Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommeh

Team for Accrington

I would play our best team possible for the Accrington game, to get some confidence back after the unlucky defeat yesterday.

Goalkeeper: Henderson

DR: Chambers, if fit.

DC: Bruno (no, not Heskey Thracian!)

DC: Stearman

DL: Mattock

MR: Newton

MC: Weso

MC: Clemence

ML: Hayes

FC: Matty Fryatt

FC: Ian Hume

4-4-2 isn't going to work until we've got either two wingers or an attacking midfielder who is ABLE to play out wide. I quite liked the look of Hayes but there must be a reason Allen hardly started him at MK Dons.

And Martin Allen is going to stick with De Vries so this is the best I can come up with.

--------------------------Nielson

---Stearman----Kisnorbo----N'Gotty----Mattock

-------------------------Kishishev

-------------Clemence-----------Wesolowski

-----Hume

-----------------De Vries----DJ Campbell

Should make a decent 3 man front line going forward as long as Weso and Clemence get forward at all opportunites, Kishishev doesn't offer much threat so he stay back and protect the back four.

Neilsen (keepers always change for the cup matches)

Ka'ebi, N'Gotty, Stearman, Sheehan;

Wesolowski, Clemence, Porter,

Fryatt, DeVries, Campbell.

Subs: Kisnorbo, Hayes, Odhiambo, Beswick McKay.

Around 6.5 scorers. No-one out of position, one holding player with height, constantly attacking full-backs, good balance. Porter would have a fairly free role, Stearman would be expected to move into defensive midfield when we have the ball and the full-backs would supplement/sustain attacks with the idea of getting the ball in the box as often as possible.

Starting line-up.

Neilsen

Stearman - Kisnorbo - N'Gotty - Sheehan

Newton - Clemence - Mattock

Hume

DJ - MDV

Subs: Hendo - Kenton - Weso - Hayes - Fryatt

Rotate the goalkeepers, if only for the sake of keeping them fresh as i dont think there much (yet at least) to suggest either is better than the other.

Wasn't convinced by McAuley yesterday and Chambers is almost certainly going to be unavailable, so (if fit) I'd look to bring Kisnorbo back in and slot Stearman in on the right... left back is more problematic, Mattock did poorly yesterday but I'd like to see him pushed forward and Sheehan's good form in pre-season should mean he can cover the position.

On Saturday it seemed like we might have been trying to accommodate players in a 4 man midfield despite them not being suited to playing together... if we want to carry the game I'd make the change that MA eventually did anyway on Saturday but from the start, have a three man midfield and have players on the wings who are comfortable there (Newton and Mattock) with Clemence holding in the middle.

Up front we looked menacing with three and it'd be good to employ that from the off at Acrington... Hume can play behind the front two, getting stuck in, in midfield if needs be and generally being bussy, while DJ should be comfortable playing off MDV (who's presence should come in handy).

...not that any of this will happen of course. :yawn::whistle:

This is true.... but we can still dream ;)

Neilsen

Ka'ebi, N'Gotty, Stearman, Sheehan;

Wesolowski, Clemence, Porter,

Fryatt, DeVries, Campbell.

Subs: Kisnorbo, Hayes, Odhiambo, McKay, Mattock.

Around 6.5 scorers. No-one out of position, one holding player with height, constantly attacking full-backs, good balance. Porter would have a fairly free role, Stearman would be expected to move into defensive midfield when we have the ball and the full-backs would supplement/sustain attacks with the idea of getting the ball in the box as often as possible.

------------------Fryatt----DJ Campbell----------

I'd love to see that strike partnership in action because I have an inkling it'd be equally as effective as Hume/De Vries.

Do you mean "equally as effective" in the sense of being unable to score...?

Fryatt can hold the ball up and (theoretically) has a better finish on him than De Vries, and DJ is similar to Hume but pacier and moves better off the ball.

I think you can safely drop the "theoretically" there - I would not imagine anyone (even De Vries himself) could argue otherwise on that score. As for DJ moving better off the ball, I didn't see it on Saturday but will take your word for it.

Personally I feel as if there will be a few changes, but I woulnd't want too many as every game will count in the gelling of this relatively new team therefore I'd go:

--------------------------Nielson-----------------

---Stearman----Kisnorbo----N'Gotty---Sheehan

---Newton-----Hellings----Clemence------Hayes

Bang on what I'd have, except Nielson, who I hear isn't actually fit to keep goal.

Personally I feel as if there will be a few changes, but I woulnd't want too many as every game will count in the gelling of this relatively new team therefore I'd go:

---Newton-----Hellings----Clemence------Hayes

A few changes?? Thats 8. Would like to see the side if you made lots of changes!!

------------------neilson--------------------

---stearman-----n'gotty--------mcauley----mattock

---newton/kabia----------cleamnce------------hayes

-----------------------hume--------------------------

--------------------frayatt/JFH-------------dj

SUBS

hendo

kisa

hellings

newton/kabia

MDV

Heres my idea for a team to win tomorrow night.

Henderson

Stearman

NGotty

McCauley

Mattock

Wesolowski

Clemence

Kishishev

Hume

Campbell

De Vries

Subs

Nielson

Odhiambo

Fryatt

Sappleton

Hellings

Attack minded and positive. Hume in a free role. :cool: (Would have played chambers & hayes except for injuries)

From BBC

Leicester duo James Chambers (calf) and Jonathan Hayes (thigh) will miss out on the trip to Accrington after picking up injuries on the opening day.

Defender Richard Stearman, midfield trio Shaun Newton, Stephen Clemence and James Wesolowski and striker Mark De Vries are also all nursing knocks.

From BBC

Leicester duo James Chambers (calf) and Jonathan Hayes (thigh) will miss out on the trip to Accrington after picking up injuries on the opening day.

Defender Richard Stearman, midfield trio Shaun Newton, Stephen Clemence and James Wesolowski and striker Mark De Vries are also all nursing knocks.

Where did all theses injuries come from! I saw Hayes today he was walking fine!

---Newton-----Weso----Clemence------Hayes

:thumbup:

Archived