Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFox07

De vries

In the program he said that he played better when the ball was played to his chest and feet and it certainly showed in the second half yesterday. First half every ball was to his head, second half the majority were but he did well with the ones to his chest and feet :)

Very good post. Agree with all that and you're right about Hughes. He's bombed at Leicester and needs to move on but the lad clearly had some talent when he arrived and has definitely been scapegoated.

And anyone still moaning about MDV after the effort he has put in and his start to season - grow up.

Meant to say, agree with all of that appart from the none too subtle dig at Thracian. What's the point?

people on here change their minds so quickly. fair ply on him if he played well yesterday (i was dragged to Southampton - Stoke by my dad), but how can he have turned from crap to awesome in 90 minutes??! i don't really rate him, he's inconsistent at best and i don't think a 30 year old is gonna change much at this stage of his carreer. however, i'll applaud him as i do everyone else and would love it if he scores 15 ish this season. that would be brilliant. what annoys me is how people compensate for his doubters by claiming that he's brilliant, as if to even things out. can't we all just agree that he's occasionally good and talk about something else? (not sheehan)

MDV's reaction when he scored, to me, is perfectly understandable. That was for every single moron who has booed him, called him etc.

As for those who can't bring themselves to begrudgingly praise him; headers? He seemed to be winning quite a few against Shittu, even in his 'poorer' first half.

Didn't any of you notice in the first half an incident where he jumped up, brought the ball down, laid it off to Clemence, who was able to play it out wide, etc? Superb bit of skill from a so-called donkey.

I hope he goes on to prove all of the doubters wrong. Seriously.

Almost everyone slipped at one point so i'm thinking theres a problem with the pitch.

Longer studs. :thumbup:

He did ok yesterday I thought, the service to him was a lot better than it usually was as people have said.

I'm glad Allen played him because with Hume and Campbell upfront we would of more than likely got bullied of the pitch by Shittu, much like QPR last season (or season before?).

Fact is, he does one bad pass and it's "fooking hell De Vries, get him off, he's crap, bring Fryatt on" etc - anyone else and all you get is a bit of a groan.

Just because he is fairly tall, doesn't mean he is good at headers and we all know he isn't...it's like assuming all people over 6"8 are great at basketball!

Having just watched goals on sunday, an amazing goal by de vries very good control ans finish, he deserves to be in the team for adding something different, and the 3 strikers playing and all scoring does nothing but help, even if it is for one season, he could be like a brian deane like target with hume and dj as te targets, we offer different types of strikers and I think the defenders just couldnt cope, against the bigger teams we have seen de vries play at his best, its just against lower opposition if he can do it, he could be a big asset, he scored 9-10 goals before he was shipped out on loan in a bad team, lets see what happens MA doesnt seem like a mug to keep playing him, he must be doing something right and good for the lad!

It's a bit weird watching De Vries at times, like slow motion, almost mesmorising.

It was hilarious right at the end when he was attacking from the left side cutting in towards goal, he was running at a Watford defender (I think it was Demerit) and the defender was just backing off and backing off, even though de Vries was barely moving. I think that was the bit where he then tried to score one of the goals of the century by dribbling round three of their players by the byline. Would have been intensely frustrating if we hadn't have been 3 or 4 nil up.

I was pleased for de Vries that he got a goal yesterday but I still think a fit Carl Cort will bring much more to the team than MDV can. Top marks for managing to work his way back into MA'a plans though, even if he was the only real option to play the 'big-man' role. Can't see us challenging for promotion with de Vries starting every week.

MDV in short is good at holding the ball up & some nice play which does produce the odd goal! WOW

Unfortunately for poor old Marky boy I believe he will get found out by the management that "Surinam men can't jump" :cool: and that he cannot deserve to be a first choice player or even one who deserves a shirt until he can be that aerial presence which Allen wants.

He just is not good enough :thumbup:

I still don't think he won a header and it actually reached a player..

He didn't need to, the muscle he was putting about was unreal and what he does so well is bring it down, holds it up then lays it off.

Without him, we wouldn't have won yesterday. And that's a brave statement.

Fact is, he does one bad pass and it's "fooking hell De Vries, get him off, he's crap, bring Fryatt on" etc - anyone else and all you get is a bit of a groan.

One of the things that still annoys me is the blind faith some City fans still have in Fryatt... i just dont see what he's done to deserve such loyalty nor do i see what MDV did deserve such grief, I'm not saying Fryatt is useless (but I'd sell him in a flash) or that MDV is the complete footballer (though I think he's handy), but some perspective would be nice... still it's the same when Lampard plays for England! :rolleyes:

Well you weren't watching!

Why do people assume the because MDV is 6ft + he needs to be a genius at heading, give him the ball at his chest or feet and he'll do the business. Campbell isn't particularly tall but we accept him as a good striker even though he hardly ever if ever heads the ball.

If the team kept lobbing high balls up to DJ you'd slag them off well the same should apply to MDV. If he's getting to many high balls it's not his fault.

That's not to say he's perfect but then neither is any player in our team that's why they play for LCFC.

It was hilarious right at the end when he was attacking from the left side cutting in towards goal, he was running at a Watford defender (I think it was Demerit) and the defender was just backing off and backing off, even though de Vries was barely moving. I think that was the bit where he then tried to score one of the goals of the century by dribbling round three of their players by the byline. Would have been intensely frustrating if we hadn't have been 3 or 4 nil up.

It was hilarious, i actually had tears in my eyes.

Pathetic.

Were you actually at the game.

He won several headers which reached our own players.

Perhaps when they didn't it may have been because his striking partner who cost us 1.5m had a first half of such ineptidude poor touch lack of effort movement and poor anticipation and reading of the game that if he had been de vries would have been rightly castigated for his woeful performance by people on this forum.

De Vries played well yesterday and as much as it obviously pains some on here to admit this I would politely suggest that they start to judge each player on a game by game basis or go away and support a team like chelsea or Man utd where the calibre of player may be more to their liking.

His problem is if he does what he did at Palace last week then he'll never win them over.

But people are going to have bad games.

One of the great gifts Martin Allen seems to possess is the ability to look a players strengths and then play to them.

I've mentioned previously that I don't think it's realistic to expect anyone to have more than 7 good games out of 10.

Hopefully the remaining three will be no worse than average but everyone has a 'mare sometimes and it's up to others to make up for it.

MDV has been pretty consistent since he got back in the picture, particularly given the limited attacking support he's hadbut, with three strikers and people coming through from midfield yesterday he not only held the ball up buit found he had options about what to do next and his game benefitted.

To me the whole day was like a reawakening of our club - the day we regained pride in ourselves and the kind of football we represent.

And MDV played no small part on a day when the whole team shone.

MDV in short is good at holding the ball up & some nice play which does produce the odd goal! WOW

Unfortunately for poor old Marky boy I believe he will get found out by the management that "Surinam men can't jump" :cool: and that he cannot deserve to be a first choice player or even one who deserves a shirt until he can be that aerial presence which Allen wants.

He just is not good enough :thumbup:

Why Not?

DJ fryatt elvis none of them can jump either!

Ok so he is far from excellent but at present he is the best option we have and yesterday he gave the best performance leading our line of attack since les ferdinand.

He may not be the "aerial presence" but on the evidence of this season to claim he does not deserve a shirt is nonsence.

People really need to start looking at present performances rather than past performances

Hume makes a really bad error everyone says unlucky

MDV doesn't win a header for a 50/50 ball its ****ING CRAP, GET HIM OFF, HE AINT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT

33% of Leicester City Fans are a disgrace

Football players are humans, i now firmly believe MDV was mistreated in the past, especially when unfit, and had no motivation. Martin Allen has come, MDV is almost back to his best, all due to CONFIDENCE

Interesting, back to his best... Which is.

Scoring goals for fun.

Thats what he did at Hearts.

We've never seen a fully fit fully confident Mark De Vries.

Maybe its time we did.

Yeah but remember scottish football is the equvilent of our conference level, sorry to be a "football snob" but scottish football :yawn: rubbbbish!

Yeah but remember scottish football is the equvilent of our conference level, sorry to be a "football snob" but scottish football :yawn: rubbbbish!

Indeed. An unreliable source told me, that he seen 'de Vries had scored 4 in a match. :unsure:

Archived