Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
lookwhaticando

Scunnythorpe Post Match

Recommended Posts

Posted
How can Holloway think about playing an injured player in such a vital game. He replaced Wesolwski with him so I'll be interested to hear what everyone thought of that decision.

It was bloody ridiculous. Weso was one of the main reasons we were doing so well. Once Clemence took his place we became indifferent and is injury suggbested he was never properly fitin the first place.

Thankfully the side stabilised well enough with the introdWEso had reported some uction of N'Gotty but why Holloway had felt the need to change things when we were doing so well I cannot imagine unless Weso had reported some tightness or fatigue.

Posted
We are Blue We are White

We are fecking Dynamite !

:thumbup: :fox: :yesyes::scarf:

Well. Not really. Dynashite would be more realistic. :thumbup:

Posted
It was bloody ridiculous. Weso was one of the main reasons we were doing so well. Once Clemence took his place we became indifferent and is injury suggbested he was never properly fitin the first place.

Thankfully the side stabilised well enough with the introdWEso had reported some uction of N'Gotty but why Holloway had felt the need to change things when we were doing so well I cannot imagine unless Weso had reported some tightness or fatigue.

I wasn't there, but I don't imagine for a minute he was fully match fit.

Posted
It was bloody ridiculous. Weso was one of the main reasons we were doing so well. Once Clemence took his place we became indifferent and is injury suggbested he was never properly fitin the first place.

Thankfully the side stabilised well enough with the introdWEso had reported some uction of N'Gotty but why Holloway had felt the need to change things when we were doing so well I cannot imagine unless Weso had reported some tightness or fatigue.

Said in the post match interview that Weso was brought off as he was struggling with tight hamstrings.

Clemence does have an ongoing injury with his heel/foot, for which he needs surgery. He was substituted because he suffered an injury with his calf muscle, nothing to do with his existing injury.

Posted
Said in the post match interview that Weso was brought off as he was struggling with tight hamstrings.

Clemence does have an ongoing injury with his heel/foot, for which he needs surgery. He was substituted because he suffered an injury with his calf muscle, nothing to do with his existing injury.

Thanks for that both of you. It explained Holloway's decision though the sooner he gets King involved as an option the better - as I've tried to tell him already. You try to help a bloke and he just refuses to listen. :D .

Posted

With Hendrie not able to play next weel, and Weso struggling with an injury + Clemence out for the season, I reckon we might see King next to Oakley. But I won't hold my breath - N'Gotty, as much as I like him, will play there which is a travesty for King.

Posted
With Hendrie not able to play next weel, and Weso struggling with an injury + Clemence out for the season, I reckon we might see King next to Oakley. But I won't hold my breath - N'Gotty, as much as I like him, will play there which is a travesty for King.

I just hope he doesn't go down injured now after the long and totally indefensible lay-off he's had.

Posted
I'm a fan of Weso, but he's too injury prone for my liking.

Tight hamstrings are the result of a player being idle too long and suddenly being thrust into a demanding situation. If Holloway had involved him for longer in previous matches I doubt there'd have been a problem.

Posted
Tight hamstrings are the result of a player being idle too long and suddenly being thrust into a demanding situation. If Holloway had involved him for longer in previous matches I doubt there'd have been a problem.

He didnt seem very happy about being subbed n walked straight past Ollie. He must have thought he was holding up with no problem.

Posted

thank god for that... i genuinely am going to stop listening to games now...we've won 2 out of 3...

and vålerenga won their opening game of the season 1-0 - top of the league!

Posted
If one game required pace up front it was today. Would've run their woeful defence ragged.

Screaming out for it in the second half when we were pinned in a bit. There was absolutely miles of space behind their pushed up back line just screaming out for DJ to run into. Instead we had Hendo's dodgy halfway line kicks and Howard trying to flick it into space for a ponderous Fryat to run onto.

I was pleased with Bell today, and Stearman backed him up really well on the overlap. The difference an actual winger makes compared to Hume hung out there was obvious.

Oh and please sell Fryatt in the summer, it depresses me to watch him.

Posted
I'm a fan of Weso, but he's too injury prone for my liking.

There was an interview with him on Radio Leics before the game when he said Dave Rennie has put him on a special regime that he's really benefiting from. Just have to wait and see if we benefit.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Posted
Thanks for that both of you. It explained Holloway's decision though the sooner he gets King involved as an option the better - as I've tried to tell him already. You try to help a bloke and he just refuses to listen. :D .

King simply isn't ready yet. We've tried him and he is too lightweight, even in the match against southampton where he scored.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Posted
Tight hamstrings are the result of a player being idle too long and suddenly being thrust into a demanding situation. If Holloway had involved him for longer in previous matches I doubt there'd have been a problem.

It's actually the result of breaking your legs twice as a teenager, but any excuse to have a pop at Holloway.

Posted
Tight hamstrings are the result of a player being idle too long and suddenly being thrust into a demanding situation. If Holloway had involved him for longer in previous matches I doubt there'd have been a problem.

Just not the complete truth at all. It can be an issue where someone does little or no exercise for a period of time and then does too much too quickly. Simply not the case with Weso who according to his own words is on a special exercise programme.

Unfortunately weso is an injury prone player. I seem to recall gerrard having similar injury problems at liverpool early in his career and I think a compbination of diet and special exercose was required to sort it out so maybe that will happen with weso eventually as he is still quite young.

At the time he was subbed he had just completed 15 mins of completely inept display during which he continuously gave the ball away and was looking well off the pace.

Posted
At the time he was subbed he had just completed 15 mins of completely inept display during which he continuously gave the ball away and was looking well off the pace.

I reckon this is nearer the truth of why he was subbed. At the time Clem was warming up, Weso did an atrocious pass across the pitch that broke down one of our attacks and Ollie immediately called Clem in and put him on within a minute.

Posted
Just not the complete truth at all. It can be an issue where someone does little or no exercise for a period of time and then does too much too quickly. Simply not the case with Weso who according to his own words is on a special exercise programme.

Unfortunately weso is an injury prone player. I seem to recall gerrard having similar injury problems at liverpool early in his career and I think a compbination of diet and special exercose was required to sort it out so maybe that will happen with weso eventually as he is still quite young.

At the time he was subbed he had just completed 15 mins of completely inept display during which he continuously gave the ball away and was looking well off the pace.

Exercise programmes are no substitute for competitive games. Every one of our players had spells of giving the ball away and I didn't see Weso as being especially guilty.

There were one or occasions where he tried to play the ball forward without looking but to where he thought an opportunity might be created only for the pass to be intercepted.

Bad for not looking or good for taking responsibility and trying to make something happen? I know which I think.

Stearman was just the same at times - he made two or three awful passes. But he did try to do things which would hurt the opposition and in the end it was a move involving Weso, Bell and Stearman which ended with Hendrie's vital goal.

Posted
Not one bloody person (apart from Lisa) joined in my rendition of the 70's disco classic Ring My Bell - celebrating a very good début. Bloody Kop :angry:

Ring my bell, ding-a-ling-a-ding

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...