Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

My bike, fantastic though it is, sounded a bit like agricultural machinery unless you were rinsing it. Fixed it by installing a Leo Vince LV One Evo full system. 

Actually ordered the full EU spec version from Europe, which includes a cat (I know some of you will think I’m ridiculous for doing that).

It has totally transformed the bike.

79DCD08A-BAF7-436A-A576-C1B986C54D7C.jpeg

Edited by Saxondale
  • Like 2

On 12/06/2022 at 09:10, Saxondale said:

My bike, fantastic though it is, sounded a bit like agricultural machinery unless you were rinsing it. Fixed it by installing a Leo Vince LV One Evo full system. 

Actually ordered the full EU spec version from Europe, which includes a cat (I know some of you will think I’m ridiculous for doing that).

That is beautiful! Do you know what the ride height is? I'm gonna be in the market for a new bike soon and got my eye on a GSXR, CBR or a Ninja but worried about ride height. 

1 hour ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

That is beautiful! Do you know what the ride height is? I'm gonna be in the market for a new bike soon and got my eye on a GSXR, CBR or a Ninja but worried about ride height. 

Don’t know the seat height, but I’m relatively short and the Ninja fits me fine - that’s one of the things I really like about it.

This website is a good resource: http://cycle-ergo.com

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd like a bit of advice....passed my test many moons ago,then kids got in the way!Been using my 125 on and off for 4 years,but now got a few quid to buy a proper bike.Would really like an R6...but i'm 53 now!Narrowed it down to a M10 or Ducati Monster 1200.......i know,but i've been waiting to get a proper bike to tootal about at 40 for 30 years!Any suggestions of anything better or shops?

8 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

I'd like a bit of advice....passed my test many moons ago,then kids got in the way!Been using my 125 on and off for 4 years,but now got a few quid to buy a proper bike.Would really like an R6...but i'm 53 now!Narrowed it down to a M10 or Ducati Monster 1200.......i know,but i've been waiting to get a proper bike to tootal about at 40 for 30 years!Any suggestions of anything better or shops?

Sorry, did you mean the MT-10?

8 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

I'd highly recommend the 2000-2002 ZX-6R as a first big bike. Much more comfortable than an R6 but similar spec. Loads were produced and because it was never as sought after as the R6/CBR600RR you should be able to find a good low-mileage one for a good price, and they're great reliability-wise

Although I'd recommend taking it easy for a bit having not ridden in a while, 600's are perfect for being plenty quick enough without being too intimidating

Also worth considering what sort of riding you'll be doing. Although big nakeds are a lot of fun, if you're doing any sort of long motorway usage or high speed rides, the lack of a fairing means you're exposed to all the wind and rain which can be a pain in the arse. But if you're planning on just messing around on weekends in nice weather, absolutely go for it

Just my 2p anyway

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Sorry,yes MT-10.

Great bikes, superb all rounders and much better value for money that its Ducati counterparts...very quick too. The MT-09 may be a better option, particularly if you are returning after a hiatus. 

It isn't simply down to performance, bang for your buck or even necessarily practicality - although for some it may be a combination of these factors. Others have loyalty to a brand or prefer a certain marque, it may be a definitive bike in a particular genre - it could simply be looks that sway you. I'd recommend a lot of reading and research and then test rides. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/06/2022 at 09:10, Saxondale said:

I finally opted for the er6f/ninja which I picked up this weekend, very impressed! Throttle a little sensitive though but lovely to ride. How do you find yours? And did you need a remap with the can? 

• Like 1

I miss the sports-tourer look of years back. Ducati's ST series for instance, but all manufacturers seemed to build one. I loved Triumph's Sprint also. I guess I liked the full fairings and panniers etc. These days, the 'big trailie' seems to have taken over that niche.

In a similar vein, I'd have half an eye out for a TRX 850 as a restoration project.

On 25/09/2022 at 09:13, SeCrEt FoX said:

I finally opted for the er6f/ninja which I picked up this weekend, very impressed! Throttle a little sensitive though but lovely to ride. How do you find yours? And did you need a remap with the can? 

No, I haven’t remapped.

The N 650 and the ER6F are different bikes, so i don’t know how relevant the comparisons are. I do have one issue with the throttle, which is that it has a dead zone before it kicks-in, which I think is more to do with the throttle handle / cable mechanism than with the actual throttle itself. It does make low speed manoeuvring a bit ungraceful sometimes because you get no throttle…no throttle…THROTTLE!

Might be able to make some adjustment to remedy this; i don’t know, i haven’t looked into it.

Edited by Saxondale
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Saxondale said:

No, I haven’t remapped.

The N 650 and the ER6F are different bikes, so i don’t know how relevant the comparisons are. I do have one issue with the throttle, which is that it has a dead zone before it kicks-in, which I think is more to do with the throttle handle / cable mechanism than with the actual throttle itself. It does make low speed manoeuvring a bit ungraceful sometimes because you get no throttle…no throttle…THROTTLE!

Might be able to make some adjustment to remedy this; i don’t know, i haven’t looked into it.

Yes this seems to be my problem, slow speed manoeuvres are a bit of a pain especially turning into side streets but slowly getting used to that. It just seems there is no happy medium with the throttle, not enough throttle doesn't do anything and just a slight bit of throttle seems to violent for a slow manoeuvre. 

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Harringworth? Not too far from my home town

Right next to it. 

On the ride back I realised I'd forgotten just how picturesque Rockingham is. Problem is, just up the hill and down the road is Corby. 

14 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Right next to it. 

On the ride back I realised I'd forgotten just how picturesque Rockingham is. Problem is, just up the hill and down the road is Corby. 

Handy though if you like heroin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/05/2023 at 21:24, Line-X said:

IMG_20230513_143012270_HDR.jpg.e1305cfd7b594efd22b59afe5ed81222.jpgIMG_20230513_143109500_HDR.jpg.9a18aeca05ca8d432cfa160978ceea9b.jpgIMG_20230513_171440671_HDR.jpg.b26e6f00078904d53d56fdb29078dfd3.jpgIMG_20230513_181700146_HDR.jpg.ce0bbaf02f1751c381585c911b91c3ea.jpgIMG_20230513_181704816_HDR.jpg.5f2bd78a39526b4909ab722c74208be5.jpgIMG_20230513_181726200_HDR.jpg.58fbb281578b9745e5ce79e4b8d1b929.jpgIMG_20230513_173046752_HDR.jpg.646e1f3b30d6eda5b4260379a28fa3af.jpgIMG_20230513_182118978_HDR.jpg.b5a0e6d76d9cd19991677cc2be039fd1.jpg

I popped into IT once for a coffee. Spent five minutes standing by an unattended counter while folks were happily monching their breakfasts and left again. Not been tempted to return - but it looks pretty popular on bike nights.