Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
syston_fox

Yeovil

But it is a walk.

... the closest 'real' local ... The Arrow ... it's a six minute walk (slow one) or a ten minute stagger ... as for being in the middle of an industrial estate!?! ... it's on the edge of a main road between a large housing estate (Abbey Manor) and the Houndstone Industrial Park, ten minutes walk to ASDA for homeward-bound supplies or 12 minutes walk to the local Fish and Chip shop (Palmers) that does both take-away or sit-down meals. Across from Palmers is the Airfield Tavern (formally a Brewers Fare), so expect the usual pub-styled meals there. Straight down the road from ASDA is the The Bell (a hungry horse pub) favoured by many of the Green and White supporters.

Parking at the ground cost £2 and it takes an age to get out after a game.

The Club itself has a 'beer-tent' (don't laugh, they've been promising a supporters bar for years!) which serves all comers before a game but only home fans after it ... and when there's more than a dozen folks in there it is a pain in the arse to get served (be warned the Green and White ale is about 3% abv, tastes of nothing but is fizzy and cold!)

The town centre will be ... well ... Closed! ... a wet windy Monday night in Jan is not the time to visit Yeovil, it's tiny and has virtually 'no' night life or town centre pubs of any note!

The away end is uncovered and the weather forecast is not too clever, so prepare for wind, rain and even snow!

The playing surface at the club is excellent, if a little soft at this time of year ... cuts up well and causes some interesting 'bobbling' passes in the later stages of games. If it is windy then the stadium is like a swirling cauldron and aerial balls can go anywhere, including weak goal kicks going back towards the keeper from whence they came!

There's often moans on their forum from the home supporters if out-sung by visitors and they've recently lost their drum and 'mad trumpet' player at home games (which is sad as they were both entertaining in their own strange ways)

Takes me 2 and 3/4 hours from Huish Park to the Walkers on a Sat morning and that's without rushing or taking stupid risks.

See you boys down here on Monday, has the potential for an entertaining game as the Glovers like to play to the pitch and often surprise with some good pass and go football. The locals are a good lot and friendly and like their footy and it will be nice for me not to have to drive half my weekend to see the Mighty Foxes.

yeovil is a shite hole at the best of times, and the ground is in one of the poorer areas of the town. fook knows where people are gonna park, would def advise going on Fox Travel if anyone's unsure. there's a housing estate opposite which may be ok for parking, but the industrial bit will be closed i expect.

1 - depends on the walk (or run if we're with Carl :whistle: )

You've got long legs as well, you should be able to keep up. I can, and I'm almost as wee as Wee Dave.

I managed it on Wednesday.... until he started running <_<

There was me trying to make out he'd lost his pace as well. Are you telling me I'm wrong?

HF?

Pyjamas?

Would it be too much to go down in the car in pyjamas?

A pyjama-based conga?

Would have to be thermalised PJs then. It's going to be effing freezing down there on Monday, I have thermal socks, vest and long johns at the ready.

I'm a gonna be sexeh!

Would have to be thermalised PJs then. It's going to be effing freezing down there on Monday, I have thermal socks, vest and long johns at the ready.

I'm a gonna be sexeh!

That's it- I'm definitely going now.

Other business can swivel :D

EDIT- It's alright Katy, I won't really be there, so you don't need to worry.

Takes me 2 and 3/4 hours from Huish Park to the Walkers on a Sat morning and that's without rushing or taking stupid risks.

It's strange that Foxes Travel is allotting over SIX HOURS for travel in the opposite direction.

Let's hope this will allow for an early arrival and a decent session in the nearest pub.. :beer::cool:

... the closest 'real' local ... The Arrow ... it's a six minute walk (slow one) or a ten minute stagger ... as for being in the middle of an industrial estate!?! ... it's on the edge of a main road between a large housing estate (Abbey Manor) and the Houndstone Industrial Park, ten minutes walk to ASDA for homeward-bound supplies or 12 minutes walk to the local Fish and Chip shop (Palmers) that does both take-away or sit-down meals. Across from Palmers is the Airfield Tavern (formally a Brewers Fare), so expect the usual pub-styled meals there. Straight down the road from ASDA is the The Bell (a hungry horse pub) favoured by many of the Green and White supporters.

Parking at the ground cost £2 and it takes an age to get out after a game.

The Club itself has a 'beer-tent' (don't laugh, they've been promising a supporters bar for years!) which serves all comers before a game but only home fans after it ... and when there's more than a dozen folks in there it is a pain in the arse to get served (be warned the Green and White ale is about 3% abv, tastes of nothing but is fizzy and cold!)

The town centre will be ... well ... Closed! ... a wet windy Monday night in Jan is not the time to visit Yeovil, it's tiny and has virtually 'no' night life or town centre pubs of any note!

The away end is uncovered and the weather forecast is not too clever, so prepare for wind, rain and even snow!

The playing surface at the club is excellent, if a little soft at this time of year ... cuts up well and causes some interesting 'bobbling' passes in the later stages of games. If it is windy then the stadium is like a swirling cauldron and aerial balls can go anywhere, including weak goal kicks going back towards the keeper from whence they came!

There's often moans on their forum from the home supporters if out-sung by visitors and they've recently lost their drum and 'mad trumpet' player at home games (which is sad as they were both entertaining in their own strange ways)

See you boys down here on Monday, has the potential for an entertaining game as the Glovers like to play to the pitch and often surprise with some good pass and go football. The locals are a good lot and friendly and like their footy and it will be nice for me not to have to drive half my weekend to see the Mighty Foxes.

Are you telling me google earth lied to me!?

Dont get to see my beloved foxes much living in Taffland and still playing (well trying to) on Saturdays.

Really looking forward to Monday's game at Yeovil. How many we got going? Lets really make some noise for the Tele and show them we're on our way back!!

:chant:

I'm all for the 20 people holding bits of paper because then at least if the game is boring we can make anagrams!

Shall i print one out then for the pure fun.

If it don't work, we can make paper planes and see who's goes the furthest?

Archived