Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Reserves V Forest

Wonder who will be in the reserve team to face Forest? Or what sort of players will it be even, will it be anyone who didn't feature on the Saturday, first teamers or not could be picked, or will it just be those who didn't even warrant a place on the bench? I reckon it'll be Nielsen, Stearman, Mattock, McAuley, Kenton (if he's even halfway fit to give him some minutes, not sure how long his injury is), Kaebi (gotta get some game time somewhere), Hayes, Kishishev, Hellings, Fryatt and Odhiambo, but maybe even that is too strong a lineup and he'll choose people further out on the fringe... hard to say really. I hope someone goes so we can get a report.

Wonder who will be in the reserve team to face Forest? Or what sort of players will it be even, will it be anyone who didn't feature on the Saturday, first teamers or not could be picked, or will it just be those who didn't even warrant a place on the bench? I reckon it'll be Nielsen, Stearman, Mattock, McAuley, Kenton (if he's even halfway fit to give him some minutes, not sure how long his injury is), Kaebi (gotta get some game time somewhere), Hayes, Kishishev, Hellings, Fryatt and Odhiambo, but maybe even that is too strong a lineup and he'll choose people further out on the fringe... hard to say really. I hope someone goes so we can get a report.

I think you're on the right lines considering both the 1st team and the Academy U18s played on saturday. You could add the likes of King & McKay.

Yeah I was thinking that which is why I didn't put Sappleton down as well. Didn't realise Sappleton qualified for the academy team, is he actually a member of the academy? Dunno whether you even have to be to play to be fair.

maybe cort will be given a run out.

I'm going. Party season's over at my house so we'll see what the ressies have to offer.

McKay/Odhiambo/Ashley Chambers if he's back, a chance to see how Lathaniel Rowe-Turner, Lee Cox and Joe Magunda are progressing and whether Ryan Beswick can start to make a senior challenge.

Andy King may play unles he's on the verge of a loan out and it will be interesting to see who plays wide right with Gradel away at Bournemouth. Kaebi seems most likely if he's fit.

I don't know why, I just have a feeling Kaebi might play some part in it :dunno:

Lets hope so.

I hope we dont overplay the academy kids though. I know they are young and should have the energy etc to play twice in 3 days but I hope we pick and choice the games to upgrade them from the academy to reserves.

Lets hope so.

I hope we dont overplay the academy kids though. I know they are young and should have the energy etc to play twice in 3 days but I hope we pick and choice the games to upgrade them from the academy to reserves.

You're right there. The fact that players like Beswick, Andy King, Magunda etc played on Saturday for the under 18s suggests that they won't start for the reserves and that's fair enough if there are first team squad members who didn't play on Saturday who need minutes under their belt. It would seem that players like the ones above are still eligible for the under 18s therefore it makes sense to save the reserve games for the senior players who missed out at Palace. That way everyone gets games.

Nielsen

Mattock

Rowe-Turner

Stearman

J. Chambers

Hayes

Hellings

Kishishev

Kaebi

Fryatt

Odhiambo

Henderson/Cisak

Maybury

A. King

Mckay

A. Chambers/Cort (if fit)

Is the sort of squad I imagine will be at Hinckley depending upon injuries.

You're right there. The fact that players like Beswick, Andy King, Magunda etc played on Saturday for the under 18s suggests that they won't start for the reserves and that's fair enough if there are first team squad members who didn't play on Saturday who need minutes under their belt. It would seem that players like the ones above are still eligible for the under 18s therefore it makes sense to save the reserve games for the senior players who missed out at Palace. That way everyone gets games.

Nielsen

Mattock

Rowe-Turner

Stearman

J. Chambers

Hayes

Hellings

Kishishev

Kaebi

Fryatt

Odhiambo

Henderson/Cisak

Maybury

A. King

Mckay

A. Chambers/Cort (if fit)

Is the sort of squad I imagine will be at Hinckley depending upon injuries.

Someone mentioned on TB that Kishishev was away with the Bulgarian squad.

I really feel Hayes and Porter could have a good contest. They are totally different players who both pose a threat and used together we could benefit from both being able to play at a higher tempo for a shorter period of time. Assuming Hayes is not injury prone.

The right side worries me more. Apart form the unknown Kaebi I feel we carry no threat there at all.

Archived