Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Bring Back Martin

I'm going to wind a lot of people up now by telling you all that I had a conversation last night with someone with strong connections with the club, and gave me a brief and credible insight into what had gone on with Allen. I'm going to upset you all even more by not divulging any details (although in all honesty it's not that interesting) although I think it's fair to say that the chances of Allen coming back are zero. Mandaric's admission that the appointment of Allen was a mistake pretty much sums the situation up. I liked what I saw of him, but the reality of it was that it was never going to work out, and in the fullness of time I think Mandaric will be vindicated for acting sooner rather than later

I'm going to wind a lot of people up now by telling you all that I had a conversation last night with someone with strong connections with the club, and gave me a brief and credible insight into what had gone on with Allen. I'm going to upset you all even more by not divulging any details (although in all honesty it's not that interesting) although I think it's fair to say that the chances of Allen coming back are zero. Mandaric's admission that the appointment of Allen was a mistake pretty much sums the situation up. I liked what I saw of him, but the reality of it was that it was never going to work out, and in the fullness of time I think Mandaric will be vindicated for acting sooner rather than later

Go on, give us a hint.

Go on, give us a hint.

There's not really that much to it - nothing particularly juicy or dramatic. I wasn't made aware of any straw breaking the camel's back (that's not to say there wasn't one), but it sounds like the set up didn't really work from the off and it would only be a matter of time before the situation became untenable, so although I was pretty gutted when the news originally broke, now I think the parting of the ways at that point was the right thing to happen. There's two sides to every story, of course, and what I got was very much the club's line, but I had no reason to question it.

Let's just hope the next appointment is a bit more successful

A lot of these managers out of work ......are there,cos they aint good enough.......... so if Mandaric is courting Reid/Heath then god help us, for a start he's been out of the game too long,and can only be a Mandaric puppet at best. The worst do'es not bear thinking about.

There's not really that much to it - nothing particularly juicy or dramatic. I wasn't made aware of any straw breaking the camel's back (that's not to say there wasn't one), but it sounds like the set up didn't really work from the off and it would only be a matter of time before the situation became untenable, so although I was pretty gutted when the news originally broke, now I think the parting of the ways at that point was the right thing to happen. There's two sides to every story, of course, and what I got was very much the club's line, but I had no reason to question it.

Ah but there was and it happened just before the Watford game! :ph34r:

Ah but there was and it happened just before the Watford game! :ph34r:

Do we know that, or was it just that things were coming to a head that day, and Mandaric delayed taking action until something happened later in the week? It's all conjecture innit, I think it may well have been pretty much over by that point anyway

So if there's not really much too it, tell us what you've been told, what happened, e.t.c, and who knows we already have two unproven (Pretty hard to prove the rumour's anyway tbh) so why not add a third option to the rumours.

Out of the rumour that favours Martin Allen and the rumour that favours Milan Mandaric, I think I find the rumour favouring Allen more believable. Maybe the third may sway it and make one of the other rumours more believable?! :dunno:

So if there's not really much too it, tell us what you've been told, what happened, e.t.c, and who knows we already have two unproven (Pretty hard to prove the rumour's anyway tbh) so why not add a third option to the rumours.

Out of the rumour that favours Martin Allen and the rumour that favours Milan Mandaric, I think I find the rumour favouring Allen more believable. Maybe the third may sway it and make one of the other rumours more believable?! :dunno:

A poll to determine which rumour is the most believable is what we need! :D

So if there's not really much too it, tell us what you've been told, what happened, e.t.c

I really can't, because I get a fair amount of pretty good information from time to time on stuff that I could never post, and wouldn't want to risk not being a party to in the future by shooting my mouth off about it in public. I've not posted here to be mysterious, just to add a bit of weight to the argument that people shouldn't bother clamouring for the reinstatement of Martin Allen, because it isn't going to happen and that it's a waste of effort.

And as I said before, it's not really that exciting anyway

Archived