Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFox07

De vries

we'll see then at the end of the season. but i have watched him play many times and the only 2 good dames came both in the FA cup, Spurs home and Charlton away

So he has got good games in him then, but didn't show it too often under Levein & Kelly - well I guess that sums up every player on our books over that period. Quite frankly towards the end of last season I'd have happily said goodbye to them all.

But this is a new era, new chairman, new manager, new set up and probably some new fans, so let's consider every player that pulls on a city shirt to be a new player, because the actual new ones are no more certain to prove to be successful than the old ones.

Just listened to interview on World with Huuuuuuuuuuume who says that all the players are over the moon for MDV.

Interviewer starts his questions about MDV with " Mark de Vries, well he's had his knockers......." - up until this season he had, they were about 36C but his new training regime has sorted those out.

Really pleased for the bloke and long may it continue, him doing well can only be good for LCFC.

Guest lcfc80
Quick question to anyone who's ever booed MDV - do you think he doesn't give 100%? Anyone who boos players on account of their ability is an absolute moron. 100 times more so if you're still booing him next time his name is read out before a game - after he's given Danny Shittu the runaround all afternoon and helped us beat a team of Watford's calibre by three goals.

now you have made a very interesting point about him giving 100% towards the club. Although he has always tried to give 100% (which i believe most players do) on the pitch people can not argue the fact that apart from now he has never looked fit and always looked like he's carrying to much pudding. So it brings me to the question what was he doing in training in the past and how much was he looking after himself in the past because I would hint at being unfit and over weight is probably not being 100% committed to the cause

now you have made a very interesting point about him giving 100% towards the club. Although he has always tried to give 100% (which i believe most players do) on the pitch people can not argue the fact that apart from now he has never looked fit and always looked like he's carrying to much pudding. So it brings me to the question what was he doing in training in the past and how much was he looking after himself in the past because I would hint at being unfit and over weight is probably not being 100% committed to the cause

But then you could argue that NONE of our players were ever 100% fit under Kelly or Levein. :dunno:

grow up pal, he's played one good game, even you admitted he was shit against Palace, and what about the Blackpool game? shit again. he's had long enough at this club to prove he can do but hasn't. What if he doesn't do it this year? give him another season? I bet you were one that thought Akinbiyi would come good in the end

No I wasn't.

You clearly had your mind made up about DeVries before this season started.

All I am saying is he had played well, and deserves a chance.

This is nothing to do with growing up, everyone is entitled to an opinion, yours is just pathetic.

Never heard Fryatt getting booed last season. :dunno:

I get extremely pissed off with the critics of De Vries at the moment. Ok, fair enough 2 seasons ago but not now definitely.

The guy's worked his knackers off to get where he is now and it's paying dividends. His performance on Saturday for the team was superb, and long may it continue.

Even though I now see many fans of De Vries on this forum, whenever I travel to the away matches, the jury still seems to be out on him. It's all the usual "**** of De Vries" or "Oh he's shit" etc , whenever a long ball is lumped up to him and he's expected to pull off something special.

I applaud De Vries for his efforts this season, and his recent form has proved he is very useful to our team and he's deserving starts at the moment.

Guest lcfc80
No I wasn't.

You clearly had your mind made up about DeVries before this season started.

All I am saying is he had played well, and deserves a chance.

This is nothing to do with growing up, everyone is entitled to an opinion, yours is just pathetic.

if everyone is entitled to their opinion, respect mind then. I think DeVries is shit and won't turn out to be a hero

Guest lcfc80
But then you could argue that NONE of our players were ever 100% fit under Kelly or Levein. :dunno:

which others were 2 stone over weight then (Rab Douglass doesn't count :D )

if everyone is entitled to their opinion, respect mind then. I think DeVries is shit and won't turn out to be a hero

I do respect that you have an opininon, you have stated it several times........can you please not say it anymore? saying "He's shit" ad-nauseum really isn't getting the job done, is it? :)

Maybe its just coincidence he's came into abit of decent form now but maybe he has realised end of this season his career could be over...No-one has come in to take him of our hands so now he's playing for a new contract, maybe i'm just being cynical :dunno:

I don't mind, I've slagged him off in the past and IMO he has deserved slagging off we pay our money as fans we have the right to have our say and opinions, He played well on Saturday and I will eat my words and praise him for it!

Maybe its just coincidence he's came into abit of decent form now but maybe he has realised end of this season his career could be over...No-one has come in to take him of our hands so now he's playing for a new contract, maybe i'm just being cynical :dunno:

I don't mind, I've slagged him off in the past and IMO he has deserved slagging off we pay our money as fans we have the right to have our say and opinions, He played well on Saturday and I will eat my words and praise him for it!

I don't think he's that fussed about a new contract, as I understand it, assuming my memories not letting me down before he signed for us he'd planned to retire from football but Levein persuaded him to stay with it.

As for being over weight I guess he managed to get away with it successfully at Hearts, and that's not intended as a dig at Scottish football, his loss of weight was initially nothing to do with LCFC, he must have lost most of it in Holland and he didn't need to do it to earn a new contract either as he still had a year left in which he could have stayed fat, swanned around and picked up his wages.

He'd obviously decide, whist still in Holland, maybe someone there influenced him to lose weight and get fitter, this along with his training commitment obviously impressed Allen sufficiently to give him another crack which he's been pretty successful at.

Having a closed mind as a football supporter isnt very healthy, especially when you are talking about your own side! Im not sure if you get down to the games to see the lads play because if you did, your opinion of MDV would not be as blinkered as it is. As ive said before, I didn't want him in the squad at the start of the season because I thought their were better strikers out there for us but he has at times impressed enough this season to at least warrant a place within the squad and probably there is an argument there to say he hasn't done much wrong to even be dropped from the first team.

To me, even more important than MDV apparent renaissance is that in MA, we actually have a manager who doesnt give a shite about the thoughts of the fans regarding team selection or even the chairman and is a man who does it his won way. These little decisions like being big enough to play Transfer listed players or persevering with the likes of Sheehan is very impressive. Add to that his decision to bring in Fulop despite signing Nielsen and we can clearly see that we have a manager who has a good eye for a player and his judgment is at this early stage very good. Someone like PT was a decent coach but couldn't manage to sign the right players but MA is proving that he knows what he is doing at this level, something that I must admit I was unsure he would having worked in the lower leagues.

grow up pal, he's played one good game, even you admitted he was shit against Palace, and what about the Blackpool game? shit again. he's had long enough at this club to prove he can do but hasn't. What if he doesn't do it this year? give him another season? I bet you were one that thought Akinbiyi would come good in the end

lol

i actually was waiting for him to start scoring.. i thought if he got a good run of scoring nothing would stop him. lol

I don't think he's that fussed about a new contract, as I understand it, assuming my memories not letting me down before he signed for us he'd planned to retire from football but Levein persuaded him to stay with it.

As for being over weight I guess he managed to get away with it successfully at Hearts, and that's not intended as a dig at Scottish football, his loss of weight was initially nothing to do with LCFC, he must have lost most of it in Holland and he didn't need to do it to earn a new contract either as he still had a year left in which he could have stayed fat, swanned around and picked up his wages.

He'd obviously decide, whist still in Holland, maybe someone there influenced him to lose weight and get fitter, this along with his training commitment obviously impressed Allen sufficiently to give him another crack which he's been pretty successful at.

Fair enough then, Fair play to the lad!

can everyone please stop being so extreme?! this is getting so annoying. he's often been poor for us in the past, but if you judge every player by their last game then there's reason to be optimistic. i personally don't think he'll maintain saturdays performance but i'm excited about the realistic prospect of being proved wrong. lets leave it at that. please!!!

we paid over £1million for Trev and twice as much in wages per week yet he is a Leicester Legend who spent more time on his ar5e in a game than DeVries did on saturday

I'm confused where is the line drawn from being...

Shite and a Legend!!

to

Shite and singled out for abuse!!

for the period a player is giving 100% and has the heart and desire to play for this club they will always get my full support!!

That's wrong actually. If you read the match programme, De Vries is scared that if he doesn't get a new contract he'll have to play at a lower level, so he's working as hard as he can to get a new deal.

Hume 3.5 games and one goal - all round hero

de Vries 2.5 games (and a few minutes as a sub) and one goal - hideous donkey who beasted everyone's mother during his exile from the Club last season.

Leicester City fans are so knowledgable about the game it makes every Saturday during the season so enjoyable.

That's wrong actually. If you read the match programme, De Vries is scared that if he doesn't get a new contract he'll have to play at a lower level, so he's working as hard as he can to get a new deal.

Well he's hardly going to say he doesn't give a damn as it's such easy money, but that's not what I said either - I'm sure he would survive.

he : 1) obviously wants to play for the shirt

2) has worked hard in the pre-season and has become a determined player

3) scored a good goal on saturday

but is: 1) so slow he almost goes backwards

2) terrible in the air - despite his height

3) really lacking in quality and is probably better suited to the lower leagues

he's doing a decent enough job now but I think he'll struggle to get in the team when Cort returns, plus I suspect that MA may be play him up until the transfer window to see if any clubs might be interested

I don't mind what he's playing for to be honest, as long as he keeps putting the effort in.

If he keeps this up for a prolonged period there's no reason why he wouldn't deserve a extension (assuming he's got a year left :unsure:)

:thumbup:

Archived