Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Indian Wells starts this week then, March is one of the best months on the Tennis Calendar for sure.

Still plenty of injuries in the Men's game, no Goffin, Tsonga, Wawrinka, Nadal and of course Murray.

Another tournament which is Federer's to lose. Djokovic, Nishikori and Raonic still not 100%, Dimitrov been hit and miss, Zverev could do with finding some consistency, Delpo and Big Kev though both climbing into the top 10 recently and I wouldn't be surprised to see Edmund have a good run.

....Switched from Virgin Media to BT about 6 months ago and it has not done tennis watching much good at all, thanks to Sky and BT not being friends I have Main Event, a channel which shows Prem football if it's not on Main Event, and that's it, so Tennis frequently ends up not being on.  Can be a pain in the arse for boxing as well but that normally makes the cut. 

I would say at least thats changing next year but then Amazon have bought the TV rights lol 

Zverev if he can find his form throughout the tournament, Rog if not. Hoping Edmund can build on his success

Interesting also Norrie has chance to get into the main draw today against Stakhovsky, bit more British interest wouldn't hurt, naughty boy Daniel back next month although he will probably be playing in the Tim Buck Too open and the Outter Mongolia challanger for the first few months. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Qualified, well done to him, good start to the year for him, could be a big one in general give us all someone else to watch?

Could face Novak in R2.

As for your TV situation if you're stuck use Sekastream, best streaming site I've found for not just Tennis but other Sports as well :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

French Open starting today. Will probably dip in and out over the next 2 weeks but I can't say I'm terribly excited by the prospect of Nadal winning again, or the women's game atm (am I allowed to say that?).

Nothing to stop Nadal is there. Anyone you think would stand a slight chance is out injured or just coming back from an injury. He'll win it with ease, even if he has an off day.

Feel like the womens is a bit more open, but Williams is back, so can't be counted out.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

Nadal should win this fairly comfortably again, finalist from bottom half will probably be one of Zverev, Thiem or Goffin, Djokovic playing better than he was but still think he's a bit away from competing for another Slam.

Women's wide open as usual, some potential match ups in the early rounds that could determine a lot. Halep and Svitolina obvious favourites but wouldn't be surprised if they both bottle it again, Kvitova playing well but could face a tricky obstacle in Kontaveit in R3.

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Konta out in straight sets. 32 (thirty-two) unforced errors. That's the equivalent of eight free games for her opponent. :o

She’s been struggling for a long time unfortunately. Shame, she was looking like she could challenge for serious honours.

Backed him to do this for years and it Wont be long before (apparently out of form) Sasha Zverev dethrones the lot of them on all surfaces. He’s still ridiculously young, gave Nadia a good run in Rome, when he sorts his consistency out, and it’s a case of when not if, he’ll be the new face of the ATP. His results are getting better and better, rest of the tour are on notice now unless Nole or Murray somehow manage to recapture their best, even then he will out last them eventually. What fed is doing is amazing at his age but also can surely only last for so long.

That at said I think the clay monkey is still a massive favourite for this year at least, this time next year it could be a much more interesting conversation.

interested to see how Norrie gets on tomorrow. Up to 85 after making a semi final and beating isner last week.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Time will tell my friend, your somewhat a fool if your still a doubter now though in my humble opinion 

What? For saying his form was poor at the time of Indian Wells which it was.

He's had a tremendous clay court campaign, I have him to get to the final here.