Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Calm Down

Right then.

I've not read any of the threads, but read the titles and that's enough for me. Not having this, not one bit.

My initial reactions when I heard the news were of disbelief and I was gutted. Felt like crying, really did. But then I took the information in, had a think about it and things are becoming a lot clearer.

Milan Mandaric saved this club. He saved it because he wants to make a success of us and make himself some money and a hero along the way, not because he's been a lifelong Leicester fan and out of duty he's bought us or because he's got a vendetta against us and wants to buy us and bury us. It's his club, we were all (well 99% of us) were over the moon that he bought us out and saved us from further years of uncertainty and frustration.

We all knew it was going to be eventful, we all knew that Mandaric works in strange ways at times. We all lapped it up, even joked that managers would be coming in and going out, left, right and centre. Lots of us said we'd back Mandaric to the hilt.

He wants success, he's one of the few men in football that doesn't bury his head in the sand if he's got the wrong manager or bought the wrong player. He's pro-active not re-active. He now knows that there was a massive personality clash and that it was unlikely that him and Allen would get on well and make a success of it. So instead of fannying about, he's tackled the situation head on.

I admire the man, I might not be as ruthless as him (i've certainly underestimated him in recent weeks) but he's proven that he can get a team promoted under his ownership and keep them in the Premiership. He's not about to settle for anything less.

Just remember what the alternative of Mandaric was, that's the bottom line here. Don't try and eat the fookin cake whole here, we aren't in a position to do that right now. Some of you have short memories.

Ok, so this might be a bizarre decision. But we don't know the facts of what's happened, Martin Allen is no neglected puppy here. He's a man who stands up and fights for what he believes in. He's the sort of guy who probably has battles everyday and thinks nothing of them, but to others they'd be a mammoth scrap. Mandaric might not like that, perhaps he can't work with that. Rather him do something about it now when the seasons still only just started than be weak about it and let Allen run amok and waste a season.

He genuinely believes we can get promotion this season, fair play to him for believing that. We have an ambitious chairman, it makes a change. If he thinks we can do it and won't stop at nothing to get it, then let's fookin get behind him and enjoy this shit.

I make my stand loud and clear. I am 100% behind Milan Mandaric. I thank him for buying the club I support and for breathing some energy back in to it. There will be people pulling their hair out at the minute, but we have a guy who's a one off. A born winner. He knows when he has to pull his business head on.

This is us now, we'll be talked about up and down the country. For right reasons or wrong, but i'd rather that than be a poxy, boring, softly, softly does it club that makes no strides in English football. I can't be proud of that, it's done us no favours before.

I chose Mandaric, i'm not going back. Others should do the same.

Again like many of the others, a very good post but we need to be realistic. We don't want the uncertainty that sacking manager after manager brings and most of us thought that Milan did that in the early days but had grown up so to speak. To hire someone and then sanction over a dozen signings and to sack him after beating the leaders of the division in style is lunacy. Today he is quoted as saying that he didn't think MA could climb the mountain but the facts are that he didnt give him a chance. To reiterate, this season we should have beaten Palace away if it wasn't for a 94th min lucky ricochet and equalizer and any neutral watching the game against Blackpool will admit that we would have beaten them too. What I am saying is with a little bit of luck we would have 7 or 9 points and not 4 and thats with a newly formed team.

If we didn't have so many good things to come out of MA`s spell in charge I probably wouldnt care so much but he has revitalized MDV, shown faith in Sheehan, wasn't bothered about dropping an International player in Kishishev, his signing, for the younger Weso, played Hume on the right which worked well and all in all was finding his feet and the team was forming. All we need now is someone to come in and start playing the names like Kisha, Cort, Newton etc and take us back months.

Milan should have waited a few more weeks to see how well or badly MA was to do before making a decision because lets face it, there is little chance of a new man coming in and making any signings before the window slams shut in 36 hours or so.

Again like many of the others, a very good post but we need to be realistic. We don't want the uncertainty that sacking manager after manager brings and most of us thought that Milan did that in the early days but had grown up so to speak. To hire someone and then sanction over a dozen signings and to sack him after beating the leaders of the division in style is lunacy. Today he is quoted as saying that he didn't think MA could climb the mountain but the facts are that he didnt give him a chance. To reiterate, this season we should have beaten Palace away if it wasn't for a 94th min lucky ricochet and equalizer and any neutral watching the game against Blackpool will admit that we would have beaten them too. What I am saying is with a little bit of luck we would have 7 or 9 points and not 4 and thats with a newly formed team.

If we didn't have so many good things to come out of MA`s spell in charge I probably wouldnt care so much but he has revitalized MDV, shown faith in Sheehan, wasn't bothered about dropping an International player in Kishishev, his signing, for the younger Weso, played Hume on the right which worked well and all in all was finding his feet and the team was forming. All we need now is someone to come in and start playing the names like Kisha, Cort, Newton etc and take us back months.

Milan should have waited a few more weeks to see how well or badly MA was to do before making a decision because lets face it, there is little chance of a new man coming in and making any signings before the window slams shut in 36 hours or so.

Obviously we need the stability of a good manager, but if we don't have a good manager in the chairman's eyes, don't you think it's good that he's prepared to tackle this early on in to the tenure? How many chairman bury their heads in the sand until it's almost too late (our previous regimes)

Mandaric is holding his hands up to the mistake of appointing Allen, takes a brave man to do that to 30,000+ fans and the rest of the footballing country.

Exactly what I thought. I really expected him to get to September at least!

Obviously we need the stability of a good manager, but if we don't have a good manager in the chairman's eyes, don't you think it's good that he's prepared to tackle this early on in to the tenure? How many chairman bury their heads in the sand until it's almost too late (our previous regimes)

Mandaric is holding his hands up to the mistake of appointing Allen, takes a brave man to do that to 30,000+ fans and the rest of the footballing country.

You really think he's been sacked for being a poor manager? After Saturday? After putting together the most well-balanced team we've had in years and years and years?

No way. There's something else. Instinct says clash of egos, but I guess there could be something we don't know about gone on.

You really think he's been sacked for being a poor manager? After Saturday? After putting together the most well-balanced team we've had in years and years and years?

No way. There's something else. Instinct says clash of egos, but I guess there could be something we don't know about gone on.

Something hasn't been right behind the scenes for a while.

Both characters' relative silence has been deafening.

We'll probably never know.

It's all immaterial now anyway.

I agree its better to be pro-active than reactive but snap decisions aren't always the best. Maybe in time we can look back and think what a great decision it was to sack MA and bring someone else in but I have my doubts. Last season Ian Dowie was dismissed early at Charlton after he came in and brought some new players after results weren't so good and they got relegated which in hindsight was a poor decision as ID may well have kept them up. I don't think that I have seen enough bad things on the pitch to warrant the chairman to be sufficiently worried to sack him.

I must also admit that I liked the fact that the squad wasn't full of golden oldies like Pompey had and like Milan was trying to do here. One pleasing thing about this season is our energy and pacyness (made that one up just for thsi thread lol) and the old timers don't bring the same hunger.

I'm not saying he's a poor manager, but Mandaric obviously doesn't believe he's good for this club. Better to hold your hands up and admit that mistake early on, than bury your head until it's too late. It's obviously a lot more than the odd falling out. Mandaric even let Nob Kelly have a good crack at it and he was utter guff, so there's your answer.

I despair, I really do.

Whatever anybody say's abour Mandaric, I think there's something fundamentally wrong about a chairman negotiating with and signing a player without first asking the manager do you want him? does he fit into your plans?

Milan had agreed terms with Hasselbaink. Whether you think he's a good signing or not, a chairman should not be doing that without first seeing what the man who picks the team thinks.

I was told so many times that Allen was upsetting nearly all the staff there, especially the Fit In **** Off trademark. As has been said on the FoxFanzine, Mandaric thought it was only a matter of time before the club imploded. Along with a host of other things this did not help.

The club needed Allens sort of attitude I think, everyone got a little to used to nice man Kelly and being able to do what they wanted when they wanted. Allen came in and shook things up and they didn't like it.

A couple more points;

Clever timing to restrict fan backlash - be lucky to get 600 at Plymouth now and we will more than likely get behind the team and Beaglehole. No home game for over two weeks by which time the fickle Leicester fanbase will have calmed down. As long as we don't appoint a complete clown Mandaric will be fine.

Fan reaction - remember back to those days when it looked like the Mandaric takeover was going to collapse? Particularly if I recall correctly just before it went through, there was plenty of talk on here about a protest against the board. Now many people want Mandaric out without knowing what went on behind the scenes on this one. Yes, Allen appealed to us as fans as a manager we could finally identify with and it's intensely frustrating that this has happened but Mandaric wants the Premiership and if he felt Allen was compromising that aim then he had to go and for now I won't attack that decision. I just pray he gets the next one right.

Whatever anybody say's abour Mandaric, I think there's something fundamentally wrong about a chairman negotiating with and signing a player without first asking the manager do you want him? does he fit into your plans?

Milan had agreed terms with Hasselbaink. Whether you think he's a good signing or not, a chairman should not be doing that without first seeing what the man who picks the team thinks.

Whether that is right or wrong, it's what you get with Mandaric.

Sometimes you gotta take the fish you got.

I'm not saying he's a poor manager, but Mandaric obviously doesn't believe he's good for this club. Better to hold your hands up and admit that mistake early on, than bury your head until it's too late. It's obviously a lot more than the odd falling out. Mandaric even let Nob Kelly have a good crack at it and he was utter guff, so there's your answer.

I despair, I really do.

You are right about giving RK a chance and to be honest, it would have been easier to come in and sack the existing dude and get someone new in, ie his manager. He did that and now doesn't trust his own initial judgment. Again, there may be more to it but I personally think that MA was strong enough to disagree with his boss which has led to arguments and ultimately his departure.

That or he can't bear the man and knows that he's better for the club than Allen is. I don't think he's done it just to be a cock (well, obviously), but I'm still pissed off. I already thought the bloke was brilliant and had all my hopes for the club tied to him and now thats been ripped out I feel awful.

Probably says more about me than anything, but the guy was a diamond.

Whether that is right or wrong, it's what you get with Mandaric.

Sometimes you gotta take the fish you got.

Give a man a fish and he will feed his family for a day. Give a man a fishing rod and he will be able to feed his family everyday.

The only positive out of this is I'm looking forward to seeing Beaglehole in action at Plymouth and the flowing attacking football of the youth team/reserves. Thracian, wherever your are, your dream has come true.

Give a man a fish and he will feed his family for a day. Give a man a fishing rod and he will be able to feed his family everyday.

The only positive out of this is I'm looking forward to seeing Beaglehole in action at Plymouth and the flowing attacking football of the youth team/reserves. Thracian, wherever your are, your dream has come true.

Beaglehole managed a first team game or something not so long ago (pre-season) - it was garbage apparently.... the reason being though (Thracian tells us) that Beaglehole (purist) had been corrupted by unseen phantoms. He just wasn't himself that day.

I don't feel calm, the rest of the country are laughing ar us, again. The lack of stability at this club is beyond a joke.

You've had that too. My phone hasn't stopped receiving texts laughing at us. I've had a Watford fan laughing at us, a guy who says that Marlon King is deceptively quick and believe Jordan Stewart to be quality. I've had Spurs fans laughing saying it makes them look a well run club with this whole Levy-Jol-Ramos thing. We are a proper circus today.

I don't feel calm, the rest of the country are laughing ar us, again. The lack of stability at this club is beyond a joke.

If the rest of the country were laughing at us, which they're not really, would it matter?

I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks. As just demonstrated when this Villa fan started laughing at the fact I'm leading our fantasy league at work, saying "you're a Leicester fan, what do you know about football?! you've just sacked your manager!"

I replied "I didn't bloody do it!" and everyone started laughing at him.

I win.

---

I've had a load of text messages about it too from Northampton, Sheff Utd, Watford and Cheltenham fans but mine were all sympathetic! I must have nice mates. lol

Beaglehole managed a first team game or something not so long ago (pre-season) - it was garbage apparently.... the reason being though (Thracian tells us) that Beaglehole (purist) had been corrupted by unseen phantoms. He just wasn't himself that day.

Well I guess it's Milan who picks the players, picks the team. Beaglehole will just be the poster boy.

Shame there wasn't a dog around, he could have warned him.

Beaglehole can't be too bad, surely, though? He does seem to have the academy playing good football. I could see why he might attempt to change his approach and fail miserably when he gets a crack at the first team job, too.

edit: Shit thats 3k how did that happen?

Archived