Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

Contemplating getting a GSXR - 600 as a small commuter bike 😬

The GXS650F is a great bike for commuting, It's more of a sports tourer which you sit a little bit more upright. More comfortable than laying over the tank with your body weight on your wrists. And looks just as good as a GSXR. 

Motorbikes aren’t my thing however I met a supplier at the triumph factory in Hinckley last week - the cafe is great, worth a visit. 

Lots of middle aged divorced men with dodgy beards stroking motorbikes and I believe the museum is free to look around after your coffee. 

• 1 month later...

Thought my days of chopping and changing machines was gone and that the two Enfields would be the final bikes I own.

Found myself looking at Africa Twins online yesterday as a way of procrastinating. Today, agreed to chopping my brace in p/x for one. Never really bonded with the Himalayan but it'll be sad to say goodbye to the Interceptor.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Thought my days of chopping and changing machines was gone and that the two Enfields would be the final bikes I own.

Found myself looking at Africa Twins online yesterday as a way of procrastinating. Today, agreed to chopping my brace in p/x for one. Never really bonded with the Himalayan but it'll be sad to say goodbye to the Interceptor.

I rode one last year. Despite the size and displacement, they are surprisingly nimble and agile - perfect for your green laning bar the tightest spots that you have visited. 

1 hour ago, SpacedX said:

I rode one last year. Despite the size and displacement, they are surprisingly nimble and agile - perfect for your green laning bar the tightest spots that you have visited. 

Fancy some touring next year - up to Scotland and off around Europe. Neither of those suited to the Enfields. 

Used to have a Tiger 1200 which I got rid of for all the reasons I’m getting the AT 😂

On 24/09/2023 at 21:12, Tommy G said:

Motorbikes aren’t my thing however I met a supplier at the triumph factory in Hinckley last week - the cafe is great, worth a visit. 

Lots of middle aged divorced men with dodgy beards stroking motorbikes and I believe the museum is free to look around after your coffee. 

10 mins down the road from me and I've never been. Mainly as I'm not really a m/c enthusiast. 

Having looked on line:

Visits to the Triumph Factory Visitor Experience Exhibition, Café and Shop are free. Factory Tours need to be pre-booked and are £25 per head. 

Factory visitor experience | For the Ride (triumphmotorcycles.co.uk)

Think I'll make the "long" drive down the A47 and take a free look.

Edited by Parafox

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

10 mins down the road from me and I've never been. Mainly as I'm not really a m/c enthusiast. 

Having looked on line:

Visits to the Triumph Factory Visitor Experience Exhibition, Café and Shop are free. Factory Tours need to be pre-booked and are £25 per head. 

Factory visitor experience | For the Ride (triumphmotorcycles.co.uk)

Think I'll make the "long" drive down the A47 and take a free look.

Cafe is decent. Enjoy. 

Bluetooth was sent by the devil. 

So much time spent attempting to get the lid to pair to my phone and bike. The fact that I finally managed it has left me feeling like a god. 

IMG_3889.jpeg

IMG_3890.jpeg

Edited by Daggers
  • Like 2

That said, I’ve done training with da cops and you are encouraged to “make progress” when out of national speed limits. You get sorely bollocked for breaking 20/30/50 limits - but once you’re out of town all bets are off. 

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Went out for a blat on NYD. Took it down to the coast yesterday - bit nippy.

IMG_4586.jpeg

You’re a braver man than me, mine’s tucked away until I see at least 10 degrees on the thermometer 🥶

1 minute ago, jgtuk said:

You’re a braver man than me, mine’s tucked away until I see at least 10 degrees on the thermometer 🥶

Wife and girl planned a day of romcoms, it was an act of self-preservation

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...