Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

I'm not going to be able to watch the games this Christmas due to the change of circumstances this year.

Be interesting to see how Knicks fair against a fully working Lakers. Canny might be back which will help against Howard. Not too much but every little helps.

Have a great Christmas all, even the bitter and twisted heat fan lol.

Make that camby

Edited by Cruss5

The C's are doing some serious work in Brooklyn now.

I'm looking forward to the Knicks-Lakers game, but I'm not looking forward to watching the Knicks play in those hideous all orange jerseys the NBA is making them wear today.

Just finished watching all 5 games. Three really enjoyable games and a couple of entertaining blowouts.

Knicks played well in their loss, Lakers may actually be in the shakeup if the oldies can stay healthy (same for Knicks of course).

Heat , Thunder was a real cracker.

Just finished watching all 5 games. Three really enjoyable games and a couple of entertaining blowouts.

Knicks played well in their loss, Lakers may actually be in the shakeup if the oldies can stay healthy (same for Knicks of course).

Heat , Thunder was a real cracker.

There were a few moments during the Knicks-Lakers game when Steve Nash looked like his 2006 vintage. I was really impressed with how he looked, so soon after coming back from injury.

I'm so behind with Basketball these days, I just found out about the Nets' move to Brooklyn today. lol

Anyway, I read upon the Nets' franchise history as a consequence of that, and it makes for a very interesting read. They do have an unlucky and somewhat ill-fated past (including injury woes, bad draft pick history and a tragic death case with Petrovic). I wonder how Jordan sees the whole Knicks-Nets rivalry.

Edited by MC Prussian

I'm so behind with Basketball these days, I just found out about the Nets' move to Brooklyn today. lol

Anyway, I read upon the Nets' franchise history as a consequence of that, and it makes for a very interesting read. They do have an unlucky and somewhat ill-fated past (including injury woes, bad draft pick history and a tragic death case with Petrovic). I wonder how Jordan sees the whole Knicks-Nets rivalry.

I've, oddly enough, never seen it as a rivalry until now--at least not from this side. The Nets were so bad for so long and had so few fans during their New Jersey years that the "rivalry" took a whole generation before it even began, IMO. And when the Nets finally became good in the early 2000s, when they had Kidd, K-Mart, Rip Hamilton, Keith Van Horn etc., Knicks fans weren't as pissed off at the Nets as they were their own team. It was more, "How can the Nets get such good players as a nothing franchise when the Knicks, the big-money team, are wasting our salary cap space on garbage?" They knocked the Knicks out of the playoffs, too, a few years back, but a Knicks-Nets playoff game still never caused an emotional stir like what happens when we play the Celtics or Heat.

It's a little different now, because they've moved to an area that was always Knicks country and have made huge deals about being the top dogs in the City. Now, we hate how much they overcompensate for everything with hype, we hate their stupid clip art logos, we hate how they think they can just stroll into a Knicks city and a Knicks borough and assume everybody will just switch allegiances, we hate that stupid "Brooook-lyyyyn" chant, and we think Kris Humphries and Brook Lopez would make the 1st team of an NBA all-annoying team. The new "rivalry" is still nebulous, and while the first two meetings were exciting games (Nets won the 1st in OT, while the Knicks won the 2nd on a last-second shot--Knicks spanked them the 3rd time), it will take a heated moment to really cause this pot to boil over. I might hate the new-look Brooklyn Nets, but as much as Mikhail Prokorov, Jay-Z and league commissioner David Stern want New York-Brooklyn to be a huge rivalry, it won't happen overnight.

Edited by Jordan

The C's are doing some serious work in Brooklyn now.

I'm looking forward to the Knicks-Lakers game, but I'm not looking forward to watching the Knicks play in those hideous all orange jerseys the NBA is making them wear today.

Watching that game was hard work on the eyes, the white and orange meshing together hurt at times.

Did you see the refs decision where it hit D'antoni's foot and Lakers got the ball in the game against the Knicks. Not sure if it would of affected the game too much but it was terrible. Also, i think before that decision Anthony went for a rebound and it clearly came off of his hand and they gave it to the Knicks after spending 5 minutes looking at video footage.

Not sure if any of you have played Leicester local league but some of the decisions the refs make are terrible but i didn't expect to see it as bad in the NBA.

Good result against the Suns, Smith stepping up again and Kidd rolling back the years.

Did you see the refs decision where it hit D'antoni's foot and Lakers got the ball in the game against the Knicks. Not sure if it would of affected the game too much but it was terrible. Also, i think before that decision Anthony went for a rebound and it clearly came off of his hand and they gave it to the Knicks after spending 5 minutes looking at video footage.

Not sure if any of you have played Leicester local league but some of the decisions the refs make are terrible but i didn't expect to see it as bad in the NBA.

Good result against the Suns, Smith stepping up again and Kidd rolling back the years.

Some of the calls that benefitted the Knicks on Christmas were atrocious. Those possession calls were horrible, but the refs also called two ticky-tacky fouls on MWP in the 4th that caused him to foul out. Knicks were bitching about the refs during and after the Bulls game last week, and one wonders if that had any effect on the calls (and non-calls) late in the T-wolves and Lakers games. Working the refs, though, is just something you've got to do in the NBA. Perhaps no coach and no player were as good at that than Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan, and look what they achieved.

J.R. took some ridiculous shots in the 4th quarter vs the Lakers that he had no business attempting, and that hurt the team. However, I told my brother, "That's just part of what you get with him; you've got to take the bad with the good." And he's been so good this year that I'm fine with accepting a few stupid plays if it means J.R is just being J.R. Last night, he gave us another performance that's worth the few missed 26-foot shots he's bound to attempt.

Speaking of the Nets and head coaches, Avery Johnson was just fired today on the back of a recent slump that has taken the team down to .500. I don't think AJ is the best coach, and I think the Nets are a decent team, but he's clearly not bad enough and the Nets aren't that good to fire a coach for being .500 in December.

Speaking of the Nets and head coaches, Avery Johnson was just fired today on the back of a recent slump that has taken the team down to .500. I don't think AJ is the best coach, and I think the Nets are a decent team, but he's clearly not bad enough and the Nets aren't that good to fire a coach for being .500 in December.

I love the fact they think they have a chance at getting Jackson as well lol