Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester 2 v 1 Hereford Post Match Thread

A word for Hereford really, thought they gave it a really good go. Their fans were pretty good too although not quite as amazing as they thought they were. lol

They need to make better use of Ainsworth though, he shouldn't be playing for a team in their position. He was good for Watford when we played them away last season although I think he went off when they went down to 10 men. Possibly pace and not a lot else but still better than most wingers we've seen against us this season.

Job done really. I knew it would be a tough one today and our performance once Fryatt went off further confirmed my suspicions that this team looks a bit dodgy as soon as you get past the first XI (Tunchev obviously missing too).

Davies is superb.

"Job done really. I knew it would be a tough one today and our performance once Fryatt went off further confirmed my suspicions that this team looks a bit dodgy as soon as you get past the first XI (Tunchev obviously missing too)."

Quite a few of the first X1 looked "dodgy" too today....

but isnt he now playing well because he is playing on the right where he has a bit more freedom and time ?
But Oakley wasn't as effective in central midfield. Perhaps he needed to pace himself too much in that role but, whatever, he's been far more effective in his current role and so have King and now Davies.

Gradel, for me, should either come off the bench to replace Dyer on the left or be a last half-hour alternative on the right or even in a roaming attacking role.

I think it's more confidence that he has gained rather than a change of position that has made him more effective. Most of his play is still in the middle of the park rather than out on the right where he ought to belong.

Don't get me wrong, Oakley, Davis and King are great to have in the side. This is my dilema. Why change a winning formula. However, how much more effective would we be with another Dyer type player running at defences down the right flank?

will someone tell our forwards that they are allowed to shoot inside the box, all they seemed to want to do today was tee someone up from 20+ yards out, Dickov is a penalty box striker and I don't think he got 1 clear chance

Not the greatest of games, and one we should have finished off. However I am delighted we will be top of the league going into the new year, and I'm looking forward to seeing how we will measure up against Palace next weekend.

Shame on our stewards for stopping the Hereford conga. Shame on you.

Two idiotic challenges - one ended in a goal and the other could have done. 15 minutes of cracking play...then...errr...Christ it was dull. That was a game that should have been buried beyond all doubt. But, a win is another win - now I need to find a way to warm my legs.

I will need at least two weeks in the Caribbean to thaw out. <_<

l I'm still concerned about the way our game falls apart near the end and how we always offer the opposition just a glimmer of hope.

Hopefully Pearson will deal with that before long.

When I looked a few games ago, the stats said we scored more goals in the last 15 minutes of a match than any other time.

I think it's time Dyer got a rest personally. At this moment of thinking I'd have Gradel in his position as Nicky Adams fills me with no confidence at all. Gradel had success with Bournemouth playing left wing and cutting inside, something which could be given a thought soon for us I think.

It would be nice if our club did keep us informed about injuries/absentees etc.

It could be an exciting monthly benefit? :whistle::D

A word for Hereford really, thought they gave it a really good go. Their fans were pretty good too although not quite as amazing as they thought they were. lol

"Where's your conga gone, where's your conga gone?"lol

Not the best of games but not the worst either.

Thought we always seemed in command, although was worried about Berner being skinned a few times by their forward, the substitution to bring Mattock on made sense.

Davies IMO had a very good game yet again. Sign him up if we can. :please:

As per usual we did things the hard way though by letting them score to give us a slightly panicky last ten minutes.

Still job done, another three points.

Let's hope we can keep the ball roling for the next half of the season.

I think it's time Dyer got a rest personally. At this moment of thinking I'd have Gradel in his position as Nicky Adams fills me with no confidence at all. Gradel had success with Bournemouth playing left wing and cutting inside, something which could be given a thought soon for us I think.

Hopefully Pearson will use the Palace game to rest Fryatt, Dyer & King however I think King will have to play as I doubt Wolves will let Davies play

Not the best of games but not the worst either.

Thought we always seemed in command, although was worried about Berner being skinned a few times by their forward, the substitution to bring Mattock on made sense.

Davies IMO had a very good game yet again. Sign him up if we can. :please:

As per usual we did things the hard way though by letting them score to give us a slightly panicky last ten minutes.

Still job done, another three points.

Let's hope we can keep the ball roling for the next half of the season.

think that must of been due to an injury

When I looked a few games ago, the stats said we scored more goals in the last 15 minutes of a match than any other time.

I'm certainly not going to list the instances individually - there's enough examples. But if you're happy I'm pleased for you. Me I thought Hereford should have been dead and buried with Kingy's goal and I'd have been livid if a team of mine had got that sloppy at the end of any match cos it was so unnecessary.

I even wondered if we might have another Brighton - or at the very least 2-2 - and I wasn't the only one in the area where I was seated. Hereford were an appalling team defensively and we still succeeded in quite flattering them.

Hopefully Pearson will use the Palace game to rest Fryatt, Dyer & King however I think King will have to play as I doubt Wolves will let Davies play

think that must of been due to an injury

He's already played for us in the FA Cup against D & R

It's a useful result in that it has opened the gap at the top which is so important. But how we laboured in the end to beat a woefully poor Hereford side.

Yes they seemed positive enough in attack but their defenders were so panicky at times and could clearly be carved apart by accurate one-touch football. For 25 minutes I thought we were in for a treat with several top class moves resulting in a goal and chances to put the game beyond the visiors by half-time.

Gradually though our programme of games took effect. Our closing down got progressively slower and we went into our familiar suicide mode as the minutes ticked away. Hereford scored one but thankfully we were saved by the proverbial bell before it got worse.

The game demonstrated how much we need more supporting players. Gradel would seem to have been sent home to see his family because, surely, Pearson wouldn't have chosen Adams ahead of him otherwise.

Although we now have 51 points and are clearly capable of some thrilling football I'm still concerned about the way our game falls apart near the end and how we always offer the opposition just a glimmer of hope.

Hopefully Pearson will deal with that before long.

Why not choose Adams over Gradel. The latter has been largely woeful all season and as pearson has consistently said he looks at what goes on all week so maybe Adams has been training well.

By the way onre of the main culprits for closing down too slowly in the last 15 minutes was King.

I'm certainly not going to list the instances individually - there's enough examples. But if you're happy I'm pleased for you. Me I thought Hereford should have been dead and buried with Kingy's goal and I'd have been livid if a team of mine had got that sloppy at the end of any match cos it was so unnecessary.

I even wondered if we might have another Brighton - or at the very least 2-2 - and I wasn't the only one in the area where I was seated. Hereford were an appalling team defensively and we still succeeded in quite flattering them.

Sorry but where did I mention anything about my feelings? I was stating a fact about our attacking prowess in the last 15 this season... Which I don't expect you to take notice of as we all know you don't deal in facts.

A win the most important thing today. 51 points at half way is an excellent acheivement! Currentley on for 102 points! However Dickov did not look nearly as dangerous as Fryatt. Can only see MK Dons being a threat now. We will finish 1st or 2nd!

Hereford are a decent side, and played some decent stuff at times. They came to us and had a good go and this could well have been a 2-2 because we were asleep at the back.

Still, 3 points and job done.

Now, I'll join Daggers to warm my feet.

First 15 mins of the game we played good football. Shoud've been 2-0 up by then. Rest of the game we just played long ball mostly to Howard when we were playing good football on the floor. Does anyone know why Fryatt was taken off? Did he pick up an injury? Done well to hold on in the end. Thought we were gonna let another 2goal lead slip after we conceded.

We got 3pts at the end which is good andd hopefuly beat palace in cup next week.

Archived