Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

They don't make them like they used to

I was always a fan of Final Fantasy.

Took hours of my life away that did.

Definitely the final fantasy series I loved FF7 espically Cloud, FF9 and the quirkey pairing of Shadow and Steiner and finally FF10 and boyish good looks of Tidus

Hated FF8, the hero was too moody though

Never completed them though I was too young and crap to do that haha

I always have liked how the creators of FF series make up cool names for the characters take your pick from Cloud,Barrett,Red,Zidan,Shadow,Steiner,Aeris,Tiff,Dagger,Tidus,Wakka,Rikki etc....

any characters names suggestion that I missed out?

Think I am going to start a thread about the best FF character! :wub:

I always have liked how the creators of FF series make up cool names for the characters take your pick from Cloud,Barrett,Red,Zidan,Shadow,Steiner,Aeris,Tiff,Dagger,Tidus,Wakka,Rikki etc....

any characters names suggestion that I missed out?

Think I am going to start a thread about the best FF character! :wub:

Er, Auron.

The (second) most badass character ever.

Ha, I've recently been playing that. I recently unearthed the Doom Trilogy and sat in my room with the lights off playing it. Love it. Also spent a good two hours playing Desert Strike on my SNES yesterday. Put in a bid for Jungle Strike on the SNESon eBay. I'm excited.

Some more classics

Oh god this is all going way back to my childhood - I loved Eye of the Beholder but I never managed to finish it because I never realised that I was supposed to have some item at the end. Drove me mad that, I only found out reading about it on the internet a couple of weeks back!

Lords of Midnight eh? I had the third one for the PC in about '94 I think - Never understood it.

Also, I blame loving football on the Italia '90 game - I got it off a mate who'd just got Fifa '94 and fell in love. And Theme Park! And Lemmings! Was never a Duke fan myself though - always preferred Doom/Quake. Treasure Island Dizzy was one of the games I played the most back before I got a Mega Drive and everything was for an Amstrad. As for SWOS, that relied on a mate with an Amiga :D

Games have been rubbish for the past few years.

All I remember about it was a bunch of guys running on the spot while a clock moved around and having no idea how to do anything or what I should even be trying to do. Gave up and went back to Earthsiege pretty quickly.

Also:

Elder Scrolls: Arena & Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, Mechwarrior 2, Ultima Underworld, System Shock, Master of Orion II, the Elite sequels, Full Throttle, Sam & Max Hit the Road, the '90s had some right classics - hardly anything to quite that level in the past 5 years or so though, some very good and very polished games but nothing of the level of those or the late '90s either. Maybe its that I'm old and cynical and that graphics have got so good that each advancement is that little bit less dramatic than before, but everything seems to be about how polished it all is. I get a feeling that, despite liking Oblivion (albeit nowhere near how much I was in love with the previous games of the series), I'm going to be massively disappointed by Fallout 3 - the first two were genius and there's no way that it'll be as well written.

Archived