Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFox07

De vries

Quite clearly he is good enough, but you can't bring yourself to admit it can you?

He is not good enough, simple as that.

You are one of the advocates of this Hume tries hard but is League 1 standard. I think you should be looking a bit closer to home.

Besides, how can i take you seriously, you think Stephen Hughes is a good player. Your opinion of deVries is based on his past efforts for Hearts clearly (because he's done bugger all here), another player who has came down from the Scottish Leagues who you would back to the hilt obviously because of where you come from.

Sorry Barton but as much as i like deVries and he does try hard and work his balls off blah blah blah, he'll never be good enough. Simple as.

Theres much much better out there readily available.

People really need to start looking at present performances rather than past performances

Hume makes a really bad error everyone says unlucky

MDV doesn't win a header for a 50/50 ball its ****ING CRAP, GET HIM OFF, HE AINT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT

33% of Leicester City Fans are a disgrace

Football players are humans, i now firmly believe MDV was mistreated in the past, especially when unfit, and had no motivation. Martin Allen has come, MDV is almost back to his best, all due to CONFIDENCE

I must admit my stance on MDV was not about ability, but the fact that he was a bit of a porker for so long and spent too much time away from the club on loan. Yes I know that much of that may have not been his doing but all being said, MDV has shown enough this season to justify a place in teh squad. Today he showed some lovely touches and held the ball up well but we also saw the worst of him with his positioning and lack of self-belief. I had the misfortune of sitting next to some pricks who were slagging him off and couldnt help but to tell them to shut the fook up and we could have easily had a rumble as the chat was getting silly. He has done well and deserves the plaudits so get off his back, especially those who cant help but moan in the ground.

I notice there is quite a lot of MDV support on here. Presumably the doubters post elsewhere, or aren't clever enough to turn the computer on. Is it me or do all the hecklers (particularly in the ground) tend to be morons?

I love it that he cried.

I WAS a doubter.

First half he wasn't really too good and was the de vries i have my doubts about.

Second half he was a whole different player! I'd go as far as saying a very good player aswell! Took his goal very well, He showed strength, determination and composure. You cannot take that away from him. I think ( and i must admit i didn't before ) De vries can be a very useful player for Leicester City. He was a constant handful and when he wasn't holding the ball up, He was draggiing defenders wide to make space for others to shoot i.e the clemence shot that rattled the bar.

He isn't the neatest of players with his touch i know, but while he's making a pain of himself in and around the opposition, i really don't mind at all.

I felt so good for him when he scored. I think he had a bit of an emotional moment? Maybe even cried? I'm not sure but i'm so happy for the lad.

Well done big man, I didn't think you had it in you! :clap:

He was poor first half, Second half worked his socks off and score a very good goal. Still though lets go back to last week ... Everyone was saying he was crap and never got in the game. I think people are going over board though with the praise though and people saying people who slag him off are morons ?! Get you're season highlights of 2005/06 out please.

He's got to have been taken off the transfer list now?

He's started all 3 league games so far.

And Fryatts nowhere to be seen! I think he`ll be taken off the list now but MDV must keep his focus and make sure he adds some goals to his allround game as he is a striker. Lets hope todays is the first of many this season.

And Fryatts nowhere to be seen! I think he`ll be taken off the list now but MDV must keep his focus and make sure he adds some goals to his allround game as he is a striker. Lets hope todays is the first of many this season.

Wasn't fryatt last seen eating in sainsbury's ?

Almost brought a tear to my eye today. At one point, de Vries was so cocky he was taking the piss while Watford just stood and watched.

You could see how much it meant to him too although he was probably just knackered lol.

It will take a hard man to find fault with Marks heroics today but I still think we should buy someone better.

Almost brought a tear to my eye today. At one point, de Vries was so cocky he was taking the piss while Watford just stood and watched.

You could see how much it meant to him too although he was probably just knackered lol .

It will take a hard man to find fault with Marks heroics today but I still think we should buy someone better.

But at least there should be a place in the squad for him...

His problem is his inconsistency. If he plays like this over a period of time, then I'm sure he'll win most fans over.

You could apply that to virtually every LCFC player though

While not a fan of MDV I have to admit that he had a very good performance today.

What we need now is some consistency from him.

If he performed like that nearly every week us doubters would be shut up.

Let's hope he can do this.

As much as i want to like this player, i think the credit is too much.

I really didnt see a whole lot of what he did right today, yes he works hard, almost holds it up well, but he just isnt good enough im afraid.

He worked so hard today, but he just is not good enogh as much as i want him to be.

He took his goal really well, but come on, the Watford players had gave up ffs, he just walked through them, but i was happy to see him score, he really does try that hard.

So he scores a goal and thats not enough contribution? as for walking past defender`s because they had given up? your havin a laugh! he did nothing wrong before when he was a our topgoalscorer with 8 goals, he simply got made a scapegoat for all our issue`s under levein and if Martin Allen see`s something in him who is anyone else to judge? if ur saying he`s wrong then i think it`s u with the problem.

I didn't think he was particularly great today but he gives defenders an incredibly hard time and as I said before the game, Allen wanted to match Shittu with another big lump. Holdup play really can be immense at times. Made some bizarre decisions today though, especially that little bit at the end where he took on his man about three times and steadfastly refused to use an easy option. Needs to know his limitations sometimes in terms of a lack of pace running at defenders. However, good holdup play and a fine, fine goal today and I was very pleased with his second half performance.

He is not good enough, simple as that.

You are one of the advocates of this Hume tries hard but is League 1 standard. I think you should be looking a bit closer to home.

Besides, how can i take you seriously, you think Stephen Hughes is a good player. Your opinion of deVries is based on his past efforts for Hearts clearly (because he's done bugger all here), another player who has came down from the Scottish Leagues who you would back to the hilt obviously because of where you come from.

Sorry Barton but as much as i like deVries and he does try hard and work his balls off blah blah blah, he'll never be good enough. Simple as.

Theres much much better out there readily available.

You and Thracian clearly share the same set of blinkers.

For the last time, I have no issue with Hume, I have an issue with the idiots who bleat on that he is some sort of world class player :blink:

Hughes suffers from exactly the same prejudice de Vries has, whether you want to admit it or not he has talent, it never shone fully here but when he goes he'll achieve more in his career than some of the 'idols' we currently have. In fact he has already achieved more than some here.

As for de Vries his goalscoring record is fine, we create chances when he is in the side and he was never as bad as people made out. He was an easy scapegoat as he was about 70% fit when he arrived. So far this season he has played well in 2 out of 3 games, 66%, and scored exactly the same amount as Hume. Yet he is not good enough.

i was sitting there thinking he's a tall strong guy and you expect so much more from him, he can't head, can't control, can't pass,no pace and makes the pitch look has if its an ice skating ring the amount of times he fell over. I know he's shit but in the end i appriciated the effort he put in, the hold up play which was causing mayhem in the watford defence and then his terrific finish.

You and Thracian clearly share the same set of blinkers.

For the last time, I have no issue with Hume, I have an issue with the idiots who bleat on that he is some sort of world class player :blink:

Hughes suffers from exactly the same prejudice de Vries has, whether you want to admit it or not he has talent, it never shone fully here but when he goes he'll achieve more in his career than some of the 'idols' we currently have. In fact he has already achieved more than some here.

As for de Vries his goalscoring record is fine, we create chances when he is in the side and he was never as bad as people made out. He was an easy scapegoat as he was about 70% fit when he arrived. So far this season he has played well in 2 out of 3 games, 66%, and scored exactly the same amount as Hume. Yet he is not good enough.

Hughes is too lightweight and just sums up scottish football. When Craig sweaty socks levein came down here. He brought scotland top talent along with him. just proves how cack Scottish football and the Scottish league is.

Im not a fan of MDV, however 2nd half today he played well. But my doubts are still there with him though. Needs a few more 2nd half performances like today before ill start saying he is the answer. For me, he still isnt mobile enough or good enough in the air. Where he is good though is when the ball gets played into him at chest height or below, it normally sticks and he can then bring other people into the game.

As good as he was today, he was as poor at Palace. This thread is a typical football fan kneejerk reaction. The geezer who started this thread probably cheered last Saturday when he realised DeVries had been subbed. How anyone can say he has proven all the doubters wrong after one good 2nd half is crazy !

I really can't believe some people on here.

1st half he consistently won header after header against Shittu he played some good balls and looked a handful.

2nd half he played very well was a constant threat at alevel I've not seen since his performance against spurs and his goal was a quality effort. No professional player likes to concede so to say that Watford had merely given up is pathetic.

Lets compare him to his strike partner shall we.

DJ cost over 1.5m de vries 50k

In the first hals Dj's first touch was nothing short of atrocious and he simply didn't seem bothered. Dived all over the place and ended up with a needless booking. 2nd half he was much better but would we have won 4-1 without De vries. On today's evidence no. For once he actually had a ref to give him free kicks when quite often in the past he has been unlucky not to get more.

In comparison what did Dj offer for the money spent. yes he's scored a couple of poachers goals but his all round play was nowhere near de vries today.

I'm glad though that both scored and that we won but for those still moaning about de Vries i say get off his back at the moment. From what i have seen he is trying 100% + and playing well.

Is he the best centre forward available no but at the moment he is doing as well as any other of our players.

I really can't believe some people on here.

1st half he consistently won header after header against Shittu he played some good balls and looked a handful.

2nd half he played very well was a constant threat at alevel I've not seen since his performance against spurs and his goal was a quality effort. No professional player likes to concede so to say that Watford had merely given up is pathetic.

Lets compare him to his strike partner shall we.

DJ cost over 1.5m de vries 50k

In the first hals Dj's first touch was nothing short of atrocious and he simply didn't seem bothered. Dived all over the place and ended up with a needless booking. 2nd half he was much better but would we have won 4-1 without De vries. On today's evidence no. For once he actually had a ref to give him free kicks when quite often in the past he has been unlucky not to get more.

In comparison what did Dj offer for the money spent. yes he's scored a couple of poachers goals but his all round play was nowhere near de vries today.

I'm glad though that both scored and that we won but for those still moaning about de Vries i say get off his back at the moment. From what i have seen he is trying 100% + and playing well.

Is he the best centre forward available no but at the moment he is doing as well as any other of our players.

:thumbup: I'll second that.

Hughes is too lightweight and just sums up scottish football. When Craig sweaty socks levein came down here. He brought scotland top talent along with him. just proves how cack Scottish football and the Scottish league is.

Top talent? Erm no.

I tell you what, the Scottish national team would give England a good game at the moment.

Archived