Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

9 hours ago, Saxondale said:

You’ll have to let us know how you get on with this. The rugged simplicity really appeals. There’s something very charming about them.

You had a test ride?

I was missing the XT600 for green laning but found myself vanishing down a bunny hole of ever more potent potentials. Then I discovered actually buying a 701 was impossible. Mate has had a Himi for a couple of years and loves it.

I’m quite prepared for the quirks and limitations, it’ll be fine for the job I want from it.

Edited by Daggers
  • Like 1

The Enfield is an absolute blast off-road, it just ploughs through any surface even with stock tyres…but then I’ve not encountered anything really gnarly yet. 

Even though I’m still stuck to around 40mph while running in, it’s still fun enough on B roads. 

E647901E-2D20-4AC5-BD18-05390C9E5BD2.jpeg

5B0EA3A6-07C1-4457-8E0C-63E40A779318.jpeg

71E9FBAE-6B25-4122-9157-F8CDD0E22E6D.jpeg

30E958B0-B320-4A4C-A7BC-45C522D43948.jpeg

5AB2C56E-C12A-4484-9A83-E6BB443C3899.jpeg

17A6A9DE-C243-46F2-935B-D3F375C85D7D.jpeg

8B90F90E-4018-4CED-9FC4-48C3A815D497.jpeg

Edited by Daggers
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Did you fall off? Where is that, looks familiar. I'm hoping to do my bike test this year, little bored of riding a 125cc. 

Stock tyres are naff at self cleaning in the mud, hit a big patch and the rear went walkabout. Such things happen off-road. 

All the lanes I do while I’m running it in are around North Northants so I can go 40 in between them without bothering people who have places to be. 

Edited by Daggers
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Stock tyres are naff at self cleaning in the mud, hit a big patch and the rear went walkabout. Such things happen off-road. 

All the lanes I do while I’m running it in are around North Northants so I can go 40 in between them without bothering people who have places to be. 

It's just so nice to see you off that tin pot hairdryer living a strange mod fantasy and enjoying a proper bike. I feel like I can look you in the eye again now.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nick said:

It's just so nice to see you off that tin pot hairdryer living a strange mod fantasy and enjoying a proper bike. I feel like I can look you in the eye again now.

Still got the Vespa, I chopped the GSX1250 in for the Himmy. 

Planning on an Enfield Interceptor after I’ve done the Nc500 again on the scooter - just wondering whether to swap one for the other or go to three machines in the garage. It’s not like I need my balls anymore so it doesn’t matter if Sue finds out 😁

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Still got the Vespa, I chopped the GSX1250 in for the Himmy. 

Planning on an Enfield Interceptor after I’ve done the Nc500 again on the scooter - just wondering whether to swap one for the other or go to three machines in the garage. It’s not like I need my balls anymore so it doesn’t matter if Sue finds out 😁

I really like the Himmy. Looks great fun.

On 07/04/2022 at 16:22, Nick said:

I really like the Himmy. Looks great fun.

It’s a little off-road Tonka Toy. Not the best, but superb fun. Be better when I’ve got a decent set of knobblies on it. 

Popped a deposit down today to swap the Vespa for this…

BD27508A-46A0-4BD5-81FD-1B4F1A0769CE.jpeg

A1EBE3D3-C5BA-4662-94BC-73D643E4E255.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Wow! Anything is better than a Vespa obviously but that looks like a right toy!

They really are ace though, go test ride a GTS300 - I dare you not to grin for the entire ride. 

But yeh, the Interceptor is sexy. 

Creations like these genuinely warm the heart. Allen Millyard, complete nutter and English eccentric - somewhere between Alan Titchmarsh and Johnny Ball - an engineering genius of the same ilk as Britten and Munro. In 2009, he had the batshit idea of taking an 8litre V10 viper engine and designing and building a motorcycle around it. This thing puts out 500lb-ft of torque and 500bhp and will see 185mph @ 5,000rpm, 215 mph at half throttle and idles at 30 mph yet he's occasionally sighted trundling around the back lanes of Berkshire on it. It sounds like a cross between a Massey Ferguson tractor and a Messerschmitt 109. Shut the throttle too abruptly and the engine braking would probably hurl you over the bars and the opposite side of the home counties. 

The ratchet driven centre stand has me howling every time. 

And next week, join us when Allen takes a Lamborghini V12 engine and installs it in a Honda Super Cub. 

• Haha 1