Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Ebay Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A long story of a bad experience with an ebay powerseller...

[Do read if bored :whistle: ]

On 19th Sept, I bought a big item (worth £65 plus delivery) from an ebay powerseller (over 1,000 feedback rating), believing this to be a "safer option" (than those dodgy sellers exemplified by TPH's post some time ago).

A few days later, I got a "sorry we've missed you" card left by ParcelForce. I went onto their website to request delivery on a day I knew I was home, but I didn't receive any further notes or anything. Ten days later, I checked their website again and... guess what? They claimed that they had tried to redeliver 5 or 6 times, but I had not been home, so they had delivered it to "Post Office" in the end.

I contacted the seller to let them know, they asked me to wait a few more days.

I tried to find out where the parcel might be. I rang Campbell Street and Royal Mail customer services, who suggested trying a few local post offices. None of them had a clue.

I sent another email to the seller, who said they would investigate...

I had another ParcelForce delivery and the driver/delivery man said that he had seen a big parcel for me at the depot but he had no idea why it had not been sent out with the one he was delivering just then.

I talked to ParcelForce and their Leicester depot (who failed to ring me back with details TWICE).

I contacted the seller again (giving them an update), but they did not do anything.

Nearly 6 weeks after the purchase, I logged on to the website to notice that the status had changed to "in depot" (just for the morning) and then to "sent back to sender". :rolleyes:

I tried to get ParcelForce to stop that shipment and also contacted the seller again, but apparently no one could do anything about this. The parcel had to go back to the sender and then be sent out again (at cost to the sender).

When the parcel UNEXPECTEDLY arrived one morning (a couple of weeks ago), the package was torn and I could see that the item was damaged (as well as a different colour than advertised). The delivery man recommended refusing the item on the grounds that it was damaged. Which I did.

Yesterday, annoyed that I haven't got either item or money back after 11 weeks or so, I emailed the seller giving them an ultimatum: sort it out by tomorrow or I will file with ebay.

This morning, I got a prompt email from the seller telling me that, in a GOODWILL GESTURE, they are willing to offer me my money back MINUS postage, especially since they had to pay postage twice.

I have spent hours and money on at least 20 phone calls and numerous emails to get hold of this item, but - in spite of my best efforts - it was all for nothing. On top of that, I still have no item (which I had got at a good price) plus I lose out on 20 pounds!?!?!? They must be joking!!!

Does that sound fair to you?!?!?! :(

Sorry to hear that Cisono, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. If you were the seller and sent out the item fairly swiftly through Parcelforce, then that should be the end of the matter as far you're concerned.

Parcelforce are quite reputable - I've had things sent to me through them. Whenever I'm not in I usually just collect the item from the depot the next day (I'd rather be safe than sorry by collecting it from them rather than arranging another delivery date). Granted, that may or may not be an option to you - but again, that's not the seller's fault.

Besides, the seller has posted the item out twice, once at his own expense, when it hasn't even been his/her fault that you've not received it. If I was you I'd just accept that it's been an unfortunate incident and lost the £20 in postage by sending it back. You win some, you lose some on Ebay.

Sorry to hear that Cisono, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. If you were the seller and sent out the item fairly swiftly through Parcelforce, then that should be the end of the matter as far you're concerned.

Parcelforce are quite reputable - I've had things sent to me through them. Whenever I'm not in I usually just collect the item from the depot the next day (I'd rather be safe than sorry by collecting it from them rather than arranging another delivery date). Granted, that may or may not be an option to you - but again, that's not the seller's fault.

Besides, the seller has posted the item out twice, once at his own expense, when it hasn't even been his/her fault that you've not received it. If I was you I'd just accept that it's been an unfortunate incident and lost the £20 in postage by sending it back. You win some, you lose some on Ebay.

I cannot agree with you in this instance.

Parcelforce failed to ring me back 3 times to let me know where the item was.

How could I pick it up if they didn't know WHERE it was?

The fact that they recorded the item as being signed for by "Royal Mail" really derailed my investigations too.

Also, the company will be able to get the money back from ParcelForce (ParcelForce assure me).

I have some genuine D&G jeans going on there tomorrow. They retail at £195. Well worth the £30 buy it now I have placed on them. Brand New with tags an all. Bargain ....shame they dont fit me!! :blush:

Dont suppose theyre a 34L 32W :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...