Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ASH17LCFC

Steve Cotterill has left burnley

Okay maybe i went abit OTT today about the Cotterill being our manager but it seem to make sence. I understand you're point Manwell and its a very good point. The only thing i can think off is maybe that have agreed a deal that would involed a fee being payed to Burnley if he gets another job in the Championship in the next 12 months

I hear alot of people saying .. He is crap and like duck he would be our next manager ... Lets go back only 8 weeks when ONE Gary Megson was linked to the Leicester job. We all laughed and said no way but it happened. Cotterill has that experince aswell what Milan said would be key to the job this time. I for one do not want this man in charge of Leicester city for one and i thought the last time he was here. He was line up to be Micky Adams replacement and also Fez Know with his bit of detail.

All im saying this story does have something about it and keep this thread open till around monday.

I've not seen a withdrawal like that since Hugh Grant got caught with that lady of the night in LA.

This is ridiculous.

Chris Hutchings is our new manager. Why else would he have got sacked by Wigan

Ash you are seriously brain dead sometimes.

According to Radio Leicester.

It's got to be Cotterill.

The Burnley chairman didn't want Cotterill in the opposite dug out for Saturday's game I reckon.

Understandably so.

Nor did Norwich want MON in charge of City for the City v Norwich game in 1995.

Welcome Mr Cotterill.

Could be worse. At least it's not Reid, Warnock, Megson, Royle or Hutchings.

As it happens he was in the frame when Levein went wasn't he?

And he may have pee'd off many of the Burnley fans but they are still above us. With a smaller club and smaller budget.

Welcome I say.

They also said Iain Dowie is set to sign and will be in charge by Friday.

Dowie is at a club already and it drags on ... Cotterill is a free man and probally has already been offered the job ... He's probally in leicester right now

Dowie is at a club already and it drags on ... Cotterill is a free man and probally has already been offered the job ... He's probally in leicester right now

He probably is.

Same as megson is probably in Germany at the minute.

Doesn't Cotterill play really negative, defensive, grind out 1-0 kinda of football though???

Yeah I thought that, and he's mates with Smegson ain't he?

As someone else has said though Burnley board are unbelievably thick if they havn't held out for compo and we do want him. We may make a move for him now he's a free agent (I hope to god we don't) but I can't see that for one minute seeing as one report (Nothing certain and we all know about Milan's quote meaning fuk all) saying he's got 3 names on a short-list.

Wasn't it you who was told us you were told by...what for it..."A reliable source" Gazza was in the running for the job?! :rolleyes::frusty:

Yep, that is the one.

Who tomorrow?

John Barnes?

Poor man's Paul Ince?!

I heard today from a really good source its gonna be Paul Gascoigne.
You'll be Surprise, the guy normally 9 times out of 10 gets it right. The guy has played at the top level and be a very intresting manager and a popular one with the fans and players.
All about the media isn't it ? Just think how much press we would get. Also Can't see Gazza rowing with Milan over players. Milan loves being on the front page and Gazza being some part of the Leicester set up would be big news. Still the bloke might just be pishing about but he sounded serious.
The bloke is the Chief Executive ... make all you want of it ...

I presume on Monday when Cotterill has been turned down.. "I wasn't being serious about Cotterill joining - he's shit!!"

Archived