Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Calm Down

I get laughed at as a Leicester fan on a daily basis being surrounded by these London morons so being laughed at on this one wont bother me lol. Its down to Milan to do whatever he has to in order to get some credibility for the club and more importantly, to actually calm us down because we don't deserve to be dragged through the sh** again. It always happens for one reason or another. Whether its administration, relegation battles, La Manga, takeovers, Trusts, sackings, or whatever, we seem to be dragged through it ten times more than the average side. I know all that isnt MMs fault but as I say for my reason or another we have to get the body blow and are expected to shake it off and come out fighting again. We seem to do it but there are only so many body blows one can take before he switched allegiances to Quorn. :D

That or he can't bear the man and knows that he's better for the club than Allen is. I don't think he's done it just to be a cock (well, obviously), but I'm still pissed off. I already thought the bloke was brilliant and had all my hopes for the club tied to him and now thats been ripped out I feel awful.

Probably says more about me than anything, but the guy was a diamond.

I share those feelings, I really liked Allen. But I trust Mandaric, we all bought in to this. There's no going back.

Shame there wasn't a dog around, he could have warned him.

Beaglehole can't be too bad, surely, though? He does seem to have the academy playing good football. I could see why he might attempt to change his approach and fail miserably when he gets a crack at the first team job, too.

edit: Shit thats 3k how did that happen?

Jon Rudkin is the academy manager (Beaglehole is a coach) so will probably be responsible for tactics.

I've by and large resisted the urge to post in the other threads because to be quite honest they were full of no more than rambling, melodramatic crap. I can fully understand people venting their various emotions but it's good to finally see some more reflective (as opposed to reactive) views coming out.

I was totally stunned by yesterday's decision. And at first I too was angry at Milan. There are still questions that I would like answered however it is useless talking about these because there is quite clearly more to this than meets the eye.

The bottom line is that when Milan took over this club and we duly inserted our heads into his rectum we signed up to his methods. And here, with bells on, is the first demonstration of those methods. Those same methods that gave Premiership football to Portsmouth and those same methods that I believe will bring us that same success.

It hurts in the short term because we all liked Martin, he was the first manager since O'Neill who the fans truly felt they could connect to and that's why we see the furore over these pages. But football isn't about sentiment and niceities and Milan knows that only too well. It's business nowadays whether we like it or not.

I'm still gutted but me (and everyone else on here) will get over it pretty quickly when we start knocking on the door of the league above.

I'm behind Milan 100% too.

A lapdog writes

No doubt we'll be reading plenty more where this came from in the Mockery or the Fox.

The fact is this week, this club has been dragged into the gutter in a way not seen since the poison dwarf darkened our doors. And there's only one man responsible.

There are two possible explanations as to why Allen was sacked. Either he was fired in a response to events at the City Ground - which suggests that the chairman is prone to severe emotional spasms - or the decision was taken before he even took the team there - which would be an act of exceptional deceit and betrayal even by football standards.

Most readers can decide for themselves which scenario is the more likely. What we know is that Milan Mandaric is not a fit and proper person to run ANY football club, let alone ours.

He makes even the Glazers look like beacons of integrity. At least they had the decency to pay proper price for the shares they acquired.

Previous regimes at our club at least maintained a nominal level of financial transparency, something that the present owner is highly unlikely to maintain.

The only way he can redeem himself is by attracting a manager with a proven track record.

But given the traumatic experiences of Clive Clarke, which person of any integrity will come to our club and risk their health by working with him?

I'm not going to say Mandaric out, since that's frankly a bit of a daft statement.

But I'm not going to say I'm not concerned, because I am. There are number of things that bug me about the "mutual" leaving of Allen.

Firstly, there have been signs of us playing some decent stuff under Allen this season. I'm not saying Allen was guaranteed to win user ever match, get us promoted, and be the new Martin O'Neill... but things were generally looking up. There were encouraging signs.

Secondly, there have been a numaber of players playing particularly well under Allen. The midfield combination of Clemence and Wesolowski. The rejuvination of Mark De Vries as an asset to the side. I fear what might happen to these players under a new manager. Will they be in his plans, will they be first choice, will they play as well. Impossible to say.

Thirdly, Milan doesn't have a great track record with managers. If MA was the wrong man, yes it is good that he got rid of him quickly. But what happens if the next man is the wrong man as well? How long will he be given? And the man after that? Are we going to have stability? If we chop and change, I doubt very much we're going to have much stability.

Fourthly, there's now less than 48 hours until the transfer window shuts. I doubt that's enough time for the new man, assuming that one has been lined up to bring in the players he wants to the squad. So we're going to have a manager working half a season with someone elses squad, and then in January, will no doubt want to ring the changes. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't see that leading to a stunningly succesful season.

I share those feelings, I really liked Allen. But I trust Mandaric, we all bought in to this. There's no going back.

I'm grateful to Mandaric, and accept that things have to be done his way, but by no means do I "trust" the man who employed Alain Perrin.

As Ive already said, I trust him but that doesnt give him carte blanche to take this pi$$. BTW I cant believe I have used "carte blanche" in a sentence. I think I may have been on here too long.

MM's behaviour is despicable. I'd rather have a board with integrity and commitment to its staff than one which is trigger happy and all kinds of behind the scenes crap, even though MM's got loads of money. In addition, sacking Doyle hours after he saved CC's life is absolutely disgraceful. I almost can't put into words how digusting a decision that isMM's behaviour is despicable. I'd rather have a board with integrity and commitment to its staff than one which is trigger happy and all kinds of behind the scenes crap, even though MM's got loads of money. In addition, sacking Doyle hours after he saved CC's life is absolutely disgraceful. I almost can't put into words how digusting a decision that is

I'm not going to say Mandaric out, since that's frankly a bit of a daft statement.

But I'm not going to say I'm not concerned, because I am. There are number of things that bug me about the "mutual" leaving of Allen.

Firstly, there have been signs of us playing some decent stuff under Allen this season. I'm not saying Allen was guaranteed to win user ever match, get us promoted, and be the new Martin O'Neill... but things were generally looking up. There were encouraging signs.

Secondly, there have been a numaber of players playing particularly well under Allen. The midfield combination of Clemence and Wesolowski. The rejuvination of Mark De Vries as an asset to the side. I fear what might happen to these players under a new manager. Will they be in his plans, will they be first choice, will they play as well. Impossible to say.

Thirdly, Milan doesn't have a great track record with managers. If MA was the wrong man, yes it is good that he got rid of him quickly. But what happens if the next man is the wrong man as well? How long will he be given? And the man after that? Are we going to have stability? If we chop and change, I doubt very much we're going to have much stability.

Fourthly, there's now less than 48 hours until the transfer window shuts. I doubt that's enough time for the new man, assuming that one has been lined up to bring in the players he wants to the squad. So we're going to have a manager working half a season with someone elses squad, and then in January, will no doubt want to ring the changes. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't see that leading to a stunningly succesful season.

Spot on. Couldn't agree more.

MM's behaviour is despicable. I'd rather have a board with integrity and commitment to its staff than one which is trigger happy and all kinds of behind the scenes crap, even though MM's got loads of money. In addition, sacking Doyle hours after he saved CC's life is absolutely disgraceful. I almost can't put into words how digusting a decision that isMM's behaviour is despicable. I'd rather have a board with integrity and commitment to its staff than one which is trigger happy and all kinds of behind the scenes crap, even though MM's got loads of money. In addition, sacking Doyle hours after he saved CC's life is absolutely disgraceful. I almost can't put into words how digusting a decision that is

Can i lay a turd on your face?

There are two possible explanations as to why Allen was sacked. Either he was fired in a response to events at the City Ground - which suggests that the chairman is prone to severe emotional spasms - or the decision was taken before he even took the team there - which would be an act of exceptional deceit and betrayal even by football standards.

Sorry.

Don't get this.

Why are there only 2 possible reasons?

Ever consider that something might be going on behind the scenes? A gradually eroding relationship? A big bust up? Disagreements over direction of club? Over transfer targets?

Why can it only be either a) an emotional spasm (you tw at, Ultra) or b) a web of conspiracy, deceit and portrayal (you simpleton)... ??

Why?

You're a class A tosser.

No doubt we'll be reading plenty more where this came from in the Mockery or the Fox.

The fact is this week, this club has been dragged into the gutter in a way not seen since the poison dwarf darkened our doors. And there's only one man responsible.

Most readers can decide for themselves which scenario is the more likely. What we know is that Milan Mandaric is not a fit and proper person to run ANY football club, let alone ours.

He makes even the Glazers look like beacons of integrity. At least they had the decency to pay proper price for the shares they acquired.

Previous regimes at our club at least maintained a nominal level of financial transparency, something that the present owner is highly unlikely to maintain.

The only way he can redeem himself is by attracting a manager with a proven track record.

But given the traumatic experiences of Clive Clarke, which person of any integrity will come to our club and risk their health by working with him?

Nearly an interesting read.

lol

"Dragged into the gutter"

Hilarious.

So we're going to have a manager working half a season with someone elses squad, and then in January, will no doubt want to ring the changes

Is that un-usual then in the wacky world of football management? I think not.

It might not be ideal seeing we had a fresh slate, but it's not the end of the world is it. The squad highlighted on Saturday it can compete

Sorry.

Don't get this.

Why are there only 2 possible reasons?

Ever consider that something might be going on behind the scenes? A gradually eroding relationship? A big bust up? Disagreements over direction of club? Over transfer targets?

Why can it only be either a) an emotional spasm (you tw at, Ultra) or b) a web of conspiracy, deceit and portrayal (you simpleton)... ??

Why?

You're a class A tosser.

I see the forum's resident space cadet is making his usual thoughtful and reasoned contribution to the debate.

I see the forum's resident space cadet is making his usual thoughtful and reasoned contribution to the debate.

I didn't realise that you'd made cadet level, though you were still cleaning the bogs.

Ric's right when he says that when we backed Mandaric to take this club over we should have expected this kind of thing. Milan has form for doing this kind of thing and I for one never expected an easy ride. But I was completely flummoxed to see that Allen got less match time than the useless Rob Kelly, when it was so evident he was doing at least some things right.

It now become patently evident that Milan has been thinking about this for a while (the rumours, don't seem much like rumours anymore) its just come at such a bad time. Given what morale must be like in the camp after Clive Clarke's illness the last thing the club needed was more instability and confusion.

I therefore suspect that Milan would not have done this if he had not felt he REALLY needed to.

I'm gutted that MA's gone as I really think we were going places under him, but Milan has made his decision for a reason and I'll accept that. What I would like is to have some kind of explanation, not the wishy washy crap he told sky (which we won't get) but what I damn well expect now is to get in a decent manager and for us to make a renewed stab at the play-offs.

Archived