STUHILL Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 Well, didn't sound like we played very well, but we finally managed to grind out a win. The 4-1's are great but we need the 1-0's to survive! Amen to that!
lookwhaticando Posted 29 March 2008 Author Posted 29 March 2008 Added a subtitle. Hope you don't mind LWICD. I care not. I'm partial to topic title tweaking, myself.
Bert Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 FAO Karim Benzema Bertie is the undisputed champ of starting of the Matchday Thread.Hail Bertie!
FilboFox Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 OLLIE'S BLUE ARMY! OLLIE'S BLUE ARMY! OLLIE'S BLUE ARMY!
Simi Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 It wasn't pretty, but at this stage of the season, I care not. Matty Fryatt could have won the game for us two times, anywhere except straight at the keeper and it was curtains for Scunny, but instead we let them have a little spell towards the end. Thought Howard, Bell and Hendrie were the star performers of the match. Howard did everything expected from him and more I thought, shame Fryatt was not always on the same page. Bell's trickery and final ball was very refreshing, something we've certainly lacked. Also Hendrie's sheer desire to win the game for us and alertness on the ball was fantastic. Special mention to Weso as well. Fully deserves his place in the team. I said before the game this looks like our strongest midfield and I really do hope that it stays that way.
Bernie's Love Child Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 Great win, dreadful game - but I don't care!! We are staying up!!
Jack Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 Decent display and 3 points, im happy with that Shame we didn't score a few more, their keeper had a very good game.
Darkzzz_ Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 Well happy with that!! I dont care about performances, we just need the winning mentality until the end of the season.... Do we dare dream about back to back wins??
Leicester Lass Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 Big Pete on the drum Thought Weso was outstanding today, but a decent all round performance. Special mention to Lee Hendrie as well, we'll definitely miss him next week.
Guest shearfox Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 All i'll say is thank goodness for Hendrie. Hopefully we sign him on a permanent deal.
termite111 Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 Well we won I guess. We sounded really poor though. sounded poor. suppose you had a good view from your armchair.
Darkzzz_ Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 How did David Bell do?? We could have done with him today in our game, we had no width!! Awfull conditions aswell....To go with a defeat!! Ah well least City won.
Milky Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 If one game required pace up front it was today. Would've run their woeful defence ragged.
Webbo Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 Wasn't pretty by any means, but tbf the conditions didn't help. I was surprised non of their players were booked, they were kicking Hendrie, Fryatt and Howard all match.
LeeCovFox Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 sounded poor. suppose you had a good view from your armchair. I'm there most matches mate, but couldn't afford it this week, which there not a lot I can do about. Granted, my view on things isn't as reliable as those who have attended, but I can only form my opinion based on what I've heard. It doesn't make it any less valid.
Lineker's Left Foot Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 A win against Colchester is A MUST and a couple of draws should see us safe. Our superior goal difference is worth an extra point too
Tilley Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 What a relief. A must needed 3 points. Wasn't pretty but who cares.
Koke Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 FAO Karim Benzema Alright Berty Boy, I'll put my hands up. But we better win versus Colchester.
Kilworthfox Posted 29 March 2008 Posted 29 March 2008 Alright Berty Boy, I'll put my hands up. But we better win versus Colchester. Advice fro Berto, don't start it next week as the 2 game hoodoo will be back! Are you up to the challenge?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.