Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Youth Team products who have been a success

Erm, Emile Heskey :dunno:

Julian Joachim and Russel Hoult, perhaps :dunno:

The rest lower league non entities.

Jordan Stewart and Matt Heath are the only others that have gained International recognition of Under 21 or above for a respectable nation as well.

Dreadful record really.

But there's possibly 2 or 3 out of the recent crop that might be Championship and beyond standard including Wesolowski. More might get to that standard, but as evidence of the past have proved, it doesn't happen often here.

Winning the Youth Premier League last year

the point of the academy is not to win their league but to provide the manager with players capable of playing in the 1st team, i couldn't give a shit if they lost every game so long it does its job and gives us people that are good enough for the 1st team when called upon

Matt Piper was a success in that he was a good player who we made money from. He was just unlucky with his injuries.

true but he never actually achieved anything, although there were extenuating circumstances

the point of the academy is not to win their league but to provide the manager with players capable of playing in the 1st team, i couldn't give a shit if they lost every game so long it does its job and gives us people that are good enough for the 1st team when called upon

true but he never actually achieved anything, although there were extenuating circumstances

True, but winning the Academy League for the whole country surely means something. If all players start off at Academy level, then the most successful academy teams are likely to have some of the better academy players playing for them. Therefore a better academy team should mean a better possibility of some quality youngsters breaking through in to the first team.

True, but winning the Academy League for the whole country surely means something. If all players start off at Academy level, then the most successful academy teams are likely to have some of the better academy players playing for them. Therefore a better academy team should mean a better possibility of some quality youngsters breaking through in to the first team.

but how many people have stared at say manure's academy then never made it big, yes its a good thing to bost about but it means nothing

Jordan Stewart and Matt Heath are the only others that have gained International recognition of Under 21 or above for a respectable nation as well.

Dreadful record really.

But there's possibly 2 or 3 out of the recent crop that might be Championship and beyond standard including Wesolowski. More might get to that standard, but as evidence of the past have proved, it doesn't happen often here.

Matt Heath, League One fodder with the -15 points Leeds.

Jordan Stewart was a Villa product and somehow that tosser has had a couple of Premiership campaigns.

It'll be interesting to see where that squad ends up in five years time.

I hope they all make it as John Rudkin has put in a hell of a lot of work since the days of Alan Hill to turn it around.

but how many people have stared at say manure's academy then never made it big, yes its a good thing to bost about but it means nothing

I think you'd be surprised at some of the youngsters that Man United have had and have gone on to play at a level as good as ours or above. How many are good enough to dislodge the likes of Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Roonet, etc is a different matter. But we're not in that same boat, any youngster worth their salt should be good enough for us really. So for us to piss the league last season, plus beat Arsenal and Sunderland in their back yard goes some way to suggest we've got the best chance in years to produce some quality youngsters.

They will be fine, providing they are playing against teams made up of players much younger/smaller than them, as they did last year.

I think lying about their ages might be in order....

I hope they all make it as John Rudkin has put in a hell of a lot of work since the days of Alan Hill to turn it around.

Don't get me wrong, I hope, for the club's sake more than anything, that these lads do go onto to become successful.

Archived