Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flynny

Another De Vries topic (sorry)

De Vries:  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Your view on him today?

• Man of the Match
    • Good performance, would start him next game.
    • Decent contribution, would start him next game
    • Decent contribution, would rather try someone else next game
    • He was poor (Green doggy-jacket, white stick option)
    • He was absolutely shit (Moron option)

Some seem to think the odd person slating De Vries backs them up in their view that he played crap. I wanna see what the general consensus is.

If you think he WAS crap, ignore my piss-taking and vote for that anyway, the numbers should be interesting.

think he had an ok game today no worse than any other players really, but when campbell came on he looked lively and looked like he was going to score i would start with him and put de vries on the bench. it also encourages the defenders to just punt the ball towards him instead of lookin for a pass

I'd start him next game because I don't like the idea of 2 short arses up front. I wish we had a better alternative though.

Why exactly?

They've got pace, energy and are dangerous. Hume wins loads of headers and can hold the ball nicely.

Listened to the game on the radio as did a few other FT members.

I heard his name mentioned a lot, but i've always wanted Hume and Campbell to be the regular starters. de Vries can do a job coming off the bench perhaps.

Would love to hear his name mentioned a lot more hopefully before the transfer window closes...the sooner we get rid of passengers the better!

Besides the fact that it'd be all too easy to leave him out of most squad selections this season, he is still a lcfc player, one of our tallest strikers and he'll be fitter alot more than Cort ever will be.

I thought that MDV had a decent game today and i would start him next game in the hope that what happened today will hopefully bring better out of him at palace. I don't believe that chopping and changing does the world of wonders for morale and being as we are only a game into this season it can't hurt to give him another game to prove hes worth it. When we're half way through a seaosn and MDV is still being selected but not delivering then we should start to worry ;)

I'd start him next game, i think give him a few games under his belt, confidence goes up and we might get some goals out of him!

who said "He was absolutely shit (Moron option)"

Agreed! :thumbup:

MDV enables us to create so much play, just through the basics that his physique brings.

I thought he played well today and if our luck had been in, he would have bagged a couple of goals.

Certainly keep him in the side for me.

MDV enables us to create so much play, just through the basics that his physique brings.

I thought he played well today and if our luck had been in, he would have bagged a couple of goals.

:thumbup:

Who'd have though, a year ago, that we'd be able to refer to his "physique" without taking the piss. That speaks for itself.

It was obvious some people were going to make De Vries a bit of a scapegoat, just for who he is. The fact is after he figured out that none of his well won flick ons were being latched on to, time and time again he brought the ball down, brought players into play and lets face it...was extremely unlucky not to score one of his two woodwork bound attempts. So for me, yes he certainly deserves his place.

Archived