Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

Hmmph. I live a couple of miles up the road. Now I'm gonna have to contend with listening to 'orrible noisy bikes all day. Grrrrr. And it's windy... and it's blowing from that direction. :angry::whistle: It is at least dry for you - for now, anyway. :)

You shoud've come down and you would have been converted :P

I had a fantastic day (although some were less fortunate - there were a lot of nasty crashes). I was wearing my Leicester shirt over the top of my leathers for the first couple of sessions before realising that if I crashed, I would ruin it. Did'nt really think about the consequences for me or my £5,000 bike in the event of an accident - just the safe wellbeing of my football shirt ;)

God's weather department must have read my previous post as the rain only came down at lunch. By the time we started the afternoon sessions, it was dry again.

I also set a new personal best of 163mph down the main straight. I was the happiest Munzie alive yeasterday although paying the price today as I ache like bugger.

You shoud've come down and you would have been converted :P

I had a fantastic day (although some were less fortunate - there were a lot of nasty crashes). I was wearing my Leicester shirt over the top of my leathers for the first couple of sessions before realising that if I crashed, I would ruin it. Did'nt really think about the consequences for me or my £5,000 bike in the event of an accident - just the safe wellbeing of my football shirt ;)

God's weather department must have read my previous post as the rain only came down at lunch. By the time we started the afternoon sessions, it was dry again.

I also set a new personal best of 163mph down the main straight. I was the happiest Munzie alive yeasterday although paying the price today as I ache like bugger.

lol And I did hear them all day as well! :rolleyes::P I am a convert - and I love Snetterton - but I'm far happier with 4 wheels, thanks. :D

Glad you had a good day, though, and that you were lucky with the weather. :cool:

got caught behind a fookin stinkwheel for about 3 miles today before i could get by it , could still taste 2 stroke oil for about an hour afterwards

ban them :angry:

Get out of this thread- infact, get off FoxesTalk. :angry:

Motorbikes truely are brilliant.

I had a KTM crosser for a couple of years, reserved for green laning and the like, but yearned for my 21st birthday, so I can do my full license, and get a bike that has more power than a hairdryer.

Turned 21 in November, and has taken until now for my Mum to warm to the idea. "It's either a bike, or a tatoo of a vagina on my forehead."

Currently researching the fees now...

Edited by Tabou

Motorbikes truely are brilliant.

I had a KTM crosser for a couple of years, reserved for green laning and the like, but yearned for my 21st birthday, so I can do my full license, and get a bike that has more power than a hairdryer.

Turned 21 in November, and has taken until now for my Mum to warm to the idea. "It's either a bike, or a tatoo of a vagina on my forehead."

Currently researching the fees now...

I would call her bluff and get the tatoo if she stalls any longer..........

I am 32 and believe me, mum's never change their mind about motorbikes...... lol

Just don't do what the guy above on the youtube link did!

N.

I would call her bluff and get the tatoo if she stalls any longer..........

I am 32 and believe me, mum's never change their mind about motorbikes...... lol

Just don't do what the guy above on the youtube link did!

N.

She almost gave permission when I said I would get one for track days only, but she saw through me. I was always extremely lucky growing up, as my parents are very very very liberal. They never had a problem with any of my exploits, including attempting to windsurf accross the channel.

Motorbikes are the exception!

She almost gave permission when I said I would get one for track days only, but she saw through me. I was always extremely lucky growing up, as my parents are very very very liberal. They never had a problem with any of my exploits, including attempting to windsurf accross the channel.

Motorbikes are the exception!

There's your answer! Disguise it!! Stick a big sail on the top... she'll never know. :D

:unsure:

Just got back from Donnington. Fantastic racing and atmosphere. Stood and the Foggey Esses and got a great view of some spectacular crashes, including Rossi's moment of madness. Credit where due however as he got back on and still finished fifth.

Toseland was mobbed as he came around at the end. He needs to grow a bigger pair of bollocks as a podium place was his to take.

I can't believe it's the end of July, as my toes and fingers are fozen from the ride home. Roll on Summer!

Just got back from Donnington. Fantastic racing and atmosphere. Stood and the Foggey Esses and got a great view of some spectacular crashes, including Rossi's moment of madness. Credit where due however as he got back on and still finished fifth.

Toseland was mobbed as he came around at the end. He needs to grow a bigger pair of bollocks as a podium place was his to take.

I can't believe it's the end of July, as my toes and fingers are fozen from the ride home. Roll on Summer!

Will watch the race later. Have met JT, extremely nice guy, have all the time in the world for that man.

The NTV 650 I've decided to buy is being delivered tonight (as long as the bank gives me the cash), still a few weeks before my test but may as well put some pressure on.

Not the most exciting bike in the world but a nice starter.

The NTV 650 I've decided to buy is being delivered tonight (as long as the bank gives me the cash), still a few weeks before my test but may as well put some pressure on.

Not the most exciting bike in the world but a nice starter.

Congratulations. We must have a beer before test day!

Are you going to the friendly on Sunday? There may be pre and post drinks going on.

I think that sounds like a good plan my friend, I will give you both a call. They are opening the West Stand only tickets 10 notes for adult ST holders and 12 if not.

That's 12 for you then daggers *coughs*

N

Spent this week wondering what I'd get more enjoyment from - season ticket or aftermarket pipes? It was easy. ST has been cancelled and the new pipes will be fitted shortly after my return.

Why do you need aftermarket cans? Harley's sound brilliant as they are. Other than pissing off the neigbours, I know where my money would have gone.