Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

They were really good mate. They played about 8 tracks from there first album. And only a few off the new one. Better than the first time i saw them tbf

I'll only be sad if they play Time To Dance

Edited by Lamby

Did you catch the Strypes?

I went out and got their album after seeing them support Arctic Monkeys.

No, unfortunately my attention span is of a 5 year old so got there about 5mins before the arctic monkets hit the stage, I do like the strypes though, if they toured I would check them out.

No, unfortunately my attention span is of a 5 year old so got there about 5mins before the arctic monkets hit the stage, I do like the strypes though, if they toured I would check them out.

I didn't catch the Strypes either.

I thought AM's were great on the whole. Alex Turner is turning into a really good front man I think, strange accent he's adopted though. 

'Do I Wanna Know' is an opener and a half.

Edited by BrummieFOX

I didn't catch the Strypes either.

I thought AM's were great on the whole. Alex Turner is turning into a really good front man I think, strange accent he's adopted though. 

'Do I Wanna Know' is an opener and a half.

The first 7 songs were belters, lost its way in the middle part but I'm not a massive fan so I'm being a little selfish there. 

I had a brilliant view, although my ears arel ringing a bit so maybe I was too close lol.

Not sure if it was the position of my seat but I thought the vocal sound was a little distorted, its my first concert at the nec so not sure if its always like that but I felt the sound at other venues were clearer.

That said it was an enjoyable gig, the kids standing on the floor looked like they were having lots of fun.

Oh and I saw a woman with her top off which is always a nice bonus.

Monkeys were excellent last night, Do I Wanna Know? WOW. Shame they didn't encore to 505 though! Going to see them again now in Finsbury in May.

They've been doing that for years so it was time for a change and I think R U Mine is a good choice.

I went to Earls Court and LG last night. I think they put in a stronger performance at EC, but I guess that's because they were fresher and Turner's voice hadn't taken a hammering.

Still, I thought they were very, very good and Turner has become an excellent showman.

What sort of set did they play?

I'm off to Amsterdam on monday to see them out there

It was a pretty varied set to be honest, plenty of older stuff with some new stuff thrown in really. Reckon there's something in there for everyone.

My mate who's seen them plenty of times commented on the fact that there were tracks he'd never seen em play live before.

Monkeys were excellent last night, Do I Wanna Know? WOW. Shame they didn't encore to 505 though! Going to see them again now in Finsbury in May.

Day you going? ... I got tickets for the Saturday.

I don't think Turner can choose which accent he wants to stick with. As a frontman though, he is getting better.