Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFox07

De vries

Im not a fan of MDV, however 2nd half today he played well. But my doubts are still there with him though. Needs a few more 2nd half performances like today before ill start saying he is the answer. For me, he still isnt mobile enough or good enough in the air. Where he is good though is when the ball gets played into him at chest height or below, it normally sticks and he can then bring other people into the game.

As good as he was today, he was as poor at Palace. This thread is a typical football fan kneejerk reaction. The geezer who started this thread probably cheered last Saturday when he realised DeVries had been subbed. How anyone can say he has proven all the doubters wrong after one good 2nd half is crazy !

In MDV defence, he played well against Blackpool too. He has done enough to be given the respect by his own fans to not call him shite on matchdays at the very least. Im not suggesting that he`ll score 20 goals this season and fire us to the Premiership but hopefully he`ll be a good squad player and has given MA some much needed options up front. At least pat him on the back when he does the business!

At least pat him on the back when he does the business!

Even if he sores a hat trick people will still hammer him!

He's in a no win situation here.

People who don't like him will never like him,which i find sad really.

He doesn't give up,even though he knows he is getting stick!

The way he applauded Hume's goal which was right in front of us inL1 showed how much he cares and he made a point of pointing out Hume to the crowd, as if to say Hume is the man.

I for one am very happy for the big man for netting that goal at the end. :clap:

He deserved it and atleast he is showing a good attitude after being made the scapegoat for the past!

Top talent? Erm no.

I tell you what, the Scottish national team would give England a good game at the moment.

When did i say england where great ? All of scotlands best players (and there's not alot of them btw) play in england. We just get the crappy celtic/rangers youngsters who play in front away crowds of 7,000. Scottish football is a micky mouse league. Scotland are alright as a national team but their league is worst then my spelling and grammer.

He slipped a lot more than the other players though. I mean, every time he put himself in a good position and received the ball, he slipped. He tried to take a man on, he slipped again.

But well done to him though. He was good today. The Watford defence simply could not handle him.

Bollox...he's still a donkey,can't jump no first touch and crap on the floor,sure he scored today...but put someone in a postion to throw enough shite at a wall and eventually some will stick....rubbish player from a time we have moved on from!

The way he applauded Hume's goal which was right in front of us inL1 showed how much he cares and he made a point of pointing out Hume to the crowd, as if to say Hume is the man.

I for one am very happy for the big man for netting that goal at the end. :clap:

He deserved it and atleast he is showing a good attitude after being made the scapegoat for the past!

I think that its important that people pat people on the back for improved effort. I can remember a few negative exchanges that I had about MDV because losing weight and coming back for me didnt mean that we should hail the return of the messiah but the fact that he has performed well on the pitch and more importantly, kept Elvis away from the ground should be applauded. BTW, was it me or did MDv seem really emotionally today with the celebrating? I think he may well be pregnant?

You and Thracian clearly share the same set of blinkers.

For the last time, I have no issue with Hume, I have an issue with the idiots who bleat on that he is some sort of world class player :blink:

Hughes suffers from exactly the same prejudice de Vries has, whether you want to admit it or not he has talent, it never shone fully here but when he goes he'll achieve more in his career than some of the 'idols' we currently have. In fact he has already achieved more than some here.

As for de Vries his goalscoring record is fine, we create chances when he is in the side and he was never as bad as people made out. He was an easy scapegoat as he was about 70% fit when he arrived. So far this season he has played well in 2 out of 3 games, 66%, and scored exactly the same amount as Hume. Yet he is not good enough.

Bollocks. On numerous occassions you have said he is no better than league 1 standard.

I'm not denying that neither of them have talent, they may be talented in the SPL but Hughes particularly isnt good enough (or simply doesnt want to be) good enough for this standard of football.

deVries scoring record IS fine - for a bottom half Chapionship team, which we are striving not to be now. When he first came, i was one of his biggest backers, but he let himself down.

The difference between hume and de Vries is that they are totally different players, neither goalscorers, both have their different qualities. Huem is tricky, pacy and skilful, whereas deVries is good at holding it up, pretty strong etc..

The thing is in the Championship, the defenders have been there and done the big/strong thing before, they're all 6ft plus built like brick shit houses, but struggle with pace and thats how you can hurt teams in this division.

I just don think he offers enough.

In MDV defence, he played well against Blackpool too. He has done enough to be given the respect by his own fans to not call him shite on matchdays at the very least. Im not suggesting that he`ll score 20 goals this season and fire us to the Premiership but hopefully he`ll be a good squad player and has given MA some much needed options up front. At least pat him on the back when he does the business!

He was shite on matchday! :whistle:

BTW, was it me or did MDv seem really emotionally today with the celebrating? I think he may well be pregnant?

Apparently he was tearful after he scored.

Probably couldn't believe he did :rolleyes::D

When did i say england where great ? All of scotlands best players (and there's not alot of them btw) play in england. We just get the crappy celtic/rangers youngsters who play in front away crowds of 7,000. Scottish football is a micky mouse league. Scotland are alright as a national team but their league is worst then my spelling and grammer.

And England are supposed to be a top football nation. Aside from the fact that I live in England,It really doesn't matter who I compared them to, I merely questioned your statement that Scottish football is 'cack'.

There is no room for sympathy in football im afraid. I want him to do well, because as you have pointed out he has a great attitude and has kept on going despite all the critisism in the past etc. However I still have my doubts about his ability as a footballer, and one good 2nd half performance isnt going to eradicate those doubts.

And England are supposed to be a top football nation. Aside from the fact that I live in England,It really doesn't matter who I compared them to, I merely questioned your statement that Scottish football is 'cack'.

The Premiership is one of the best leagues in the world not saying it isn't. The England national side are not though. Last time they won anything ? Last time they got to a semi final ? England are not a great side in world football just our league is the best. Scottish football = cack.

There is no room for sympathy in football im afraid. I want him to do well, because as you have pointed out he has a great attitude and has kept on going despite all the critisism in the past etc. However I still have my doubts about his ability as a footballer, and one good 2nd half performance isnt going to eradicate those doubts.

I agree and if or when he actually puts in that sort of performanc, I doubt I will still be convinced!

Honest I'm afraid sorry! :dunno:

lol

All players have shite days but touch wood, so far this season MDv has more better days than worse. Dont get me wrong, if he has a few performances like he did at palace I`d want him dropped for someone else but if he is performing well and we are winning, I say keep the lad in.

The Premiership is one of the best leagues in the world not saying it isn't. The England national side are not though. Last time they won anything ? Last time they got to a semi final ? England are not a great side in world football just our league is the best. Scottish football = cack.

We obviously disagree on what is meant by 'Scottish football', surely their national side represent Scottish football?

And on the subject of England, there is absolute world class talent and I'm talking top titties, yet it is proven time and again that they are mismanaged, overpaid and unmotivated. They don't play as a team, and are shown up by teams like Germany, who do so much better with less talent and do consistently well in tournaments.

England have always had the good players just never worked as a team and to be consider great you have to win tournaments at the end of the day. I think scotland national team have improved because their players are playing in a top league with world class players. If they where playing in the scottish league be another story.

D- (you'll be familiar with that grade)

Feel kinda sorry for the bloke how when he does something wrong everyones on his back yet when he does something right he doesn't get the praise he derserves but took his goal very well and and few nice touches :thumbup:

Feel kinda sorry for the bloke how when he does something wrong everyones on his back yet when he does something right he doesn't get the praise he derserves but took his goal very well and and few nice touches :thumbup:

MDV tore the Watford defence to shreds yesterday. How many of us would have believed we'd put four past them?

If he plays like that against Forest, NOBODY on here should slag him off!

I cannot believe how anyone can be critical of De Vries' performance yesterday. The man was immense. He ran his bollocks off yesterday and if Campbell had been on his toes and less lightweight City could have won with even more in hand. De Vries is De Vries. Of course he has his limitations - just like everybody else. For heavens sake stop criticising him because he's not Thierry Henry.

I cannot believe how anyone can be critical of De Vries' performance yesterday. The man was immense. He ran his bollocks off yesterday and if Campbell had been on his toes and less lightweight City could have won with even more in hand. De Vries is De Vries. Of course he has his limitations - just like everybody else. For heavens sake stop criticising him because he's not Thierry Henry.

Agreed - credit it where it's due MdV was immense and should only be praised for sticking with it despite some obvious limitations

You and Thracian clearly share the same set of blinkers.

For the last time, I have no issue with Hume, I have an issue with the idiots who bleat on that he is some sort of world class player :blink:

Hughes suffers from exactly the same prejudice de Vries has, whether you want to admit it or not he has talent, it never shone fully here but when he goes he'll achieve more in his career than some of the 'idols' we currently have. In fact he has already achieved more than some here.

As for de Vries his goalscoring record is fine, we create chances when he is in the side and he was never as bad as people made out. He was an easy scapegoat as he was about 70% fit when he arrived. So far this season he has played well in 2 out of 3 games, 66%, and scored exactly the same amount as Hume. Yet he is not good enough.

Very good post. Agree with all that and you're right about Hughes. He's bombed at Leicester and needs to move on but the lad clearly had some talent when he arrived and has definitely been scapegoated.

And anyone still moaning about MDV after the effort he has put in and his start to season - grow up.

Archived