Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Running and stuff

Never again? Don't quit now, I'll donate £50 if you do it next year in half the time.

#motivation

Anyone who gets round there in half the time I did deserves more than a medal and a free t-shirt. They deserve round the clock oral service from both Olsen Twins.

You've inspired me Smuts. I started running last year for a few weeks and enjoyed it. Went away on holiday and came back and lost motivation. Ive just txt my mate who runs 5km 3 times a week and said im joining him as i need to catch the exercise bug again. Ive also just this minute joined the Anstey Amblers running club and going for my first run with them on Thursday. Im in the obese category and want to start sorting myself out. Gonna go for a run tonight after work to see how bad my fitness is. You never know i myself might do the London Marathon one day.

You've inspired me Smuts. I started running last year for a few weeks and enjoyed it. Went away on holiday and came back and lost motivation. Ive just txt my mate who runs 5km 3 times a week and said im joining him as i need to catch the exercise bug again. Ive also just this minute joined the Anstey Amblers running club and going for my first run with them on Thursday. Im in the obese category and want to start sorting myself out. Gonna go for a run tonight after work to see how bad my fitness is. You never know i myself might do the London Marathon one day.

Absolutely cracking stuff. Good to see it being infectious.

Lad in my office did two hours fifty. He's about as skinny as we used to be, no excuses Smuts. No pain no gain!

Wow,that is an impressive time, I expect he gets a place because of his time next year.

I used to run 100m and cross country to county level,but never trained above 5 milesI'm no longer skinny 17st and the only time I run is when the ice cream van starts to leave.

Would love to do it but the knees are shot to bits, the wife will apply again.

That made me smile that. Cracking effort!

I'm just watching the highlights now and looking out for myself. Spotting so much that I missed yesterday.

Reading some of the stories as well - a woman with stage 4 lung cancer finished 2 mins behind me. And here's me moaning about cramp for 15 miles.

Oh man! It's horrid when that happens!! Get signed up for a half later this year to keep you motivated.

I had an old guy (70s?) running in a full DJ overtake me on my Marathon.

For the half I just did, I was running down the final straight when some woman fell over, two men picked her up and the crowd went wild. I beat the three of them. Made me feel amazing running in to an awesome roar!!

I suppose I could have stopped and helped, but nah!! Finishing in style :)

Cambridge, I'm upper 17stone at the moment. You can run. It takes time and patience, but you can do it.

Wow,that is an impressive time, I expect he gets a place because of his time next year.

I used to run 100m and cross country to county level,but never trained above 5 milesI'm no longer skinny 17st and the only time I run is when the ice cream van starts to leave.

Would love to do it but the knees are shot to bits, the wife will apply again.

Yeah he got in London at first application because of his time in Manchester (2.58) which is Good For Age.

I'm like you, I used to run 400, 800 and 1500 and did cross country for county but have never run more than five mile.

Was quick over those distances (not even slightly anymore, just under 20 mins for a 5k on a good day!) but I'd ****ing die if I tried a marathon to be fair.

Respect to anyone that tries, let alone finishes.

There was 3 of them and I lost sight of them during one of my cramps. No idea.

I know I just about beat Cool Runnings complete with bobsled and lucky egg.

Brilliant!

Make sure you do some short runs over the next few days, even if you don't feel like it. Otherwise you'll get and stay stiff (ooo missus).

I'm in ****ing tatters. What a terrible idea that was. Finished in 6 hours and 49 seconds.

Ruined with cramp from mile 11. Made it onto the BBC website and according to the announcer at the finish line I was also on TV and Steve Cram said I was looking good around the 5 mile mark. Not been able to verify that yet.

Just want to say what a fantastic effort. When you feel crap just to get round at all is a simply fantastic achievement. I really pleased for you.

Completed yesterday's marathon in 4 hours 9 mins!

I can't stress enough just how much the crowds make a difference

Great time. well done.  The crowd at London are just amazing especially along the embankment when you come out of that small tunnel just a massive lift.

Just had my first sports massage since the marathon. Jesus wept that hurt. Every muscle in my legs are screaming at me.

It's relieved a lot of the pain in my left foot already so I will unfortunately now be able to do a bit of running this weekend.

Just had my first sports massage since the marathon. Jesus wept that hurt. Every muscle in my legs are screaming at me.

It's relieved a lot of the pain in my left foot already so I will unfortunately now be able to do a bit of running this weekend.

Take it easy. 3 mile max.

I went out for my 2nd run last night. Felt great to get the heart pumping. Im aching all over whilst my muscles get used to exercising again. Going out for another run in the morning before the football. Starting running has naturally made me a bit more wary of what im eating. Ive replaced chocolate with fruit in my lunch for work and cut down on my carb intake. Just hope i can keep at it. Already feel better about myself even though ive only just started. Would love to do a marathon one day but hey lets get by the first week lol

Archived