Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Moreton

Watford Game

Everybody on the street - LFF has some BREAKING NEWS.

He shall be sitting in the Kop 4 rows from the back just to the right of the goal, as he is going to the game biatches!!!

GET INNNNNNNNNN.

Did someone say tickets for Forest, oh yes ill have me some of that aswell. Ticket Office at Citteh is the sex.

:wub:

Are you in the smaller bit where they're shoving the other 900?

Im assuming so. Only got mine today, was too excited to ask. Will tell you on saturday night after the game as im picking up my tickets at Watford.

Why you in there then?

Fairly sure, yeah. Not heard yet. Only "quite sure" that I have tickets, not certain.

So Leicester are favourites to beat Watford according to the bookies.

Here are a few examples:

Leicester City v Watford 11/8 11/5 13/8 15:00 (vc bet)

15:00 - Leicester v Watford 11/8 21/10 13/8 (william hill)

15:00 Leicester v Watford 2.37 3.30 2.62 (bet365)

It's time to get serious now, i feel this match on Saturday is a must win match and we desperately need the 3 points. I keep hearing this "o it's only early days", "give the team a chance" and i do agree with you, it is only early days and i will give the team at least 10 league games and then see where we are before i start worrying about the outcome of this season. But the fact is if we lose to Watford we will be 8 points behind them, and it will be a complete contrast if we can beat them and only be 2 points behind. The bookies think we are favourites but do you think we will win? I know i may get slated on here for saying this, but if we lose this game we are in a bit of trouble regardless to promotion. Sure it's only early days and i am trying to be positive, but after 2 home defeats if we do lose to Watford (but it think we will win), do you seriously think we can go on to win a number of matches to catch up with the play offs where we will be already lagging behind. Yes the team will get better over the season and we could end up doing what Blackpool did last season and win what was it 10 games in a row to end up getting promoted but that will be so so tough. There are many tricky games coming up and we really need to get results in our home matches. We need the win, the 3 points and the confidence boost and only be 2 points behind Watford. The games coming up include away trips to Plymouth, Charlton and Ipswitch which will be tough to get the points from.

So in summary, i will continue to get behind the team and support them whatever happens and im sure you will too, but i feel we really do need to win against Watford or our promotion chances are slim. But i will give the team a chance, but after the last 3 seasons of dire football, i just can't see Leicester winning 5 or more games on the bounce and catch up with the play off sides/ promotion sides if we do lose to Watford.

Keep the faith :thumbup:

I saw one of them at the Hinckley friendly, not sure if it was you though, hard to tell didn't look like Harry Hill.

Hah. If I see someone making a tit of themselves around people with giant collars, I'll know who to go up to. Especially if said person is Ricky Sappleton.

You ARE Ricky Sappleton, right?

The forgotton game.

Many people have forgot about this more important game and are looking at the forest game

Hopefully we get atleast a point out of this game.

Not a big attendance either. 21,000 I reckon, as I have already said, the forgotton game. Also the club keep advertising it at the bottom of forest ticket subjects. Plus they have also tried in the subject about us top of the attendance league.

You're quite right about instructions and Martin Allen referred to that at Kilworth Springs. But the point is they should get instructions on exactly what tactics to use if they go ahead or go behind.

It's about attitude. Fans don't accept sitting back and conceding either.

If defending high and denying the opposition time, space and territory exerts pressure and results in a lead, why change that tactic?

Which part of it's human nature to protect what is your, did you not get :dunno:

If you take the lead against a side similarly matched to yours, of which there are 23 in our league, you will face scenarios which force you to protect your lead. Don't give a toss if MA or Alf Ramsay say push on caution takes over unless you are 100% confident you can steamroller them, or they buckle under pressure of chasing the game.

Which part of it's human nature to protect what is your, did you not get :dunno:

If you take the lead against a side similarly matched to yours, of which there are 23 in our league, you will face scenarios which force you to protect your lead. Don't give a toss if MA or Alf Ramsay say push on caution takes over unless you are 100% confident you can steamroller them, or they buckle under pressure of chasing the game.

Perfect example of the folly of voluntarily turning off by England in the first half tonight, once they'd taken the lead.

One superb shot and one goalkeeping blunder?

You're clutching at straws.

Nothing to do with the goals it was the way we stopped pressing and passing the ball quickly.

Both goals were a disgrace as far as England were concerned.

First Shorey failing to do anything with his clearance even before the keeper's brainstorm and then how much space do you allow anyone just outside the box.

Pander could almost have smoked a cigar before shooting he had so much time.

I've disclocated my knee TWICE.

Once was a partial disclocation and i was lucky but the 2nd was a complete disclocation (playing footy :angry: )

When i looked down at the knee,the knee cap was pointing left as my leg was straight.

Thats when i started crying! :cry:

I had 6-7 weeks in plaster( a FULL leg plaster in summer is NOT nice)

followed by 2-4 months of training to build the knee area up(cycling,leg curls and leg extensions)

It really is bad news as muscular injuries are far worse than fractures.

sorry,but you are in for a hard few months

Good luck :thumbup:

The original injury was back in '94, so I'm well used to it now. It flares up every so often, but I look after it. Especially when playing Singstar. :unsure::ph34r:

I'm getting bombarded with SMS's from my Watford supporting mate.

"Two days until judgement day....We've got this player called Marlon King, he's v good you know"

"E i e i e i o up the football league we go, when we win promotion this is what we sing, we've got Marlon, we've got Marlon, we've got Marlon King."

You could send back SMS's to your Watford supporting mate with the following reply,

"We've got this player called Elvis Hammond, he's v good you know"

"E i e i e i o up the football league we go, when we win promotion this is what we sing, we've got Elvis we've got Elvis, we've got Elvis who is the King."

Archived