to know the ropes, the people i was working with and how they all did things and operated.. i was good at my job, but with so many things going round in my head i couldnt perform as efficiently as i wanted to. At first. Its a new country too- even if its only denmark accross the way.. i personally found denmark to be quite different to over here..

Jimmy will come good, im pretty sure of that.

I can't believe we're letting him go to be honest.

Kaebi hasn't played a single pre season game yet, which leaves Newton as the only option out wide right. It's only going to mean we end up playing the likes of Weso out of position which doesn't work, simple as that.

This has been the case before with certain players, I've rated them no end but none of our past 3 managers have took the chance with him. But I firmly believe on this one Max is has the potential to be a class act, and right now, he's more than good enough to provide back up for Newton.

it suggests to me that they intend kaebi to play right wing.

he plays RB for the Iranian national team....

Archived