Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester 2 v 1 Hereford Post Match Thread

FT 2-1.

Fifty one points half way through the season. Come on City, well done to the management and players. :chant: :chant: :scarf::D;)

51 points at the half way stage of the season looks promising to say the least. Millwall drawing with Yeovil puts further breathing space between us and the play-offs as well. I have a feeling that Franchise away on the 28th February is going to be one hell of a game.

Not the most exciting game but it was a freezing cold Sunday afternoon & all I wanted was three points.

Nice to come through the Christmas period unbeaten only dropping two points.

Millwall dropping points was nice too, top two will do me.

Bring on '09.

Poor performance really, but obviously happy with the 3 points which is the most important thing.

It should have been dead and buried at 2-0 but we gave away a needless free-kick and then defended it shockingly. Dickov and Dyer were both awful, disappointing when both players needed to produce a decent performance.

Oakley was man of the match without a doubt. Him and Davies were just about the only two players who looked to produce anything worthwhile all match. King, Howard and Hobbs were all decent I thought too.

All in all, a lot to be improved on but a win's a win. Shame those bastard Dons keep winning too...

Shame those bastard Dons keep winning too...

:cool:

to be honest we never looked in any trouble against southend, even when we let up for a bit at the end of the first half they never really troubled us, in the second half it was one way traffic and it could easily of been four or five

cracking free kick by baldock though

:cool:

to be honest we never looked in any trouble against southend, even when we let up for a bit at the end of the first half they never really troubled us, in the second half it was one way traffic and it could easily of been four or five

cracking free kick by baldock though

:S

Not the best of games, but the result is what counts and we got 3 points. Top of the league still, 7 point gap between 3rd, All looks good but there is still another 23 games to go but keep it up and we will be top at the end of the season, IMO (Without wanting to jinxing it) we don't even need to mirror the first half of the season, obviously our aim will be to mirror or better the 1st half of the season but to mirror the first half would put us on over 100 points which will be more than enough i'm sure.

A nice test comes on Saturday, we can't really base how we will fair in the Championship on 1 game next week (As seen last season we challenged Chelsea last season, but we were no-where near Premiership quality) but we can see how do against the higher opposition which we are hoping to meet next season.

Just got back and started to thaw out.

Just because Hereford are at the bottom of the division doesn't mean that we would hammer them. By all accounts, from what I saw, they deserve to be higher up the table. They came to play football and gave us a test.

Three points - job done!

We need to extend Davies loan or even put in a sneaky bid in the January sales.

More than happy with our points tally to date and pulling away from the chasing pack.

Bring on Palace next week. Should be a good game against a team we should be playing next season.

Just got back and started to thaw out.

Just because Hereford are at the bottom of the division doesn't mean that we would hammer them. By all accounts, from what I saw, they deserve to be higher up the table. They came to play football and gave us a test.

Three points - job done!

We need to extend Davies loan or even put in a sneaky bid in the January sales.

More than happy with our points tally to date and pulling away from the chasing pack.

Bring on Palace next week. Should be a good game against a team we should be playing next season.

Just got back too. We should have buried them beyond saving in the first half - but I agree with Munzie, Hereford didn't look all that bad a team, so the result was acceptable and it was an entertaining match. (Regardless of what that guy from Stoney Stanton said on RL)

Job done.

Exactement petit Dave!

Two idiotic challenges - one ended in a goal and the other could have done. 15 minutes of cracking play...then...errr...Christ it was dull. That was a game that should have been buried beyond all doubt. But, a win is another win - now I need to find a way to warm my legs.

It's a useful result in that it has opened the gap at the top which is so important. But how we laboured in the end to beat a woefully poor Hereford side.

Yes they seemed positive enough in attack but their defenders were so panicky at times and could clearly be carved apart by accurate one-touch football. For 25 minutes I thought we were in for a treat with several top class moves resulting in a goal and chances to put the game beyond the visiors by half-time.

Gradually though our programme of games took effect. Our closing down got progressively slower and we went into our familiar suicide mode as the minutes ticked away. Hereford scored one but thankfully we were saved by the proverbial bell before it got worse.

The game demonstrated how much we need more supporting players. Gradel would seem to have been sent home to see his family because, surely, Pearson wouldn't have chosen Adams ahead of him otherwise.

Although we now have 51 points and are clearly capable of some thrilling football I'm still concerned about the way our game falls apart near the end and how we always offer the opposition just a glimmer of hope.

Hopefully Pearson will deal with that before long.

Never really got going today, when we scored and the couple of minutes after that we looked like we were going to put on a real performance and murder them but it never materialised. Hereford were ok but we always looked comfortable enough until we conceded the sloppy goal, awful marking. Oakley and Davies best players on the pitch.

It's a useful result in that it has opened the gap at the top which is so important. But how we laboured in the end to beat a woefully poor Hereford side.

Yes they seemed positive enough in attack but their defenders were so panicky at times and could clearly be carved apart by accurate one-touch football. For 25 minutes I thought we were in for a treat with several top class moves resulting in a goal and chances to put the game beyond the visiors by half-time.

Gradually though our programme of games took effect. Our closing down got progressively slower and we went into our familiar suicide mode as the minutes ticked away. Hereford scored one but thankfully we were saved by the proverbial bell before it got worse.

The game demonstrated how much we need more supporting players. Gradel would seem to have been sent home to see his family because, surely, Pearson wouldn't have chosen Adams ahead of him otherwise.

Although we now have 51 points and are clearly capable of some thrilling football I'm still concerned about the way our game falls apart near the end and how we always offer the opposition just a glimmer of hope.

Hopefully Pearson will deal with that before long.

It would be nice if our club did keep us informed about injuries/absentees etc.

I spent the journey home thinking about how a new right winger, bought in the forthcoming January sales, would be a welcomed addition. This was concluded given Gradel's lack of appearences lately (something that has followed some below par performances on his part). Is he injured, out of favour, dealing with family issues? :dunno:

That said, Oakley is playing really well at the moment. For me however, he drifts too far in field and restricts our play to just the left flank on too many occasions. I would like to see him retake a central midfield role where he would be just as effective. That would mean that either King or Davies would have to make way!?! Dilema.

I spent the journey home thinking about how a new right winger, bought in the forthcoming January sales, would be a welcomed addition. This was concluded given Gradel's lack of appearences lately (something that has followed some below par performances on his part). Is he injured, out of favour, dealing with family issues? :dunno:

That said, Oakley is playing really well at the moment. For me however, he drifts too far in field and restricts our play to just the left flank on too many occasions. I would like to see him retake a central midfield role where he would be just as effective. That would mean that either King or Davies would have to make way!?! Dilema.

but isnt he now playing well because he is playing on the right where he has a bit more freedom and time ?

But Oakley wasn't as effective in central midfield. Perhaps he needed to pace himself too much in that role but, whatever, he's been far more effective in his current role and so have King and now Davies.

Gradel, for me, should either come off the bench to replace Dyer on the left or be a last half-hour alternative on the right or even in a roaming attacking role.

Archived