Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_fan

Manager Speaks

Good evening everyone

It was always going to be a difficult game against Accrington tonight but we are pleased with the result.

On a very wet pitch against a very well-organised team with a good manager and a good bunch of players we matched them all over the pitch, played good quality possession football, created some good opportunities and scored a good goal through young Jim Wesolowski.

In the second half we didn't play as well, didn't pass it as well as we'd have liked to and weren't as decisive, however after the defeat on Saturday at home, I thought the attitude of all the players was excellent.

Article continues

Advertisement

As a team they were committed, organised and worked hard for each other.

Our goalkeeper made some great saves, we rode our luck slightly but as we saw on Saturday that happens some times; tonight it went in our favour.

Not one of our players shirked it or didn't quite pull their weight; sometimes players can try too hard and it can sometimes be detrimental to a good performance.

That's why yesterday we just played a five-a-side World Cup, didn't do any coaching, just played football.

Then tonight with two smaller forwards on the pitch we encouraged them to play as much football on the grass as quickly as possible. In the first half we did that superbly, it was a fantastic exhibition of good defending and good passing.

In the second half it was a team performance and to get that first win, get into the next round is good for me personally - I like that feeling - and good for all the players.

But even when we win I'm still in the dressing room pointing the finger and trying to get more out of them. There is always stuff I think we can improve on.

We'll keep working, and getting at it but tonight will give them all that extra confidence ahead of Saturday's game against the leaders Crystal Palace.

I think there'll be a big Leicester army following us down there; and credit must go to all those who watched us tonight in the pouring rain. It was a fantastic show of support tonight.

I was chuffed to bits and they can all go home happy tonight.

On the injury front, Darren Kenton has damaged his ribs but we don't know how badly yet. We will assess the injury tomorrow.

Also Donald Barron, our Video Analyst, slipped on a scaffolding pole while on his way up to the gantry where he does his video work and fell about 25 feet head-first and smashed his head on a path.

He's got seven stitches across his nose and forehead and if the truth be known, he is lucky to be alive.

Donald is always in the background, doesn't say a lot but does a fantastic job analysing the games before putting together a DVD for me.

He's a great worker and great coach behind the scenes so all credit to him for standing up and being counted this evening because he's taken one hell of a knock.

Take Care

Martin

:o

Get better soon Donald. :thumbup:

lol 25 feet. Probably an exaggeration MA?! Best wished to the Don.

As for MA, its right what he says and its really about getting the job done in an away tie against a team in the lower leagues who were confident having won at wycombe on Saturday. I lost count of how many Championship clubs got turned over, some even playing at home but we are in the hat for the next round which is what counts. :thumbup:

He's been taking spin lessons from Monty Panesar.

The display in the second half (ironically, when it stopped raining and the wind had dropped) was as dire as I've seen from a City side in recent years. The only positive thing about it was we didn't concede.

We could very easily have been talking about one of the worst results in the club's history.

But we scraped a win and can move on to the next round, though we need to get into shape for the Palace and Watford games first.

lol 25 feet. Probably an exaggeration MA?! Best wished to the Don.

As for MA, its right what he says and its really about getting the job done in an away tie against a team in the lower leagues who were confident having won at wycombe on Saturday. I lost count of how many Championship clubs got turned over, some even playing at home but we are in the hat for the next round which is what counts. :thumbup:

Saw a guy in LCFC tracksuit with bandage round his head at the start. Obviously who he was.

"Also Donald Barron, our Video Analyst, slipped on a scaffolding pole while on his way up to the gantry where he does his video work and fell about 25 feet head-first and smashed his head on a path.

He's got seven stitches across his nose and forehead and if the truth be known, he is lucky to be alive."

i'D FCUKING SAY HE WAS LUCKY TO BE ALIVE AFTER A 25 FEET FALL!!! :blink::o

(sorry about the caps!)

On a very wet pitch against a very well-organised team with a good manager and a good bunch of players we matched them all over the pitch

Oh great, we matched Accrington! :P

Best wishes to Donald :thumbup:

Not if Barren was to blame.

Don't believe the influx of American-influenced litigation culture tinged adverts.

Yes but he slipped on a scaffolding pole. There never good in the wet. Health and safety! ;)

He's been taking spin lessons from Monty Panesar.

The display in the second half (ironically, when it stopped raining and the wind had dropped) was as dire as I've seen from a City side in recent years. The only positive thing about it was we didn't concede.

We could very easily have been talking about one of the worst results in the club's history.

But we scraped a win and can move on to the next round, though we need to get into shape for the Palace and Watford games first.

Really? surely not, as bad as the last three years?!

and I can't believe any one surviced a 25 feet fall, landing head first on concreate (I assume thats what the "path" was made of"

Really? surely not, as bad as the last three years?!

and I can't believe any one surviced a 25 feet fall, landing head first on concreate (I assume thats what the "path" was made of"

Maybe his underpants acted like a makeshift parachute and slowed him down a bit, reducing the impact to that of a 9 or 10 foot fall

We didn't lose.

It wasn't the worst result in the club's history.

Are you this negative at work? No wonder the NHS is in a mess.

Yes but he slipped on a scaffolding pole. There never good in the wet. Health and safety! ;)

Yeah but 'where there is blame, there is a claim' is not the case where the liability might not be someone else's!

Either way, it's very unfortunate and hopefully ASFC will be taking action to prevent recurrence...

Archived