Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Been busy week saw Franz Nicolay on Sunday, Sigur ros who were amazing on Tuesday, Jason isbell once of drive by truckers last night and finishing off with cerebral ballzy and the amazing snakeheads tomorrow night!

Few days off then it's time few mogwai in cambridge

Been busy week saw Franz Nicolay on Sunday, Sigur ros who were amazing on Tuesday, Jason isbell once of drive by truckers last night and finishing off with cerebral ballzy and the amazing snakeheads tomorrow night!

Few days off then it's time few mogwai in cambridge

blimey.

:lol: nope but I've only done that once!

Not gonna lie, it was pretty tame for one of their concerts. Mainly due to teenagers all around us. Me and my mate wanted to do some moshing but literally no-one else moves around us. And then if you mosh around a bit you get dodgy looks. Fvck off if you're not gonna move about a little bit lol

Even worse, in the queue, we had this one girl telling us to speak quietly. WTF?! You're about to go in to a rock concert! You gonna put a request in to Jared to tone it down a little bit? Silly bint.

It was better than the last time they played there I think. He's learnt to sing more :o My seat was nice and comfy, had some American dude next to me who didn't know any songs but knew of them. Strange.

It was better than the last time they played there I think. He's learnt to sing more :o My seat was nice and comfy, had some American dude next to me who didn't know any songs but knew of them. Strange.

never understood people sitting at rock concerts unless it was medical reasons of course.

never understood people sitting at rock concerts unless it was medical reasons of course.

I had a seat but stood in front of it, I never get standing tickets if seats are available, due to only being 5'6, I always get the tall ***** stand in front of me so I can't see anything.

He only sings more because the newer songs aren't as screamy. Notice how he doesn't do any older songs full band, but just acoustic. Attack, The Kill are the main ones. Only at some very special shows will he even touch some self-titled album stuff. He doesn't have the voice any more to do screaming which is why he lets the crowd do the screaming/shoutier parts of those songs.

Same. Totally rubbish if you're sitting. 

I had a seat but stood in front of it, I never get standing tickets if seats are available, due to only being 5'6, I always get the tall ***** stand in front of me so I can't see anything.

You would have been fine standing. 

I hate when people behind me think they have some god-given right to get in front of me just because they are a bit vertically challenged. Lost count of the amount times in all the gigs I've been to where I've been asked to move back because people behind can't see. Errrrr. No. 

Had some skanky bitch try to get through people in the queue on her own (wasn't successful). Then just before 30 Seconds To Mars came on, we saw her trying to make her way through to the front using the excuse 'my friend is at the front, I need to get to them'. Everyone around us recognised her from earlier and knew what she was trying to do. She was on the phone to them apparently (I saw her phone was off lol ). So I said 'what do they look like and I'll pick them out for you?'. She didn't answer and just carried on finding another way to get through. Whore.

I still reckon he should do The Story in the acoustic bit, they never seem to play it anymore. There were 2 separate fights behind me, some foreign woman was livid with her boyfriend (i think) then stormed off after throwing her drink over the woman (she didn't know) in front.

I still reckon he should do The Story in the acoustic bit, they never seem to play it anymore. There were 2 separate fights behind me, some foreign woman was livid with her boyfriend (i think) then stormed off after throwing her drink over the woman (she didn't know) in front.

That's not popular with the fans so they'll probably never do it again!

I don't mind them doing the songs acoustic, but it's just full-band they are much better. Can understand and appreciate why it can't be done though. 

I can't choose between Do Or Die, Search & Destroy or Closer To The Edge for the best performance last night.

Ha yeah I always love K&Q but those 3 above would be hard to split. 

I'd edge for Do or Die - mainly because it'd be first time seeing it live. I got up on my mates shoulders (as if I wasn't tall enough) for Closer to the Edge (was wearing the t-shirt) but Jared didn't notice. willy puller. 

I sound like such a fangirl lol.

Ah ok, when I went to see the arctic monkeys the vast majority of those in seating stood, I did have a couple near me who would sit for the odd song then stand for others, all a bit odd.

Everyone stood up in Birmingham that I can remember.

• 2 weeks later...