Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Calm Down

Right then.

I've not read any of the threads, but read the titles and that's enough for me. Not having this, not one bit.

My initial reactions when I heard the news were of disbelief and I was gutted. Felt like crying, really did. But then I took the information in, had a think about it and things are becoming a lot clearer.

Milan Mandaric saved this club. He saved it because he wants to make a success of us and make himself some money and a hero along the way, not because he's been a lifelong Leicester fan and out of duty he's bought us or because he's got a vendetta against us and wants to buy us and bury us. It's his club, we were all (well 99% of us) were over the moon that he bought us out and saved us from further years of uncertainty and frustration.

We all knew it was going to be eventful, we all knew that Mandaric works in strange ways at times. We all lapped it up, even joked that managers would be coming in and going out, left, right and centre. Lots of us said we'd back Mandaric to the hilt.

He wants success, he's one of the few men in football that doesn't bury his head in the sand if he's got the wrong manager or bought the wrong player. He's pro-active not re-active. He now knows that there was a massive personality clash and that it was unlikely that him and Allen would get on well and make a success of it. So instead of fannying about, he's tackled the situation head on.

I admire the man, I might not be as ruthless as him (i've certainly underestimated him in recent weeks) but he's proven that he can get a team promoted under his ownership and keep them in the Premiership. He's not about to settle for anything less.

Just remember what the alternative of Mandaric was, that's the bottom line here. Don't try and eat the fookin cake whole here, we aren't in a position to do that right now. Some of you have short memories.

Ok, so this might be a bizarre decision. But we don't know the facts of what's happened, Martin Allen is no neglected puppy here. He's a man who stands up and fights for what he believes in. He's the sort of guy who probably has battles everyday and thinks nothing of them, but to others they'd be a mammoth scrap. Mandaric might not like that, perhaps he can't work with that. Rather him do something about it now when the seasons still only just started than be weak about it and let Allen run amok and waste a season.

He genuinely believes we can get promotion this season, fair play to him for believing that. We have an ambitious chairman, it makes a change. If he thinks we can do it and won't stop at nothing to get it, then let's fookin get behind him and enjoy this shit.

I make my stand loud and clear. I am 100% behind Milan Mandaric. I thank him for buying the club I support and for breathing some energy back in to it. There will be people pulling their hair out at the minute, but we have a guy who's a one off. A born winner. He knows when he has to pull his business head on.

This is us now, we'll be talked about up and down the country. For right reasons or wrong, but i'd rather that than be a poxy, boring, softly, softly does it club that makes no strides in English football. I can't be proud of that, it's done us no favours before.

I chose Mandaric, i'm not going back. Others should do the same.

Agreed, quality post.

Didn't Roeder confirm he had spoken to MM on sky??? Someone said he did.

He was on about the director of football position though wasn't he? :unsure:

That may have been the straw that broke the camels back for MA I doubt he's have been too chuffed with MM bringing in a director of football.

That may have been the straw that broke the camels back for MA I doubt he's have been too chuffed with MM brining in a D of F.

I think the anvil that broke the camels back may be the fact that is was Glen Pissing Roeder as well.

That may have been the straw that broke the camels back for MA I doubt he's have been too chuffed with MM bringing in a director of football.

I don't know about that cause he seemed happy to join us when Don MacKay was here, albeit for 2 weeks.

Right then.

I've not read any of the threads, but read the titles and that's enough for me. Not having this, not one bit.

My initial reactions when I heard the news were of disbelief and I was gutted. Felt like crying, really did. But then I took the information in, had a think about it and things are becoming a lot clearer.

Milan Mandaric saved this club. He saved it because he wants to make a success of us and make himself some money and a hero along the way, not because he's been a lifelong Leicester fan and out of duty he's bought us or because he's got a vendetta against us and wants to buy us and bury us. It's his club, we were all (well 99% of us) were over the moon that he bought us out and saved us from further years of uncertainty and frustration.

We all knew it was going to be eventful, we all knew that Mandaric works in strange ways at times. We all lapped it up, even joked that managers would be coming in and going out, left, right and centre. Lots of us said we'd back Mandaric to the hilt.

He wants success, he's one of the few men in football that doesn't bury his head in the sand if he's got the wrong manager or bought the wrong player. He's pro-active not re-active. He now knows that there was a massive personality clash and that it was unlikely that him and Allen would get on well and make a success of it. So instead of fannying about, he's tackled the situation head on.

I admire the man, I might not be as ruthless as him (i've certainly underestimated him in recent weeks) but he's proven that he can get a team promoted under his ownership and keep them in the Premiership. He's not about to settle for anything less.

Just remember what the alternative of Mandaric was, that's the bottom line here. Don't try and eat the fookin cake whole here, we aren't in a position to do that right now. Some of you have short memories.

Ok, so this might be a bizarre decision. But we don't know the facts of what's happened, Martin Allen is no neglected puppy here. He's a man who stands up and fights for what he believes in. He's the sort of guy who probably has battles everyday and thinks nothing of them, but to others they'd be a mammoth scrap. Mandaric might not like that, perhaps he can't work with that. Rather him do something about it now when the seasons still only just started than be weak about it and let Allen run amok and waste a season.

He genuinely believes we can get promotion this season, fair play to him for believing that. We have an ambitious chairman, it makes a change. If he thinks we can do it and won't stop at nothing to get it, then let's fookin get behind him and enjoy this shit.

I make my stand loud and clear. I am 100% behind Milan Mandaric. I thank him for buying the club I support and for breathing some energy back in to it. There will be people pulling their hair out at the minute, but we have a guy who's a one off. A born winner. He knows when he has to pull his business head on.

This is us now, we'll be talked about up and down the country. For right reasons or wrong, but i'd rather that than be a poxy, boring, softly, softly does it club that makes no strides in English football. I can't be proud of that, it's done us no favours before.

I chose Mandaric, i'm not going back. Others should do the same.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Brilliant post.

Sense as usual from the flair.

Milan has dragged us up from being relegation dogfighters to promotion hunters in 6 months.

And for the tossers who are saying things like Milan out - get a fooking grip.

Not exactly promotion hunters yet are we. And this isn't going to help.

No, not in my opinion, but in a lot of people's we are, and that is due to one man - Milan fooking Mandaric.

Without him, we'd probably have Nobend Kelly in charge, fighting for an equaliser at home against S****horpe, and re-doubling the efforts on the training ground.

And i for one am grateful to Milan that we are'nt.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Brilliant post.

Sense as usual from the flair.

Milan has dragged us up from being relegation dogfighters to promotion hunters in 6 months.

And for the tossers who are saying things like Milan out - get a fooking grip.

I've supported Mandaric but never felt easy about him from the off - and in part that's explained by this latest drama coming as no surprise at all.

But I'll make a bet with you that I hope you'll win. A pint says MM won't get so lucky again as he did with Portsmouth and won't get us promoted this season.

He's no hero to me. He lacks integrity. Basically, he's a bully.

What did I write before he came..."I do not like thee Dr Fell, the reason why I cannot tell etc..."

I've supported Mandaric but never felt easy about him from the off - and in part that's explained by this latest drama coming as no surprise at all.

But I'll make a bet with you that I hope you'll win. A pint says MM won't get so lucky again as he did with Portsmouth and won't get us promoted this season.

He's no hero to me. He's a bully.

He's a business man.

He's no hero to me. He's a bully.

So a bully has bullied another bully.

Bullseye.

He's no hero to me. To me he lacks integrity. Basically, he's a bully.

ruthless for sure. Or, depending on you point of view, either decisive/'proactive' - or ruthless. Got to be one or the other, certainly nothing in between.

btw, Allen has attracted that label (of 'bully'), but I liked the fact that he pushed the players around a bit. They needed it it seemed to me after the easy ride of the Adams/Levein/Kelly years.

Are you saying businessmen shouldn't act with integrity and try to honour people's contracts?.

What I can't understand is how this successful "businessman" has hired 14 different managers and still has a business left worthy of the name.

What I can't understand is how this successful "businessman" has hired 14 different managers and still has a business left worthy of the name.

his business success is not football ; that is merely a sideline to him , a dalliance that he is prepared to lose an amount on for personal vainglorious motives

edit; but if i had his wealth i would be exactly the same

He's no hero to me. He lacks integrity. Basically, he's a bully.

What did I write before he came..."I do not like thee Dr Fell, the reason why I cannot tell etc..."

Maybe he wont get us promoted this season. If he did, it would quite frankly be a miracle after last season.

So a bully has bullied another bully.

Bullseye.

Again, spot on Ric.

Maybe he wont get us promoted this season. If he did, it would quite frankly be a miracle after last season.

Again, spot on Ric.

I don't think it would have been anything close to a "miracle" for MA to have got us up. He'd assembled the basis of a decent squad, was ninth in the table, three points from the top and with Kaebi, Hayes & Cort still to play any significant part.

Top six was perfectly possible. I'm not sure the likes of Megson, Warnock and Jewell will fit the managerial part so quickly nor necessarily do well at all.

Come on Leic Fans Lets get behind the club and Millan please- do you wanna lose Millan?

This man is the greatest thing that ever happened here - lets not judge him too early like some did with Martin Oneill

MILLAN ONLY WANTS WHAT IS BEST FOR LEIC

We don't know everything that goes off

If anyone is thinking of going to Plymouth and singing anti Millan songs - Think hard b4 you do - remember those twats who sang fook off Martin Oneil v Sheff U

- he never let us forget that did he?

Archived