Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knighton Matt

No day off for the players

Apologies if this has already been posted but thought you'd like to know that MA has cancelled the players' only day off and called them in for training this morning! He's obviously not messing about!!

I think he said it in his after match interview, not sure though.

I think with a game on Tuesday this makes sense really. I'd think they will just be going over the game yesterday, not actually training.

Apologies if this has already been posted but thought you'd like to know that MA has cancelled the players' only day off and called them in for training this morning! He's obviously not messing about!!

The team does need to work on quite a bit and bringing them in today is a good thing IMO. It shows despite the mucking about and wisecracks that MA does, he means business and if you dont get the results he`ll do something about it.

Standards - don't win your games, don't get a day off. If it improves the motivation by a fraction of a perecentage whilst maintaining the players fitness then good call. I imagine it'll be more discussion based than anything, the players need time to recover after a match. We don't want a blow out before the halfway point!!

Good there paid enough, If they don't do the job they need to earn there money through doing extra training e.t.c...

Simple if they win or play well they can get treated, get some bonuses prehaps, get a day off, e.t.c, If they lose and lose due to playing shite then i'm sorry but they have to understand they have to pay for it - Docked wages, no bonuses, no day off e.t.c.

Standards - don't win your games, don't get a day off. If it improves the motivation by a fraction of a perecentage whilst maintaining the players fitness then good call. I imagine it'll be more discussion based than anything, the players need time to recover after a match. We don't want a blow out before the halfway point!!

Yeah I agree, I imagine they will sit down and watch the video of the game together and analyse the performance.

Good idea IMO, agree with the person that says it works as an incentive to win games, while being constructive if we lose.

Interesting. Not sure of the benefits because the players will be mentally and physically tired and probably not at their most receptive. But MA might feel he wants to put some important points across quickly and seeing they're facing a long trip to Accrington, he might feel it's best done now.

Interesting. Not sure of the benefits because the players will be mentally and physically tired and probably not at their most receptive. But MA might feel he wants to put some important points across quickly and seeing they're facing a long trip to Accrington, he might feel it's best done now.

Footballers cant be mentally or physically tired in the modern day when training is finished by 2pm! I think the honeymoon period is already over and the lads who have come to the club need to realise that they need to sharpen up if we are to fulfill our potential and getting them in whilst the mind is still fresh from yesterdays game is a decent thing.

my heart bleeds for them......poor mites :S

Personally speaking,i think the loss on saturday will have a benefit in the long run,as any ideas of just turning up to beat any old team,will be gone well out of the window.

Any extra training sessions can only be beneficial,whether it is physical training or just analysing what happend on saturday.

I'm the only one that thinks this is bollocks then lol.

We've got another game on Tuesday FFS whats the point in totally knackering them out because they lost a game. Sorry Martin you picked the team mate, you played players out of position, your the one who didn't sign a creative midfielder or a left back leaving us stuck with with a youngster (who's confidence everyone in the ground seemed to want to ruin on Saturday) and no plan B. I could understand if we were really shit and had lost 3-0 but we weren't that bad!

If this was true I hope it was to go over the game and not run around the pitch 50 times.

We've got another game on Tuesday FFS whats the point in totally knackering them out because they lost a game. Sorry Martin you picked the team mate, you played players out of position, your the one who didn't sign a creative midfielder or a left back leaving us stuck with with a youngster (who's confidence everyone in the ground seemed to want to ruin on Saturday) and no plan B. I could understand if we were really shit and had lost 3-0 but we weren't that bad!

If this was true I hope it was to go over the game and not run around the pitch 50 times.

Well said! I would imagine it was to go through the game, this would mean they would be able to train today having gone through the game on Sunday!

Agreed!!

Cheers for the phone call btw! sorry about my slowness, had had a few pints. And was pretty dazzled by Alexs straw hate and loud sun glasses combination.

You know what Manwell, I got so drunk that night I actually thought I dreamt the phone call, but thanks for the critical analysis of the game:

The Singh slurring 'how wwwaaass the gaaaayyyymmee'

Manwell just as drunk 'they wweeeerr shit'........................

:thumbup:

Manwell: "Someone just rang me, I have no idea who it was."

Fez: "Same here."

Manwell: "But I actually answered it, had a conversation with the bloke and still don't know who it was."

Fez: "Well didn't he say who he was?"

Manwell: "I think he said his name was Steve..."

[silence]

Manwell: "Singh! It was the Singh!"

Why should they get a day off. I've been moving stuff all weekend and my back sodding hurts. Do I get a day off? Do I fu ck?

I wouldn't have lost to Blackpool either. I'd have thought about it beforehand (unlike the players) and realised the goal is to WIN.

I'd have won. And I'd be fu cking training today as well - a double shift. As a punishment for not beating them by a bigger margin.

Wan kers.

Archived