Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFox07

De vries

What this one?

:D

He does look awesome there.

As I said earlier in this thread he was not bad yesterday credit where credits due, and hopefully he keeps it up, or prehaps even get better, whenever I have slagged De Vries of which i'm not gonna deny I have I have always said i'll be happy to eat my words and be more than happy if he proves me wrong, the doubt I have about him is his inconsistancy, Everyone has bad games I can understand that but with De Vries it goes more than just the odd bad game, has has more than his fair share of them, but hopefully he can build on yesterday and keep it up.

As for the video he looked awesome playing there, as I have also said in this thread Scottish football = The equvilent of our conference, and I can't see him coming back to the form in the video playing in the Championship, hopefully he can though!

Id like the Doubters to give this man some credit, i have said time and time again this guy is an asset to us in this division and if i do remember rightly i read on a match report he had a great game.

If we want to get out of this division, we need a goalscoring centre forward...HE IS NOT IT!!!

We need a quality guy who is going to get 17-20 goal in this division...HE IS NOT IT!!!

END OF STORY!

If we want to get out of this division, we need a goalscoring centre forward...HE IS NOT IT!!!

We need a quality guy who is going to get 17-20 goal in this division...HE IS NOT IT!!!

END OF STORY!

I agree that I struggle to see how he will get 20+ goals this season on what has been shown from former seasons but he has scored once this season, had a few chances including hitting the woodwork so who knows, maybe he can get enough goals as a squad player (say 10-15) to warrant a place within the 16.

No, but in Hume, Campbell and Cort we have players who can score goals, and in DeVries we have a player who can cause the opposition problems and help create chances for those 3 with his rather good hold-up play, even if he's not great in the air, and he's capable of double figures. From what I've seen so far of him this season he's been very good at a specific role and to complain simply because that role isn't entirely about goals, is well, stupid.

i believe he still has something to offer us i don't agree with some people saying we should give him a clean slate & all that because he's been living off us for two years now so we owe him nothing but if he's decided to start paying us back then im happy for him to try & prove himself

No, but in Hume, Campbell and Cort we have players who can score goals, and in DeVries we have a player who can cause the opposition problems and help create chances for those 3 with his rather good hold-up play, even if he's not great in the air, and he's capable of double figures. From what I've seen so far of him this season he's been very good at a specific role and to complain simply because that role isn't entirely about goals, is well, stupid.

That role worked really well because Hume managed to drop behind the strikers and play on the right. Im not sure that this system would work away from home and Im not convinced that MA will play what is in effect 3 strikers away from home. One thing that helps the system is the emerging Weso and Clem partnership in the middle of the pitch. That may allow Hume in as non-conventional right-mid but its risky. If we do play the lot of them then we have some exciting times ahead with goals going in with regularity at either end.

Just because he is fairly tall, doesn't mean he is good at headers

One of the best headers of the ball I've seen is David Speedie, and he was smaller than me!

Having said that, another one was Walshie ( :worship: ), and he was considerably taller than me. :doh:

Without him, we wouldn't have won yesterday. And that's a brave statement.

I agree with you, fellow wee one.

Having watched the highlights again...he got an assist for DJ's goal, he had the last touch on Sheehan's freekick (and certainly helped it in) and he got a good goal himself.

Heavily involved in 3 of our goals - people who say he is a waste of space should look at what he has done for us this season rather than how he was under Levein.

Guest lcfc80
Id like the Doubters to give this man some credit, i have said time and time again this guy is an asset to us in this division and if i do remember rightly i read on a match report he had a great game.

i've seen him play too many shit games for him to ever win me over :angry:

i've seen him play too many shit games for him to ever win me over :angry:

That is such an idiotic position to take.

Hughes (for me) is a waste of a shirt...but if he got picked and if he played well I would happily say 'well done him'.

People make mistakes - deal with it and look to the future.

Guest lcfc80

he hasn't got 15-20 goals in him. 1 good game against watford and your all tossing off over him. face it he's shit

he hasn't got 15-20 goals in him. 1 good game against watford and your all tossing off over him. face it he's shit

I've read some stupid things on this site before from idiotic narrow-minded posters, but that tops it.

He deserves a chance, this is a new season and so far he has done ok, he was poor against Palace, but he put on a real show on Saturday, getting involved with 3 of the goals, scoring one.

He looked happy and willing to try his best for our club. We all know he can't head, but so what, he has decent close control, and when he receives the ball to feet he more often than not provides a decent lay off.

He proved a real handful to two of the divisions better defenders, and I for one wouldn't mind see him push for a starting place every week, even when Cort is fit :rolleyes:

Guest lcfc80
Bollocks. He scored 8 in half a season before he went out on loan, so why couldn't he get 12-15? I said 12-15, not 15-20.

we'll see then at the end of the season. but i have watched him play many times and the only 2 good dames came both in the FA cup, Spurs home and Charlton away

we'll see then at the end of the season. but i have watched him play many times and the only 2 good dames came both in the FA cup, Spurs home and Charlton away

Didn't go on Saturday then, he was pretty decent against Blackpool too, he's played 2.5 games and scored a goal, dont think we can complain about that.

Guest lcfc80
I've read some stupid things on this site before from idiotic narrow-minded posters, but that tops it.

He deserves a chance, this is a new season and so far he has done ok, he was poor against Palace, but he put on a real show on Saturday, getting involved with 3 of the goals, scoring one.

He looked happy and willing to try his best for our club. We all know he can't head, but so what, he has decent close control, and when he receives the ball to feet he more often than not provides a decent lay off.

He proved a real handful to two of the divisions better defenders, and I for one wouldn't mind see him push for a starting place every week, even when Cort is fit :rolleyes:

grow up pal, he's played one good game, even you admitted he was shit against Palace, and what about the Blackpool game? shit again. he's had long enough at this club to prove he can do but hasn't. What if he doesn't do it this year? give him another season? I bet you were one that thought Akinbiyi would come good in the end

Quick question to anyone who's ever booed MDV - do you think he doesn't give 100%? Anyone who boos players on account of their ability is an absolute moron. 100 times more so if you're still booing him next time his name is read out before a game - after he's given Danny Shittu the runaround all afternoon and helped us beat a team of Watford's calibre by three goals.

Archived