Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lets Be having You

Carl Cort

No use mentioning Hammond on here ... haven't you heard...

Although one or two of his once loyal subjects appear unusually quiet these days ..........Fryatt is king. :thumbup:

Fryatt is king. One day you will see this whether is be at Leicester or not.

No use mentioning Hammond on here ... haven't you heard...

Although one or two of his once loyal subjects appear unusually quiet these days ..........Fryatt is king. :thumbup:

You'll be pleased to know Thrac, that the reason Hammond hasn't featured is because he's actually injured and not necessarily because Allen know's he's an utter shit box. So the dream is still alive for you. ;)

You'll be pleased to know Thrac, that the reason Hammond hasn't featured is because he's actually injured and not necessarily because Allen know's he's an utter shit box. So the dream is still alive for you. ;)

Please let him be suffering a broken neck :littleprayingsmiliethingrequired:

Yes, I referred to his injury the other day but it happened a long time ago and any update seems slow in coming.

Only comments I've heard - at Kilworth and shortly after - MA spoke well of Hammond.

My stance on Hammond was that he'd do better than some we've got, particularly off the bench because of his pace and attitude.

I still stand by that.

Yes, I referred to his injury the other day but it happened a long time ago and any update seems slow in coming.

Only comments I've heard - at Kilworth and shortly after - MA spoke well of Hammond.

My stance on Hammond was that he'd do better than some we've got, particularly off the bench because of his pace and attitude.

I still stand by that.

:frusty::yawn:

If only we could turn Elvis into a winger, his pace would be deadly if he could cross.

Yeah I agree. I can picture him now, turning on a six-pence on his own half way line, trying to dribble down the wing but his touch eludes him as it bounces off his shin and goes about 20 yards forward but fear not, his amazing pace gets him there in front of the opposing defender, he doesn't bother looking up as he knows where his strikers are and whips in a delightful cross that goes into row K to the delight of the away fans. Not to worry, he`ll get them next time. :|

I still stand by that.

One of the news sites that reports team news has said that Hammond is still out injured with an ankle injury.

I still stand by that.

That is why less and less people are taking you seriously these days.

What did he do, trip over his boot lace on one of his outstanding pacey runs! :teehee:

think you missed a bit off the end..

What did he do, trip over his boot lace on one of his outstanding pacey runs only to discover yet again he was miles offside

think you missed a bit off the end..

What did he do, trip over his boot lace on one of his outstanding pacey runs only to discover yet again he was miles offside

Errrrr, anyone know the offside rule. :P

Could you please send a copy to all league referees and their assistants.

Oh! and Elvis.

Fryatt is king. One day you will see this whether is be at Leicester or not.

I'm more than happy to indulge and humour the thought.

I've even tried this summer to embrace it.

But though he might be fitter, he's still the same old Fryatt.

His shortcomings don't matter anymore. They've been listed often enough and it would give me no pleasure to repeat them.

Perhaps, just perhaps, he might succeed somewhere else.

But not here.

With our club he just doesn't seem to want it enough.

And not elsewhere unless he changes. In more ways than one.

When did you last see a fit Carl Cort?

During his recent three year spell at Wolverhampton he scored 31 goals in 94 games. In fairness, his average of 30 games a season is a vast improvement on the previous 4 years at Newcastle where he only made 22 appearances, and where he gained his sicknote reputation. Incidentally, he scored 7 goals in those 22 games.

During his recent three year spell at Wolverhampton he scored 31 goals in 94 games. In fairness, his average of 30 games a season is a vast improvement on the previous 4 years at Newcastle where he only made 22 appearances, and where he gained his sicknote reputation. Incidentally, he scored 7 goals in those 22 games.

So what you are saying is he averages 1 in 3 approx?

That is why less and less people are taking you seriously these days.

Take no notice of the propaganda my friend. I'm not trying to win a popularity contest anyway.

But when it comes to judging footballers and picking footballers for a team, while we all make mistakes, I'd be more than happy to have Hammond ahead of Fryatt anytime and, in some situations, ahead of DeVries and Odhiambo.

Archived